Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I use CM1.1.

So... The rotation of the camera is bound to my mouse and is 100% smooth.

Again, maybe the issue isn't the game
    Yup you are right, which is why you can find threads all over the internet when it comes to GW2 sluggishness but nothing about WoW? guess you just decided to skip that point and try a personal attack instead.

Why is it that a game that has been out for 9 years has no posts about sluggishness, but a game that has been out for 1 year has many many threads? Clearly its not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Yup you are right, which is why you can find threads all over the internet when it comes to GW2 sluggishness but nothing about WoW? guess you just decided to skip that point and try a personal attack instead.

Why is it that a game that has been out for 9 years has no posts about sluggishness, but a game that has been out for 1 year has many many threads? Clearly its not just me.
    Yup. People have been condition to that 1 game for many years and have difficulty adjusting to new games and thus QQ about them.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Not really.

WoW was and will be the weird one out of the bunch.

MMO's arent a "famous" genre because of the image they give and playstyle, they arent and will never be a "Casual game genre". The amount of people that have the mentality of "I wanna play a game and get doing other things" is much larger than the MMO fans.

Thats why WoW is the weird one out of the bunch, it managed to have an insane player pool and maintain it which is the important part, something no RPG, MMO or not can do, they can have a lot of sales, but the player count drops quickly.

MMO's are still viewed as nerdy no-life games and newer generations are moving away from them even more than before, 8 years ago most people didnt even know MMO's existed, 6 years ago every one new what WoW was therefor the MMO genre became more famous but the mentality didnt change..it got even worst cause simply WoW is a nerdy no-life game, maybe not so much now as it was back then of course.

The average joe played the game, saw how hard and time consuming it was compared to console games or FPS games or hell even Dota back then and simply has a bad opinion about it no matter how casual Blizzard tries to make it.
    i really think most people have moved away from thinking its no life.... well apart from some teens and kids with bad self confidence

10+ Year Old Account
    My son, no king rules forever. Only death is eternal.

I'm of the opinion that it'll gradually fall into disuse. Something else will overtake it, but it'll take a long time to die. It'll go the way of Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    When a new MMO comes along and does what WoW does, but actually does it better, like really, in reality, literally better, not just perceived to be better by a bunch of bitter, butthurt fan boys, it will be left behind like every other MMO that has been crap. The problem is, no one is attempting to develop something that could meet this. Every MMO has been playing the same and feeling the same since before even WoW came out. WoW isn't original, but it is one of the most accessible MMO's that is aesthetically pleasing to a wide range of people, which caused anyone who had an interest in MMO's to, at the very least, try playing WoW. Now, it's basically the industry standard.

Now every new MMO is just trying to copy WoW. But they always fail because they produce a sub-par product compared to whats already available. They always focus on something small and stupid, like voice acting, "real-time combat" or "social interactions" instead of putting some real polish and effort into the entirety of their game. That practice is terrible for this line of games. It's promoting laziness and mediocrity in favor of attempted profit at the expense of actual innovation. People feed right into it too with their "OMG LOOK IT'S A NEW MMO THAT ISN'T CALLED WORLD OF WARCRAFT, GIVE ME THE DELUXE SUPER DUPER COLLECTOR'S EDITION WITH 5 YEARS PLAY TIME EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE GAME IS LIKE AT ALL AND WILL BE SORELY DISAPPOINTED WHEN IT TURNS OUT TO BE A PIECE OF CRAP" knee-jerk reactions.

As long as that keeps happening, there is no incentive for developers to try to break the mold. The ones that do, and do it well, will reap the rewards of being crowned the new MMO king.

Deleted
    Yup. People have been condition to that 1 game for many years and have difficulty adjusting to new games and thus QQ about them.
    That would make sense if people reacted the same way when WoW was released. Regardless, they didn't - quite the opposite in-fact, it was praised for its responsiveness.

That would make sense if people reacted the same way when WoW was released. Regardless, they didn't - quite the opposite in-fact, it was praised for its responsiveness.
    I recall it being shit on by EQ players for constant server crashes for the first 6 months of launch, loot lag / that's not your loot, account authentication errors, ect ect ect.

Also, positional attacks being "unresponsive" like back stab.

and lets not forget "vanish bug"

People did react the same way when WoW released. It's just that WoW brought new people to the MMO genre, while other MMOs since then didn't, they just tried to take WoWs.

Deleted
    I recall it being shit on by EQ players for constant server crashes for the first 6 months of launch, loot lag / that's not your loot, account authentication errors, ect ect ect.

Also, positional attacks being "unresponsive" like back stab.

and lets not forget "vanish bug"
    Still not what I am talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    People did react the same way when WoW released. It's just that WoW brought new people to the MMO genre, while other MMOs since then didn't, they just tried to take WoWs.
    They are still trying this with out improving anything.

Still not what I am talking about.
    You aren't talking about anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Main reasons people keep playing would be something like:

- haven't been anything better.
    - might have been something better, but been playing wow so long switching now would seem like time wasted in wow / not wanting to start over.
    - not wanting to leave friends in game/friends don't want to leave wow.
    - due to amount of people not switching over even if the other game was "better" it didn't feel better or actually lacking something at the end.

Personally it would be time spend in wow. But mop has been the proverbial straw so ending it with garrosh.

There will be some game "defeating" wow, but I honestly just hope people stop playing mmo games more
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    You aren't talking about anything.
    I very much am, its not my fault if you don't understand. You decided to question my opinion so you obviously understood what I was saying.

If you are having problems with WoW though, maybe the issue isn't the game

Quote Originally Posted by Calin View Post
    They are still trying this with out improving anything.
    There are games that do better job than WoW in certain (if not most) aspects. Don't forget that one of the major factors why Blizzard still has the most popular MMO on the market is that they are taking important aspects of other games (sometimes even rip them off) and successfully implement them into WoW.

I very much am
    No. You really aren't.

This "WoW is the most responsive. It's a fact." nonsense is just code for "it's not like wow".
    WoW is responsive (nowadays) but it isn't alone in that. There are many games just as responsive if you know how to play them. Complaining about camera angles is just your way of saying you don't know how to fix it.

Deleted
    No. You really aren't.

This "WoW is the most responsive. It's a fact." nonsense is just code for "it's not like wow".
    WoW is responsive (nowadays) but it isn't alone in that. There are many games just as responsive if you know how to play them. Complaining about camera angles is just your way of saying you don't know how to fix it.
    Camera angles is also not what I am talking about. Look if you are only here to argue and don't want to discuss then just don't bother man. You clearly just want to argue with someone and I'm not going to be that someone

Have fun in your dream world.

Camera angles is also not what I am talking about.
    The camera FOV and and forced cinematic smoothing makes it feel sluggish.
    Complaining about camera field of view.

Is just your way of saying you don't know how to adapt or fix it.

WoW is pretty responsive, that's about the only good thing about the game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Someday there will be a Windows OS that won't support WoW's engine. On that day, the game will die. But not before then... unless Blizzard pulls the plug. But considering EQ is still going and it's older than WoW, I don't think we'll see the end of it anytime soon.
    Windows OS that won't support WoW's engine? What nonsense is this? WoW's engine has been constantly updated/developed each expansion pack. It's already updated to 64bit and supports dx11. The same cannot be said for many other mmo's or even some AAA titles released.

Deleted
    When the Second Coming happens, Jesus will incarnate as a game designer and make an MMO that will kill WoW.