Poll: Do we need individual loot in LFD?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Question Nothing stops Blizzard from implemeting individual loot in LFD now?

As I know, since 5.3 we will be able to choose any spec for getting loot. And, as I remember, the fact, that players could not get gear for offspec, was the main reason for delaying of individual loot implementation for LFD. So, as this problem is now solved, isn't it time to get rid of obsolete flawed "Need before greed" system?
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    ah gawd, yes. i'm so done with ninja looting ppl.. (especially at the end of a dungeon where they just need it for vendoring or diss'ing)

I was shocked this wasnt added with the change to LFR loot tbh.

Deleted
    The numbers are completely different in a 25-man LFR and a 5-man LFD.

A raid boss typically has what, four drops between 25 people? Most bosses have sufficient items on their loot tables that they cater to 2/3 or more of the entire endgame set of gear possibilities in some way or another. The odds of the specific piece you want dropping are higher, but you're competing with more people.

In a 5-man, each boss generally gives one drop from a table of three to five or so items. You're probably not competing with someone else for primary spec stuff, or competing with one person.

You don't need to change the way it works. There's the chance for people to need on stuff they don't exactly need, but it's that or face failbag after failbag. You've seen the endless threads about LFR Failbags, right?

Everyone having a 25% chance of a useful item drop would make Dungeons more enjoyable. Especially if you can set your prefered loot seperate from your class.

Sometimes no-one would get anything, sometimes everyone would get something. Which is better then what we have now, which is 'half the time the item is worthless, and often the item is fought over or even rolled off-spec against main spec'. Due to the random nature of Looking For X having an automated loot system would be a good change.

As would removing the Luck Of The Draw buff. Early level dungeons are easy enough as it is. They could do with being made more challenging. The remake of Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep are examples of reasonably designed lowbie dungeons - bosses with actual mechanics! Still easy, but its better then every boss being tank and spank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    The numbers are completely different in a 25-man LFR and a 5-man LFD.

A raid boss typically has what, four drops between 25 people? Most bosses have sufficient items on their loot tables that they cater to 2/3 or more of the entire endgame set of gear possibilities in some way or another. The odds of the specific piece you want dropping are higher, but you're competing with more people.

In a 5-man, each boss generally gives one drop from a table of three to five or so items. You're probably not competing with someone else for primary spec stuff, or competing with one person.

You don't need to change the way it works. There's the chance for people to need on stuff they don't exactly need, but it's that or face failbag after failbag. You've seen the endless threads about LFR Failbags, right?
    A raid boss in LFR can supposedly have 25 items for all of the 25 players if the stars align. You are not competing with anyone in LFR as loot is on an individual basis.

What the LFR loot system saves you from is you seeing your wanted item drop and someone needing it for disenchanting/selling or just plain stealing it and then mocking you/taunting you. With the current system you basically have to get lucky two times: you first have to get it to drop and then you have to be lucky to not have someone else in the grp who doesn't respect MS>OS rules while with the LFR system you only have to get lucky once.

The LFR loot bag threads are here now and gone tomorrow as people are getting used to the new loot rules. I've seen plenty more threads about loot thieves that don't give a damn about your role in LFD and your priority towards items that are tailored for your spec.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill