Poll: Do you discriminate against players for superficial reasons?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do.... when their age becomes obvious to me. It's not that I hate the younger generation(because I can acknowledge that I was once there!), I just can't stand the teen gamer personality. (they all act like that friend you have.... you know the one, the one with the kid brother who thinks he's all that and bag of chips)

...it bleeds into the actual game like a plague and infects every server.

Even when I used to play online games on my PS2 and gamecube as a teen I hated gamers my age because they were asses.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-04-08 at 07:25 AM.

Well I play on RP realms and if you're too fucking stupid to show even the tiniest amount of respect and use a RP name on a RP realm then guess what? I'm not buying your auctions. Ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a very bad time with DK male draenei tanks in heroics, all of which had the Jenkins title.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

10+ Year Old Account
    I always question what the person that picked a male Draenei was thinking when they made that character haha. But really, I've had good/bad experiences with pretty much all of the race/gender combos so don't have certain descriptions pinned to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Female Blood Elves who Transmogrify their gear to look like whores (most of what I see are Paladins or Priests). I've yet to play with someone who isn't a total douche.
    I think this is the only major one I can think of. Poor names do annoy me somewhat too. You all know those names...

10+ Year Old Account
    ... I mean not so much the character as the realm their on

Any crazy named person with a bunch of special characters to make their names. Also ones with NPC like names i.e. lichking for a dk

Also anyone who is a known trade troll. Never met one who was good at any part of the game other than being rude in general chat.

For some reason I greatly enjoy killing hunters in PvP (and Rogues) even though I play a hunter myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    (On a normal realm) If I see the (blissfully) rare Worgen running around in the wild, I'll flag and then grief them, steal mobs, fear their mobs, fear other mobs into their aoe until they attack so I can destroy them. Honestly Worgen should be written out of the game. Hey guys, we found a cure for the curse, you're all human now, congrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a blood elf male paladin I don't have a whole lot of credible discrimination to make.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-04-08 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, mostly based on server in which they play.

Yes. I discriminate mostly based on names.

Names like "Artház", "Gokux", "Boôbz" etc.. make me automatically think that you're an immature male teenager who's probably new and/or bad at WoW.

Also, Human Paladins with anime hairstyle make me think of the aforementioned stereotype.

(Which is ironic since my main was a Paladin, but a manly bearded Dwarf, so I still keep my hipster points)
    Signature in progress...

Anybody that plays a male draenei deserves to be executed. Bloodelf hunters are terrible, all shamans are terrible (They're given a self rez because they die so goddamn much.) All mexicans/brazilians(Pretty much anybody south of the US border). BG commanders who have never broken 1100, Female worgens, people who have names relating to their class, people who have names with altcodes in them, people who have 'dark and edgy' names. People who have names that are more than one word. People who say they are a girl IRL. Female dwarfs, taurens. People from low pop realms. People who wear titles they got 3 months after the content was relevant (Like wearing delver of the vaults now.) People from dead servers that wear death's demise, when they didn't kill no lights until 6 months after TOC was out.
    If you are any of the above you are pretty much shit at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Yeah, hunters are automatically treated with contempt. Same for Priestitute/Frostitute etc. Anybody who uses one of those kill tracker addons in PvP that emote "X is on a hot streak" gets slapped. I used one of those focusing shadow crystals on a rogue on my own team because he had that addon. Try fucking stealthing with a big purple pointer aimed at you, you scrub.
    That is so awesome I am almost speechless.

With me, it's people from Mal'Ganis. Every time I'm in LFR and someone is mouthing off, 90% of the time they are from Mal'Ganis. Granted I have met a few that were alright, and even agreed with me about the general mentality on that server. It's like league of legends after a horrible loss in elo hell.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    Anyone that doesnt have a decent transmog set, you have been given the tools to look fabulous and you still look like a mix between 3 tiers of raids or a mix of clown parts from questing.
    I don't 'mog in real life, I'm not doing in game either, damn it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie423 View Post
    That is so awesome I am almost speechless.

With me, it's people from Mal'Ganis. Every time I'm in LFR and someone is mouthing off, 90% of the time they are from Mal'Ganis. Granted I have met a few that were alright, and even agreed with me about the general mentality on that server. It's like league of legends after a horrible loss in elo hell.
    Funny thing is, Mal'ganis is where the good guild from my server migrated to. I guess it also attracts all the bad wanna-bes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elf pallys are tools. All to happy to swoop down and be kind of a jerk but nothing super painful

Undead rogues are the Worst Players In Wow. If you see a special character or some re-spelling of an "edgy" name then this person is a "hardcore" pvper who earnestly believes that griefing is how pvp works and was given the blessing of talent and a hateful, hateful mindset to go along with it.

On the role-play side I avoid worgen and druids like the plague. I have no interest in you bringing some kind of animal shit into an rp..Also I tend to assume that anybody in icc-era gear/titles/mounts are all going to be e-peen stroking kiddys gone afk to try and show off

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 05:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wuat View Post
    Anybody that plays a male draenei deserves to be executed. Bloodelf hunters are terrible, all shamans are terrible (They're given a self rez because they die so goddamn much.) All mexicans/brazilians(Pretty much anybody south of the US border). BG commanders who have never broken 1100, Female worgens, people who have names relating to their class, people who have names with altcodes in them, people who have 'dark and edgy' names. People who have names that are more than one word. People who say they are a girl IRL. Female dwarfs, taurens. People from low pop realms. People who wear titles they got 3 months after the content was relevant (Like wearing delver of the vaults now.) People from dead servers that wear death's demise, when they didn't kill no lights until 6 months after TOC was out.
    If you are any of the above you are pretty much shit at this game.
    You are an undead rogue
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Blood elf pallys are tools. All to happy to swoop down and be kind of a jerk but nothing super painful

Undead rogues are the Worst Players In Wow. If you see a special character or some re-spelling of an "edgy" name then this person is a "hardcore" pvper who earnestly believes that griefing is how pvp works and was given the blessing of talent and a hateful, hateful mindset to go along with it.

On the role-play side I avoid worgen and druids like the plague. I have no interest in you bringing some kind of animal shit into an rp..Also I tend to assume that anybody in icc-era gear/titles/mounts are all going to be e-peen stroking kiddys gone afk to try and show off

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 05:06 PM ----------

You are an undead rogue
    Try again, I'm sure you're a male human warlock with anime hair as a main, and a male draenei hunter alt, though.