Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    that new boss onndasta or whatever his name is, when me and my mates made an effort to form a raid grpup-three full raid groups with 40 ppl in each of them, the ammount of deaths that occured, at the end we only got 28g and a 250g repair bill

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    There's a few issues with them compared to WotLK. They're gated behind dailies for one thing. For another different slots are gated behind different dailies. It's all just really obnoxious.

PUGGING in WotLK was about as easy as LFR is now but with more coordinated raid groups due to having raid leaders. Loot was dropped and distributed in such a way that I never really had to wait months on end for a weapon upgrade like I'm having to do now. I don't know how the probability was different back then but it just seemed to...work.
    Because loot fell at the same rate roughly per person, but was handed out where it could be used instead of being done blindly. LFR loot hands loot out at the old 16% chance per person but with no intelligence behind where it goes. The longer a LFR tier is out the higher % of the loot goes to waste as duplicates or not upgrades and since the rate of drop is the same as for raids where people decide where to put it, the effective rate is much much much lower.

It's not particularly hard to recognize that intelligent distribution and blind distribution need vastly different loot rates because of this and more than likely Blizzard did see it and decided they could get away with it. And given the vast number of RNG worshipers out there who don't think things through even a little, they did for way too long.

Saying "RNG is RNG" is gibberish people. Yes, luck is luck - but it doesn't mean that luck is the best way to distribute loot - it's just the most expedient for Blizzard because it drags the gearing process out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having another player who already has the item equipped, gemmed, and enchanted win the item via old /roll system and gleefully announce it is getting vendored.
    "Brevity is...wit"

It really doesn't bug me to not get loot from LFR or any raid/dungeon in general but then again I'm the type that doesn't mind doing dailies so I get my valors and get an item anyhow just at different paces, plus there's always enchanting for the double up drops when I manage to get them.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting 26g

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Getting absolutely nothing;

Oh. Like Normal/Heroics and pre-free loot coins.

Getting the same loot 3 times.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

I like how a lot of people are complaining about a function that Blizzard has been quite vocal about fixing. I imagine you guys will still complain after it's been fixed.

"random loot sucks!"
    "we're putting in loot-protection so you won't have to worry about streaks of bad-luck"
    "random loot sucks!"
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgetting you've already killed this boss after using a coin, and getting nothing. Granted, I did that a patch ago so maybe they fixed it.

There's a few issues with them compared to WotLK. They're gated behind dailies for one thing. For another different slots are gated behind different dailies. It's all just really obnoxious.

PUGGING in WotLK was about as easy as LFR is now but with more coordinated raid groups due to having raid leaders. Loot was dropped and distributed in such a way that I never really had to wait months on end for a weapon upgrade like I'm having to do now. I don't know how the probability was different back then but it just seemed to...work.
    T15 Valor gear isn't really gated at all. It's a raid rep, and you get it pretty quickly...much quicker than you could ever actually acquire the valor to purchase every item. There are 0 dailies involved. And every piece comes from the same vendor for the same raid rep.

Do you even play the game?

---------- Post added 2013-04-06 at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    Forgetting you've already killed this boss after using a coin, and getting nothing. Granted, I did that a patch ago so maybe they fixed it.
    You can redo bosses as many times as you want with bonus coin rolls and get loot. You just won't get the standard normal roll.

Enchanter.
    Queue for LFR, 20 elder charms from Thunder king run.
    Roll on every boss.
    Get like 6 items per run.
    DE and sell crystals.

LFR is great.

Watching the other mage (who joined only for the last boss, did everything wrong and died almost instantly) win my trinket when it finally drops and I get nothing... y'know, how it USED to work back in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seeing any loot drop at all. At least in the old days you got to see what dropped and grats the guy lucky enough to win the item. Did the first Thunder LFR today, just to see it, huge waste of time. Nothing dropped, and its a bunch of stupid ass trolls just like ZG. It's better then more pandas and oil monsters, but still. Worst pve expansion yet.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

What's worse than getting 28g in LFR?

Getting 28g and your 43rd Sigil of Power instead of your 6th Sigil of Wisdom.

Dear blizzard,

Please fix lfr, so that bosses scan our gear and drop exactly what we need.

That way in 2 weeks, when there's no reason to run lfr anymore, we can sit and complain about long queue times.

Sincerely,
    the community.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Because loot fell at the same rate roughly per person, but was handed out where it could be used instead of being done blindly. LFR loot hands loot out at the old 16% chance per person but with no intelligence behind where it goes. The longer a LFR tier is out the higher % of the loot goes to waste as duplicates or not upgrades and since the rate of drop is the same as for raids where people decide where to put it, the effective rate is much much much lower.

It's not particularly hard to recognize that intelligent distribution and blind distribution need vastly different loot rates because of this and more than likely Blizzard did see it and decided they could get away with it. And given the vast number of RNG worshipers out there who don't think things through even a little, they did for way too long.

Saying "RNG is RNG" is gibberish people. Yes, luck is luck - but it doesn't mean that luck is the best way to distribute loot - it's just the most expedient for Blizzard because it drags the gearing process out.
    blizzard justified it with "everyone rolls need even when they dont actually need it anyway" nonsense. And of course new LFR doesnt really encourage guildies to que together (which old system did, even if we ignore sharing the loot between players) as there are no benefits or odds in your guilds favor.

But its sad, when 10 people have to carry 15 noobs through durumu, because apparently not crossing the disintegration beam is too hard, only to give the first dead people loot and the carrys gold.

Well atleast hunter is somewhat lucky (not with any weapon tho, still using 471 upgraded blue, even after like 40 runs, some just for coin roll, on lei shi), or more of "at the expected droprate", while shaman is sitting, including coins, at whooping 3% droprate since 5.2 came out.

just give me a damn weapon so i can catch up with my hunter without resorting to endless hours of queues for ToES LFR every week. was it really a problem to give the daily rep on Isle 489 weapons for 2k valor at exalted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Is when you get an item that you wont ever use and it vendors for less than 28g. That's my story in LFR and normal TOT so far.
    Whats worse than getting 28g from LFR? Not getting a damn thing at all, not even gold. That is worse.
    Whats worse than getting 28g from LFR, the litany of QQ threads about getting 28g from LFR bosses, That is worse.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

As a Fury Warrior having 1 awesome 2-hander and 1 awesome 1-hander, but the off-hand weapon is always shit. A good example is Elegon, winning 1 two-hand sword and 1 one-hand axe, but you can't use both because it sucks, so you're stuck with some bullshit heroic dungeon off-hand weapon no matter what you do.

Sometimes, winning a good item can feel so bad.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-04-06 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand RNG is RNG but there comes a point where you really SHOULD be getting loot one way or another. WotLK did it right to where valor allowed you to get confirmed pieces of loot for any slot once you'd spent quite a bit of time. Now you don't even have that option and are forced to wait on drops.

P.S. Haters gonna hate. OW! Haters gonna hate. OW!
    um... what? Wait, you dont get valor from LFR anymore? and you cant use that valor to buy 522 stuff? When did they take that out?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Getting 28g when you charm is a heroic boss is worse than 28g in LFR. Did i win?