Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    That sounds more plausible.

It's 16GB but only about 12.2 was available

just read up its an issue with asus boards and ram frequency not a major issue did you try removing the ram and only using 1 or 2 sticks also i would not bother with the cpu overclock you wont need it

Yes, I tried it. Unfortunately , it still didn't work

well good luck with the computer i highly doubt its any thing serious.unplug the power from your computer and leave it like that untill your ready to take it back to the shop just rety powering it up before you go i have seen computers do what yours is and work fine a couple of hours later come back and let us know what was the offending part if any

10+ Year Old Account
    While I don't want to say I'm abandoning you on this, I think the issue is beyond what is able to be conveyed via forum posts. At this point I'd probably do a full teardown and try to get it to post with just the board/cpu/ram outside the case and start swapping parts or something.

However, I think the problem can be remedied easier by simply waiting a few hours, take a nap (I've fixed plenty computers far from sober without problem, but exhaustion is an A+ way to break something), then call up the people who built it and go from there.

Report back once you've found out more info. Hopefully this will be a learning experience (not to be confused with a 'lesson'. You didn't do anything wrong here, and hopefully resolution won't cost you more than a little burnt time and a few grey hairs)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

So I finally got it fixed ! Going to try running a couple of the games I couldn't before to see if that issue is fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the end result to get the situation resolved?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I was just told some things inside the computer were damaged (person didn't mention any specifics).

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want you to do any more work than you already have, but it might be good to get a record of what work was done, just for warranty purposes.

Accidentally deleted my post..

I'm almost positive the problem has to do with the drivers. It seems that any game that uses NVIDIA, like bf3, Bioshock, or Metro: Last Light, doesn't work for me. Any help, please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Download the newest drivers from nvidias homepage. if those don't work try download a previous driver
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Thanks, I'll try that. Already tried downloading the latest drivers, but didn't work. I'll try previous drivers, though.