Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    When you have a repair bill of nearly 200g thanks to Durumu the Forgotten and Primodius

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    I allready now see people plainly dying, take combat-res just to die as fast as possible, to avoid having to work at all.
    I guess it's impossible to avoid a leecher if they want to leech.
    Then I get kicked after waiting twice for ToT#3, because I couldn't accept my rez due to a rez timer of 20 seconds. So I clicked not ready on the ready check.

Punishing people just because people ask them to be punished is a bigger problem than no loot.

Guarantee it - next LFR pick a random person - dps, healer or tank and say in raid "Kick X - afk", they get removed no trial, no chance to do anything to save the last couple of hours of effort.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2013-04-08 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draahl View Post
    Getting nothing cause your dip**** group cant heal you when you are kiting on Garalon so you die after about 20 sec and have done minimal damage and that way get no loot what so ever but get saved on the boss anyway. Thats worse :P
    What damage you did and how long you live don't have anything to do with if you get loot or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    People complaining about not getting loot in LFR is much worse then not getting loot.
    Amen to that!

I think it would be very interesting to see Blizzard implement the LFR loot system to Normal and Heroic raids, as well as dungeons/heroics. Then lets see how many people are "Really" ok with RNG. Ive been playing this game since the earliest days of Vanilla, never let my sub lapse. I have raided on all levels from server first raids to social raiding and everything in between. I assure you at no point in time or level of difficulty in this game has loot been rarer to come by. I can guarantee anyone that very few put more effort and time into this game then I, the amount of NO luck across 11 toons shows that this is not just a case of bad RNG anymore, its much worse.

The fact that you see TONS of individuals complaining shows the majority are not being rewarded for the Time and Effort put into the game. To those who are saying stop bitching....YOU need to stop going from one extreme to the other. I think most of us are reasonable people and are fine with not getting loot ALL the time, we a more balanced system. Saying we are entitled babies because we dont see loot after MONTHS of endless grinding....is complete bullshit. The valor argument doesn't apply either, only so many slots you can fill and no Tier.

Lets be honest you so called Raiders, just because your doing the same content with an additional mechanic or two, with the bosses amped up on steroids does not make you more of a raider then those doing it only in LFR. LFR easier? absolutely but on paper it is still a raid, working with other people to to tackle the content. So stop treating LFR raiders as second class and any issue they have is nothing more then whining. At the end of the day The put as much time into the game if not more (people such as myself) then you do. So why shouldn't they be rewarded for the Time they put into the game?

Lastly, just because RNG has been the way this whole time does not make it a good system. Never has been and never will be a good system. I don't buy it they aren't in it for the loot. You take away the loot, and this game dies quickly. No reason to continue raiding after the first clear, as you have already seen and beat the content.

My favorite example of the shitty RNG system....You work 80 hours then you roll the dice to see if you get your paycheck, damn! no paycheck o. well here's an apple for a snack today. Be happy you got that apple and better luck next pay day! Yuuup show me where there would not be riots if that took place.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkelle View Post
    Getting my face eaten by crows.
    Damn hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Getting 28g when you charm is a heroic boss is worse than 28g in LFR. Did i win?
    i guess
    He got a toxic dose of blight back in the day, and now he's deaf, blind, and mostly numb.

What is worse than getting 28 gold from LFR?

Being forced to run it in the first place because LFR has dried up the recruit pool.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    People complaining about not getting loot in LFR is much worse then not getting loot.
    people pretending that when they raid they are just there for the LOL's and loot does not matter at all makes me want to punch a baby.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting the same pair of pants three weeks in a row off Sha with coin roll >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    people pretending that when they raid they are just there for the LOL's and loot does not matter at all makes me want to punch a baby.

right. if you want loot then do a real raid.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Loot was dropped and distributed in such a way that I never really had to wait months on end for a weapon upgrade like I'm having to do now.
    Man, you were fortunate. Our raid group was clearing all of ICC at the end of Wrath and it took almost 2 months before I got a weapon better than the one I had from previous content.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    When you have a repair bill of nearly 200g thanks to Durumu the Forgotten and Primodius
    People are wiping on primordius? I had not experienced that . . . It's rediculously simple on rf, kill enough adds to get mutated, blow up the boss, win.

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Man, you were fortunate. Our raid group was clearing all of ICC at the end of Wrath and it took almost 2 months before I got a weapon better than the one I had from previous content.
    I'm pretty sure that actually qualifies you as extraordinarily unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    The fact that you see TONS of individuals complaining shows the majority are not being rewarded for the Time and Effort put into the game. To those who are saying stop bitching....YOU need to stop going from one extreme to the other. I think most of us are reasonable people and are fine with not getting loot ALL the time, we a more balanced system. Saying we are entitled babies because we dont see loot after MONTHS of endless grinding....is complete bullshit. The valor argument doesn't apply either, only so many slots you can fill and no Tier.

