Deleted

DISC: 502 healing chest of 502 Shadow chest?

This is for my alt Disco priest. I got the chest token tonight, but looking at the stats (only upgrading from 496 to 502) I lose 253 spirit if I gem spi/int, spi/mast, spi. And reforge the haste to spirit. But looking at the shadow chest, the static mastery is better itemised, the spirit is lush, with the same gemming technique I would end up a net gain in everything.
    Now, I am aware the healing chest would give me 502 2set bonus..... but seeing as this is merely an alt and I wont be getting in to any ToT raids soon, I'm not overly bothered with it.

Lolbubbles - EU Thunderhorn

I'm not sure which way to go with it. I'm thinking I can always get 2set another way and get more out of the token atm, or settle for the less itemised haste/crit and less spirit.

What do people think?

Halatosis

Quote Originally Posted by Halatosis View Post
    This is for my alt Disco priest. I got the chest token tonight, but looking at the stats (only upgrading from 496 to 502) I lose 253 spirit if I gem spi/int, spi/mast, spi. And reforge the haste to spirit. But looking at the shadow chest, the static mastery is better itemised, the spirit is lush, with the same gemming technique I would end up a net gain in everything.
    Now, I am aware the healing chest would give me 502 2set bonus..... but seeing as this is merely an alt and I wont be getting in to any ToT raids soon, I'm not overly bothered with it.

Lolbubbles - EU Thunderhorn

I'm not sure which way to go with it. I'm thinking I can always get 2set another way and get more out of the token atm, or settle for the less itemised haste/crit and less spirit.

What do people think?

Halatosis
    Get the healing chest, and use the glove slot for your off-set piece (either the ones from Primordius or Lei Shen i think).

You'll want the healing chest as it has crit and I suspect you won't need that much spirit as you get more geared (I run 13k spi and it's endless mana). The most optimal reforging you can do is spi>crit>mastery>haste.
    The formula for the amount of crit you want is: C = .11 + .9*(Mastery %).
    If you are fully raid buffed the formula would be C = .6 + .9 *((7800+Mastery Rating)/375)

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Get the healing chest, and use the glove slot for your off-set piece (either the ones from Primordius or Lei Shen i think).
    I would also suggest this. The Shadow set gloves actually look very compelling for that slot.

Gloves of the Exorcist
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    You'll want the healing chest as it has crit and I suspect you won't need that much spirit as you get more geared (I run 13k spi and it's endless mana). The most optimal reforging you can do is spi>crit>mastery>haste.
    The formula for the amount of crit you want is: C = .11 + .9*(Mastery %).
    If you are fully raid buffed the formula would be C = .6 + .9 *((7800+Mastery Rating)/375)
    Start gemming int if you feel like you have too much spirit. It's better to get more spirit on gear and gem int than to sacrifice spirit for crit or mastery.

Where did you get those formulas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    (I run 13k spi and it's endless mana).
    13k spirit? Do you have spirit socketed or are you just heroic geared already? I'm only at 510 with three non-spirit pieces and spirit only socketed as "Purified" in blue sockets and I'm at ~8700 unbuffed. Now that's not infinite mana but I'm wondering how you managed to get 4300 spirit more than I have.

Also, it seems like a waste to have that much if it's just "infinite mana". I prefer ending a fight close to being out of mana and having more of other stats than just stacking spirit. Or is there perhaps a benefit to 13k spirit, with which you likely never end a fight below 50%, that I am missing?
    Last edited by Venara; 2013-04-06 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    I would also suggest this. The Shadow set gloves actually look very compelling for that slot.

Gloves of the Exorcist
    No, I was talking specifically about the ones that drop from Primordius, or Lei Shen. They both have 2 sockets, instead of the 1 socket on any tier glove. One drop has +mastery and one has +crit, versus the +haste on tier gloves, and the socket bonuses for both are good.

Sure, it's a wash in *total* stats, but if you gem pure INT, I believe you wind up with more from the offset gloves (from memory). If you don't gem pure INT, it still leaves with you a little bit more customization room with your gems. That and I don't gear for haste.

I do suppose, however, the Shadow gloves would be quite nice (mastery and crit), and would help more towards building an offset...but (and I haven't researched), wouldn't the healing gloves actually be better for Shadow because of the haste? /shrug
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2013-04-06 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    13k spirit? Do you have spirit socketed or are you just heroic geared already? I'm only at 510 with three non-spirit pieces and spirit only socketed as "Purified" in blue sockets and I'm at ~8700 unbuffed. Now that's not infinite mana but I'm wondering how you managed to get 4300 spirit more than I have.

Also, it seems like a waste to have that much if it's just "infinite mana". I prefer ending a fight close to being out of mana and having more of other stats than just stacking spirit. Or is there perhaps a benefit to 13k spirit, with which you likely never end a fight below 50%, that I am missing?
    When I was 510 I had something like 11k-12k spirit. Then again, i play primarily as holy, so spirit on every piece of gear and spirit gems. My trinkets don't even have static spirit on them, and I achieve these numbers.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    No, I was talking specifically about the ones that drop from Primordius, or Lei Shen. They both have 2 sockets, instead of the 1 socket on any tier glove. One drop has +mastery and one has +crit, versus the +haste on tier gloves, and the socket bonuses for both are good.

Sure, it's a wash in *total* stats, but if you gem pure INT, I believe you wind up with more from the offset gloves (from memory). If you don't gem pure INT, it still leaves with you a little bit more customization room with your gems. That and I don't gear for haste.

I do suppose, however, the Shadow gloves would be quite nice (mastery and crit), and would help more towards building an offset...but (and I haven't researched), wouldn't the healing gloves actually be better for Shadow because of the haste? /shrug
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...00.0.0.0.76694

Looks to me like the question here is: Do you need the extra spirit or not? If you can do without the spirit on this piece, the Shadow gloves clearly win, imho. There's absolutely no reason to have spirit in every slot unless you have serious mana issues.

I'm 517 equipped. I run 2/2 Heroic Qin-Xi's and 2/2 Spirits. I've started to gem 80 int and 160 spi in all my sockets if it fits right.
    When I say endless, I can run out if I'm not careful or I'm just spamming heals. I atonement a lot since I heal in 10 man heroics. I also have very good rapture uptime.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies. I did go with the healing chest in the end. Rejigged my gems and reforges to favour Atonement more, as it's the most used way of healing I do. Dropped a lot of Mastery for Crit using that formula, and I'm not far off with it.

In regards to the spirit levels, before I re-gemmed, I was sitting on 9.8k spirit at Ivl 486. After, I'm sitting on 10.5k.

Halatosis.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...00.0.0.0.76694

Looks to me like the question here is: Do you need the extra spirit or not? If you can do without the spirit on this piece, the Shadow gloves clearly win, imho. There's absolutely no reason to have spirit in every slot unless you have serious mana issues.
    i like having healthy regen(more spirit muhahahaha) :P hence i stack haste, when i need to burn my mana (POH spam ect i currently dont know the ratio of haste vs spirit though zzzz)
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-04-07 at 01:30 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!