Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So with the PTR 5.3 PvP Power changes humans become even more OP for PVP.

Yup...I do think so.

About 1k Extra PvP Power is a lot of PvP Power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    Yup...I do think so.

Yup, they continue to distinct even further with the ilvl increase.

u guys complain too much

Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-06 at 05:53 PM.

Blizz needs to get rid of racial abilitys as they screw up balance but stuff like bonus on enchanting as that Dosent screw up balance.
    When I got my new wepon today O noticed a major damage increase (damage and power)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruntien View Post
    Blizz needs to get rid of racial abilitys as they screw up balance but stuff like bonus on enchanting as that Dosent screw up balance.
    When I got my new wepon today O noticed a major damage increase (damage and power)
    I somewhat agree with that. They need to take a good look at racial (maybe for next xpac) and either remove them or balance them (which would require a lot of changes).

Just remove all racials and make it cosmetic only. human racial and all the orc racials are overpowered in pvp.
    plus horde has the best pve racials which is why ever serious raider is horde for the world firsts, it's getting old :/

Racials should be turned into a 2nd talent system, thereby making the race choice one of personal preference and not "that racial is better for my spec/the current raid" Doing so would also fix the horde advantage in pve, and the amount of humans in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Racials should be turned into a 2nd talent system, thereby making the race choice one of personal preference and not "that racial is better for my spec/the current raid" Doing so would also fix the horde advantage in pve, and the amount of humans in pvp.
    If i undestand correctly, you mean to say that you would be able to pick any racial ? That would be nice actually, then blizz really will realize how crappy some of the racials are, seeing that most likely some racials would never or barely be chosen.

That would defeat the purpose of racial, but it does not matter, just rename it. I would in this case get rid of EMFH, otherwise any pvp player would pick this one, or get rid of pvp trinket.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-04-06 at 12:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman007 View Post
    Yup...I do think so.

So humans will in fact, become MORE human than human
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Forgive my ignorance, but a quick internet search did not clarify what specific changes you're referring to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but a quick internet search did not clarify what specific changes you're referring to.
    They're increasing the value of healing PvP Power for healers, hybrids and some other things..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcow View Post
    They're increasing the value of healing PvP Power for healers, hybrids and some other things..
    They're also increasing battle fatigue from 30% to 50% healing/absorb reduction.

Lets take a 100k heal before battle fatigue and pvp power, with the person having 50% pvp power (hybrid)

Currently that 100k heal (with 30% battle fatigue)would be calculated as: (100*0.7)*(50*0.25)=78.75

In 5.3 (with 50% battle fatigue) that 100k would be calculated as: (100*0.5)*(50*0.75)=68.75
    Even with 60% pvp power, you'll end up healing more in 5.2 than in 5.3.

So in 5.3 hybrid healing would be less than it is now.

This is of course if my calculations are right. My math skills aren't that great
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-04-06 at 01:38 PM.

I suggested making EMFH baseline and giving humans a 10% last stand(just an idea for a replacer) to their pvp tweeter https://twitter.com/holinka
    Didn't get a response though. He did answer my tweet about cross-realm/individual arena and said the changes wouldn't announced on twitter.

Edit: Maybe you guys with play time could suggest this in the in-game suggestion feature?
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-04-06 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcow View Post
    I still don't get it, where is the extra pvp power coming from? and why humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Realitysucks View Post
    I still don't get it, where is the extra pvp power coming from? and why humans?
    Humans get ~5% more pvp power than everyone else because they don't have to use a pvp trinket which frees you from slows and stuff, so they can use a pure damage PvP trinket instead. PvP power will increase healing even more next patch and affect everyone.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I wouldn't say humans become even more OP because they already get that extra PvP power right now in 5.2. But a simple fix to this would be to change the crit on the medallion to PvP power. Humans would still get an extra agi/int/str proc from the DPS trinket, but the damage difference wouldn't be as big.

Someone tweet holinka and tell him to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest they should remove the gain of pvp power on a second dps trinket. or make EMFG baseline for everyone and have trinkets award more pvp power and pvp resil that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Humans get ~5% more pvp power than everyone else because they don't have to use a pvp trinket which frees you from slows and stuff, so they can use a pure damage PvP trinket instead. PvP power will increase healing even more next patch and affect everyone.
    i and probebly realitysucks know that. but where does 1k extra pvp power come from. if it is "extra" in 5.3. it most not be obtinable in 5.2 but there is not. so the extra is alrdy ingame. so he is about a month to late.
    sure the 1k will give a bit extra. healing for most classes in 5.3 but its not that big of the people some people make out of it.
    Last edited by loki504; 2013-04-06 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    If Blizz remove or nerf Every Man for Himself, then everyone will go Horde and there will be no Alliance left.

It's ironic how the tables have turned since vanilla WoW when the Horde had all the best PVP racials. But anyone who thinks the Horde racials are bad now couldn't be more wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i and probebly realitysucks know that. but where does 1k extra pvp power come from. if it is "extra" in 5.3. it most not be obtinable in 5.2 but there is not. so the extra is alrdy ingame. so he is about a month to late.
    sure the 1k will give a bit extra. healing for most classes in 5.3 but its not that big of the people some people make out of it.
    You will get even more from PvP power in 5.3, the healing boost is increased and it applies to everyone, so humans who already had an advantage by having the most PvP power will not only have more damage but more healing too.

Didn't get an answer from Holinka on twitter. I think they need to fix this thing soon, I hate only seeing humans in PvP and I'd rather play a dwarf/gnome/night elf but feel forced to play Human :/ I don't know what to do with horde racials though. Maybe move the focus from blood fury to hardiness(so like 40% stun reduction when activated) and remove blood fury, and maybe rename it blood fury for nostalgia sake. Also remove the dmg thing from undeads and do similiar changes to every race and only allow defensive cooldowns for the non-passive racials.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-04-06 at 03:46 PM.