Poll: Do you discriminate against players for superficial reasons?

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you discriminate against certain players for superficial reasons?

When you see a certain type of player, be it a certain race and gender combo, class, title, hunter pet, transmog set or something similar to that do you immediately expect certain stereotypes from that player for that reason alone? Personally whenever I see a Night Elf Male I immediately think of a younger player who doesn't know what they are doing and tends to spew filth into whatever chat medium I see them in. Bonus points if they are a Death Knight and have a name like Lïçhkîng.

Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    a Night Elf Male
    That's why it's wrong to play Alliance.

Male Dwarf hunter. Havent met a good one yet =x. Always have pet taunt on/misdirect no existant/low dps/miss pulling
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Every rogue in bloodfang = failure in my experience.

Every warrior in wrathful ^

Female Draenei Warriors are either horrible, or very skilled... NO MIDDLE GROUND!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's just my experience but people playing male blood elves tend to be very chatty. Usually too chatty.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing my fellow ret paladins run around with DBZ hair and GOKUxx make me facepalm.

But... Aren't DBZ fans suppose to be older now too?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I have to confess if your name is in any way sexual, I avoid you like the plague. Funbags or Bluepenis or Sexymomma or Redhotdaddy. Never met a player with a name like that who isn't narcissistic.
    In God we trust...all others we track!

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue and Mage for every reason.

Death Knights. Hate em. I see one and auto think they are bad. This stems from leveling 13-15 toons to 85 / 90. Every time I saw one in outlands, no matter what, they sucked. Sadly, its not better at max level. Duel weilding blood dk's gemming for who knows what. They start out stam stacking, then mastery stacking, then idk what stacking. Either that or they have stoneskin instead of the parry enchant. Dps dk's either have no clue wtf they are doing and usually are doing something vastly wrong. It is Very VERY rare I find a dk with any kind of competence when I do pugs. Just recently had a dk who couldn't manage to tank bats With a friggin misdirect on them on tortos. How any tank can't tank with misdirects on them full time is beyond me.

Oops, meant to click "Yes".

~90%+ of Priests I see use Mind Sear on Single Target. I will never fucking understand what goes on through their heads, but every time I see Mind Sear going off, I'm like "What the fuck is it with Priests...?"
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

No, most of the time I don't even notice what class or race my group members are, and I couldn't care either way. The only reoccuring problem I have with players are Warlocks who use Rain of Fire on a single target, and that's more from the fact that I don't like slackers than the fact that they're Warlocks.

I also seem to notice that Tauren Female Tanks always tend to be very good and have a nice attitude, no idea why.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-06 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    i discriminate against nearly all alliance.

no really though, in pvp i always aim for draenei and humans, male or female i just hate both races, and rogues who use bloodfang transmog.
    and i instantly assume male blood elves are bad players

Female Blood Elves who Transmogrify their gear to look like whores (most of what I see are Paladins or Priests). I've yet to play with someone who isn't a total douche.

Same goes for most Goblin Shamans.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i discriminate against nearly all alliance.

no really though, in pvp i always aim for draenei and humans, male or female i just hate both races, and rogues who use bloodfang transmog.
    and i instantly assume male blood elves are bad players
    I always aim for the Draeneis, but that's mostly because they look and sound the most funny when they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Female Blood Elves who Transmogrify their gear to look like whores (most of what I see are Paladins or Priests). I've yet to play with someone who isn't a total douche.
    Okay, there's an exception. Probably the only kind of people I avoid contact with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Female Draenei Warriors are either horrible, or very skilled... NO MIDDLE GROUND!
    I've noticed that too.. o_O;;

For me, something about orc male shamans and warlocks irritates the hell out of me. Always has. I still don't know why.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    No, most of the time I don't even notice what class or race my group members are, and I couldn't care either way. The only reoccuring problem I have with players are Warlocks who use Rain of Fire on a single target, and that's more from the fact that I don't like slackers than the fact that they're Warlocks.y.
    If they are Destro locks, using RoF for single targer helps build embers for more dps, if they are not destro and are using for single target thet are idiots

Deleted
    Yes.

Male Draenei are abominations that should not exist. Worgen too.

Druid's and Warrior's every time I run into one they are horribly bad, or have this "I am better than thou" attitude. Recently thanks to CRZ and things like LFR and LFD I find that every time I am grouped with someone from the Frostmourne server, they have a wretched attitude, so now when I see someone from that realm I automatically assume they are going to be a prick.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    No, most of the time I don't even notice what class or race my group members are, and I couldn't care either way. The only reoccuring problem I have with players are Warlocks who use Rain of Fire on a single target, and that's more from the fact that I don't like slackers than the fact that they're Warlocks.

I also seem to notice that Tauren Female Tanks always tend to be very good and have a nice attitude, no idea why.
    If the warlock in question is a destro lock, it's actually part of their rotation/to build embers and assist with more DPS. Any other spec, probably a moron.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-04-06 at 09:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    anyone from EU crushridge server, i instantly think is a terrible player. this goes back to Wotlk when everuone from crushridge in LFG was just terrible.

Deleted
    Yeah, hunters are automatically treated with contempt. Same for Priestitute/Frostitute etc. Anybody who uses one of those kill tracker addons in PvP that emote "X is on a hot streak" gets slapped. I used one of those focusing shadow crystals on a rogue on my own team because he had that addon. Try fucking stealthing with a big purple pointer aimed at you, you scrub.