Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Want High Elves so bad.

ELF POWER.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is a good idea considering that high elves are still SUPPOSED to be rare. Also I'm not interested in seeing 9 zillion high elfs in Stormwind every time I log in...

Btw I didn't know "scholarity" was an actual word until I googled it, so gg to the OP for teaching me a new word today. /rainbow *the more you know*
    And I'm really not interested in having my enjoyment of the game be limited because you care too much about what others are doing.

Nobody would be forcing you to roll a High Elf.

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 04:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    I agree. Why the hell do people want ANOTHER elf race so much when they would look nearly identical to the existing elf races?

Let's get some new, refreshing looking races. Not the same old shit with a different name and "lore background" slapped on it.
    Because we might happen to like their lore and feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Racials are really, REALLY not correct. They sadly scream OP. Bonus to intellect? This makes everyone to roll a high elf. Ensured Crit Chance? Really? Does arena sound any bells? Resist Spells? Are you crazy? Bonus to Mastery? In what earth are you? lol
    It seems to me that the crit bonus is a CD for an increased chance to crit. Bonus to mastery is passive, a bit odd, but eh. Resist spells I would imagine would be similar to how the orcs have less stun duration. Increased intellect I disagree with being necessary, but it didn't make everyone roll gnomes, did it?
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

And I'm really not interested in having my enjoyment of the game be limited because you care too much about what others are doing.

Nobody would be forcing you to roll a High Elf.
    But it does affect my immersion if all I saw when I stepped into Stormwind were high elves...the same as it would if I stepped into Orgrimmar and all I saw were Blood Elves...oh wait...>.<

It doesn't make sense that players would be allowed play an unlimited amount of high elves if they were implemented in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Bad ideas deserve to be challenged.

no offence to the OP, I'm sure you spent some time on this, but it captures the spirit of the High Elves perfectly- copy pasted Blood Elves with less hair colors available.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    Bad ideas deserve to be challenged.

no offence to the OP, I'm sure you spent some time on this, but it captures the spirit of the High Elves perfectly- copy pasted Blood Elves with less hair colors available.
    Funny, since High Elves predate Blood Elves. Blood Elves are just slightly different High Elves

10+ Year Old Account
    But it does affect my immersion if all I saw when I stepped into Stormwind were high elves...the same as it would if I stepped into Orgrimmar and all I saw were Blood Elves...oh wait...>.<

It doesn't make sense that players would be allowed play an unlimited amount of high elves if they were implemented in game.
    Deal with it. Do you know how many "Son of Arthas" and "Netherwing Dragon" RPers I have to see on a daily basis?

Gameplay comes before lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Don't bring fel orcs into this, those would be extra skins for the same race... and yes I would bash those people if I saw that thread... on your second point, I don't like the idea because even if """""""they were former blood elves cleansed from the fel""""""" it'd be just a cloned race and you know that... so tell me what's the point in having a race that looks exactly the same on both factions even if by your logic they are a """""""different"""""""" race??? I mean, look at the pandas... why invest time in creating another race and cities that would look the same as blood elves and silvermoon instead of totally new races/models... but you know, whatever, I'll just go back to my cave and let you post about whatever thing you like even if it's been proved not having any sense... I hope the part where I go to my cave is constructive enough. Later.-
    Okay, while you are now in your cave, relax, don't bust a vein - need a healer? Good.

I have some basics to put down for you...

Re-skin from normal orc to fel orc is 100% the same thing - You have to view the races for the lore/story as well, you can't just expect that suddenly the Fel Orcs appears in Durotar and goes, "Alright, I'm with you... Why are all NPC's saying this is my home?" Even if that was brought to the field, they would still have to appear in a different zone first.

Having selection as one said in the thread on the Elven creation screen between Blood or High Elf would be a smart way, this would end up appearing like pandaren, though maybe they shouldn't have the same classes. But even if you made High Elves with a reskin, you need to start somewhere, they can't just appear out of nowhere on alliance side - face it, the high elven community wouldn't appear on Horde side. It's still not a cloned race, may be a "cloned" model they use, yes. But rest if different, and nothing is saying that their city would be even close to Silvermoon. Building style maybe, but looks and layout, whom knows.

And well, having a race that looks the same on both factions... Hmm... Pandaren is there, and you may see it as waste of time, but logically, the chances of having High Elves as playable has a higher chance than most other races. Though we can never guess if it'll happen - I mean, just look at Pandaren, they were originally ment to appear in TBC but didn't happen. What would you else see? I don't see many other races having higher chance to join the Alliance. The Vrykul do not trust Horde nor Alliance due to the factions killing their king and queen. Jinyu, still a too young appearence for them to be considered. I mean, Horde already has a viable candidate if it would happen, Ogres. Some Ogre clans has been working with the Horde before, could be plausible again. But I don't see much for Alliance, even Naga's would be lower on the list than High Elves.

Or, are you going to take a Mars bar and go recruit a Gnoll?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Deal with it. Do you know how many "Son of Arthas" and "Netherwing Dragon" RPers I have to see on a daily basis?

Gameplay comes before lore.
    Deal with what? You do know that the likelihood of High Elves becoming playable is 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, correct?

And yes, RP on RP servers is bad, most of the pug RP I've see on RP servers is some variation of Gilneas, lord/lady RP and ZA/ZG RP which has a slave element to it. Although there was one RPer I liked who named herself Queen of Lordaeron....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I appreciate other people's effort on this stuff .. but ..