Lastly, just because RNG has been the way this whole time does not make it a good system. Never has been and never will be a good system. I don't buy it they aren't in it for the loot. You take away the loot, and this game dies quickly. No reason to continue raiding after the first clear, as you have already seen and beat the content.
    Valid points. However, what is the alternative? The system may not be perfect but it is the way it is to address the loot issues encountered from the first LFR in Cata. Back then, people were complaining about others who were already had the item rolling on the same the item and then either trade it for others or used for disenchanting. People just rolled need whether they needed item or not. The forums were full of people complaining about that system. So now, this is system is suppose to be fairer. Is it? Only Blizzards knows since they most likely have the correct statistics of how items were dropped for the players. Some have benefited from the change, some have not.

In the end, in my opinion, gear is just gear. It gets replaced all the time. So why cry over something that will be replaced? And yes, I have been through raid tiers without ever upgrading certain pieces because Lady Luck did not think I deserved it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that actually qualifies you as extraordinarily unfortunate.
    Perhaps, but when you consider that the drop chance of the item I got was 28%, the boss could only be attempted once a week, and I was competing against two other guildies the odds of me personally getting it was fairly low on any week. That means quite a few weeks (on average) before I see a specific item no matter how you slice it.

I'm still convinced that if you do the math (even factoring in that your odds improve every time it drops and you don't win if you run with a consistent group) you'd be just as likely to find people who haven't gotten gear in a regular raid team after a certain amount of attempts as you would in LFR. The difference is a raid guild sees the gear going to someone in the team and still considers the drops a good thing, where in LFR it's bad unless *I* get something.

Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Perhaps, but when you consider that the drop chance of the item I got was 28%, the boss could only be attempted once a week, and I was competing against two other guildies the odds of me personally getting it was fairly low on any week. That means quite a few weeks (on average) before I see a specific item no matter how you slice it.

I'm still convinced that if you do the math (even factoring in that your odds improve every time it drops and you don't win if you run with a consistent group) you'd be just as likely to find people who haven't gotten gear in a regular raid team after a certain amount of attempts as you would in LFR. The difference is a raid guild sees the gear going to someone in the team and still considers the drops a good thing, where in LFR it's bad unless *I* get something.
    28% divided 3 is roughly 9% - which is about 65 to 70% of the chance you'd have had under LFR. Except that 2/3rds of that miss chance, you saw the item go a guildmate, which is vastly preferable to seeing gold, gold, gold.

LFR is normalized around 25 man raid fall rate, but has no intelligence behind it. Imagine that if in your raid, instead of the weapon you wanted falling 3 times and going to 3 separate people, you were forced to roll amongst all 3 people every time and the same guy won it every time.

THAT is the difference between LFR loot and normal raid loot. Blind stupidity on the part of the loot system and NO increase in the rate to compensate for the fact that the system wastes loot at a huge rate.

Even in old LFR at double the current tier LFR drop rate, loot is very hit or miss and a ton of it is going where it isn't needed so that people aren't feeling rewarded for their time.

Blizzard is in a full blown panic over people running out of things to do right now and they are giving no consideration to the fact that people don't just want things to do, they want to be rewarded for their time and effort. LFR loot as it is right now, is about the poorest return on effort in the game and after hitting honored this week, I plan on hitting an occasional boss with a weapon and not setting foot in it and hopefully a lot of people will be smart enough to join me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    Gettin' bracers with only 1 secondary stat
    1.5 values + a gem slot. Ends up being the same amount of stats, except you can get lucky and get your best stat.

OT: People thinking they're special for not getting loot.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    28% divided 3 is roughly 9% - which is about 65 to 70% of the chance you'd have had under LFR. Except that 2/3rds of that miss chance, you saw the item go a guildmate, which is vastly preferable to seeing gold, gold, gold.
    Exactly my point. After two months (8 weeks) at a 28% of one of 3 people getting it you have ~53% chance of not having that specific item. Meaning over half the people in that situation wouldn't have that specific item after 2 months. Factoring in the other people getting it when it comes up and assuming you're not with any PuG members that might want it, you're looking at a better chance to have it after two months, but it's still not a forgone conclusion.

I think this system is just showing people how absolutely terrible the odds of getting upgrades in this game have always been (they were much worse still in Classic with 40 people rolling on a few pieces per boss). You're not supposed to have most of what you want after a month. You're not even supposed to have everything you want after two months. They try to make the content last as long as it can, and it takes them about 3 months to get the next batch out (sometimes longer). It's "working as intended".

Now to whether I agree with that design philosophy, I think there needs to be a better balance than there has been up to this point. I'd like to see gear be more of a "sure thing" once the content that drops it is old. That way people aren't stuck repeating content that wouldn't be the "end of the road" for them even if they could do everything once and move on. It makes gearing alts and late-to-expansion characters less painful, while still keeping the content relevant (and relevant for people in the right level of gear instead of people in 3rd tier raid gear farming 5 man heroics designed for dungeon blues).

However, at the most recent tier? Let it be an exercise in repetition. As much as people get frustrated they come back when they don't get what they want. If everyone got what they wanted the first time they did everything this game would be dead in a few months.