Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There already is one. It's called World of Warcraft. It's pretty good /jk
    WoW (or Blizzard) is the only thing that can kill WoW. It's been around for too long now to just fall out of balance b/c of 1 new game.
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-04-06 at 05:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    There is no battle between WoW and other games, many have quit WoW since it's no longer fun and other MMO's have filled that gap. Wildstar will surely grab many WoW players attention.
    Never even heard of Wildstar.

Deleted
    I suspect mariobross online could be a serious threath to wow.

The only thing that can kill wow, is time. But Wow, as far as (non free) mmorpg goes is probably going to set a record in term of longevity that is going to be very hard to beat.
    Last edited by mmoc29a7c2362f; 2013-04-06 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snore View Post
    Never even heard of Wildstar.
    It's not even in Beta yet.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I used to thinks so, but now I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipzett View Post
    well that sucks, but if they continue like they do now, they will kill it in a year or so..

But there is peeps like me that wants a MMORPG thats Balanced and still fun on many ways, GW2 had the chance, but they failed..
    They didn't have a chance, rofl.. you fanboys just made others not even want to try it.

We're opening this thread back up, but please keep the game vs. game stuff out of the conversation.

Why does there need to be one? This isn't a sports competition.

"Defeat", How do you defeat a game other than by playing it? lol Do we get an MMORPG to play an MMORPG? The World... of World of Warcraft?

What a stupid nonsensical question. Games are released as a form of independent media like, a film, or a movie.

Do we say "Will there ever be a film that defeats Titanic?"

No. Why do some people do it with games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    There is no battle between WoW and other games, many have quit WoW since it's no longer fun TO THEM and other MMO's have filled that gap. Wildstar will surely grab many WoW players attention but one has to consider what was being said about GW2 on that matter.
    Fix'd.

And as for the topic at hand, I think it's either a personal question, or one based upon WoW's longevity and popularity.

Personal opinion: No. I have never tried to find a replacement since I love WoW with all my heart, but NONE of the other mmorpgs have even come close to WoW's feel and gameplay and unique world. Whenever I try another game, I miss the toon control of WoW, the unique art style, the feel of "history" within the game, all the features except for the daze effect...I just love it and I'm not alone, no matter how many quit because they get bored or emo about it, there will always be a couple millions as dedicated as me.

Based upon longevity: Time will tell, but I doubt it. It's closing in on 9 years and they have 2 more expansions AT LEAST planned. They've really stepped it up when it comes to delivering content, and they are putting so much effort into it that I'm in awe. I was sure the faster content would mean less or worse, but especially 5.2 has me so entertained that I feel that 5.3 might be coming too fast <.<.

Honestly, if games like EverQuest and Anarchy Online are still going strong with respectable-sized playerbases, WoW will probably last another 5-6 years with a sub easily. I'd say most WoW players now are not like the MMO players of old, where we would try every new MMO that came out to see how we liked it. Most WoW players play WoW because they have no interest in other MMOs; they play because that's where their time is invested, that's where their friends are playing, that's where they're comfortable, and that's where they're likely to stay.

No there will never be a game that defeats/kills WoW. I do hope that someday some Mmo(non f2p) beats the 12 million mark tho.

Metzen said that WoW is just beginning so I don't know what delusions you have about it dying in an year. I doubt it will go down any time soon as new players join all the time while others leave, with the latter being older, thus lowering the average age of players playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow wont die or be defeated anytime soon =P dont worry

I love both WoW and TOR. TOR had a MASSIVE stumble a month out of the gate, but WoW wasn't so hot at launch either. I love them both because
    WoW: My Fantasy MMO
    TOR: My Sci-Fi MMO

I really wouldn't be surprised if WoW is still up a decade from now. There are just way too many players for that game to ever go away.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be eventualy, but likely not in the comming years.

Deleted
    dont know dont care

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will likely eventually lose market share and there may be other MMOs that are more popular then WoW at the time, but nothing will ever be as big as WoW was at it's peak. The market is just too saturated now and the play base is too divided. I highly doubt there will ever be another 10+ million subscriber pay to play MMO.

Will there ever be an end to threads with this WoW vs every other game in the world theme?