ENOUGH SHIT ELVES.

They ain't gonna come , stop dreaming .

Now about Saya-Jin ... we may need some... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfyMtOVpWAg.
    How do you know ? You're medium ?
    Btw, High-Elves totally deserve to be in the game and are the best candidates for a new alliance race. This, or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    How do you know ? You're medium ?
    Btw, High-Elves totally deserve to be in the game and are the best candidates for a new alliance race.
    This is opinion. You're totally entitled to it, but opinion nonetheless.

This, or nothing.
    This is just wrong as there are so many other races in lore and in game that could be made playable.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Deal with what? You do know that the likelihood of High Elves becoming playable is 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000001%, correct?
    That's a bit low. I'd say more like 30℅ myself.

The race has a presence.
    It has a story.
    The model is already there.
    It is wanted and that desire has persisted.
    There are historical and lore links for the race to be brought in.
    It can be a very cheap option....a new starter zone isn't necessary, the model is there.
    HElfs and BElfs can share the same story and so allow both sides to experience it, making it better value for Blizz to develop it

Against?
    You'd need to make an Alliance race available to the Horde unless HElfs got a truly massive redesign.
    Even then, it'd still come over as cheap.
    BElfs provided the Horde with a pretty race and helped population imbalances
    BElf players might lose some of their sense of 'special'

EJL

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wonderfully well thought out. My only gripe, and its a big one, is they use a recycled BElf model.

Now I know he's just using in game screenshots, but I can't risk Blizz thinking they can release them with a recycled BElf model.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wonderfully well thought out. My only gripe, and its a big one, is they use a recycled BElf model.

Now I know he's just using in game screenshots, but I can't risk Blizz thinking they can release them with a recycled BElf model.
    But... there's no significant physical difference between sin'dorei and quel'dorei save the lightness of their skin and the color of their eyes and those are both in the realm of textures / skins.

Deleted
    How do you make such a page? I want to create my own Race page too

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    But... there's no significant physical difference between sin'dorei and quel'dorei save the lightness of their skin and the color of their eyes and those are both in the realm of textures / skins.
    Blood elves and High elves use some outdated models anyway. They look the same but there can be distinct differences. Eye color hair styles, personalitys, sizes, physical appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Alvanir View Post
    How do you make such a page? I want to create my own Race page too
    Photoshop.

Deleted
    why does everybody keep talking abouyt this :O

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Blood elves and High elves use some outdated models anyway. They look the same but there can be distinct differences. Eye color hair styles, personalitys, sizes, physical appearances
    But that's the thing. Those noticeable physical differences don't exist (as in size and general physiology). It's canon lore that the only significant physical differences are mainly their skin tone and eye color.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSouthUk View Post
    why does everybody keep talking abouyt this :O
    Because people want it to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    But that's the thing. Those noticeable physical differences don't exist (as in size and general physiology). It's canon lore that the only significant physical differences are mainly their skin tone and eye color.
    It would be extremely easy to create new reasons for differences in physical appearance, and the revamping of character models would be the perfect opportunity to create a dichotomy between the two races.

Blood elves: Green eyes, darker hair, ruddier skin, more physically robust as a result of their reconnection with the Sunwell. They also gain the runic tattoos and taboo hairstyles that helped distinguished them from high elves in pre-BC lore.

High elves: Blue eyes, light hair and pale skin, more slight, but clearly still lithe and agile. Their customization options would be more traditional and restrained, such as modest piercings and simple hairstyles.

On top of this, the two races could be given completely different animations and postures, creating two distinct silhouettes.

I mean, I'm not one of those people who desperately wants high elves or ogres to be playable (I'd prefer neutral ethereals), but I definitely think they're the absolute best option for new faction-specific races.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It would be extremely easy to create new reasons for differences in physical appearance, and the revamping of character models would be the perfect opportunity to create a dichotomy between the two races.

Blood elves: Green eyes, darker hair, ruddier skin, more physically robust as a result of their reconnection with the Sunwell. They also gain the runic tattoos and taboo hairstyles that helped distinguished them from high elves in pre-BC lore.

High elves: Blue eyes, light hair and pale skin, more slight, but clearly still lithe and agile. Their customization options would be more traditional and restrained, such as modest piercings and simple hairstyles.

On top of this, the two races could be given completely different animations and postures, creating two distinct silhouettes.

I mean, I'm not one of those people who desperately wants high elves or ogres to be playable (I'd prefer neutral ethereals), but I definitely think they're the absolute best option for new faction-specific races.
    After reading your post I decided to look it up. From http://www.wowwiki.com/Blood_elf#Physical_appearance ...

Blood elves between the Third War and World of Warcraft were physically identical to high elves, save that they dressed primarily in blacks and reds to remind themselves of their terrible losses. Many painted runes or mysterious tattoos on their faces, arms and shoulders for warding off demons or celebrating significant kills or simply to look intimidating — something high elves would never do. As well, they adopted hair styles that went against the norms of high elf society. Nevertheless when approaching Alliance towns blood elves would often disguise themselves as high elves to avoid harm.
    So blood elves *should* be more similar to the DS model of Nozdormu, while high elves have a more "conventional" fantasy appearance:

With the upcoming race revamps, this COULD possibly pave the way for a high elf race if Blood Elf models were modified to be more in line with what their appearance should be, according to the given lore.