Help with 5.2 Arms Priority/Rotation

I desperately need some help on my DIPUS!!

My priority follows something like this...

Reck/BB/SkullBanner/Enrage/DR/Trinket(skullrender)

Charge
    MS
    CS
    OP
    OP
    Wait for CS to Come off CD
    CS
    OP
    OP

Now... If i can pull off 4 slams in a CS windows, I will. Otherwise OP>Slam
    During execute I kinda neglect OP but I try to use it as well.

I have my CDS macroed together. If you could point out which CDs I want macroed together thatd help too. I have 2 seperate macros given the 2 different sets of cds on macros. One is for my 1min cds and one is for my 1.5 min cds (my 4 pc is sicktight)

Also, when should I replace my 4set? I have a few off-pieces of 502 from LFR but I dont want to break my 4 pc on my t14 i like it too much

I rarely use HS unless during my 4 slams I can get away with popping 1 or 2 HSs in the CS window.

My DPS starts out swell...usually 150k+

By the end of the fight I'm lucky to be pushing 80k

Ill post some logs next raid but here's an idea of my main ability uses

This was from Margera LFR
    1. Overpower 110 16.6%
    2. Mortal Strike 68 14.0%
    3. Melee 144 13.3%
    4. Deep Wounds (DoT) 153 11.7%
    5. Execute 21 10.9%
    6. Opportunity Strike 168 8.4%
    7. Slam 26 6.8%

Honestly I use to only use slam and my Dipus was higher than it is now. I saw some Arms warriors in LFR and their numbers were with OP on top of their dmg lists so I've been playing with the two lately. Thoughts? Also, if there are any glaring issues with my gear, do tell please.

Name: Kaloras
    Server: Cho Gall
    Faction: Horde
    Sex: Yes please!
    Last edited by Karben; 2013-04-06 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Icy-Veins.com:

Use Mortal Strike on cooldown.
    Use Colossus Smash
    If the Colossus Smash debuff is not active, or if it has less than 1.5 seconds remaining on the target.
    Use Heroic Strike (remember that it is not on the global cooldown).
    If the debuff applied by Colossus Smash is active and you have 70 or more rage OR
    If you cannot use Execute (the target is above 20% health) and you have 85 or more rage.
    Use Execute
    If the target is below 20% health (it is not available otherwise) AND
    If the debuff applied by Colossus Smash is active.
    Use abilities that cost no rage, such as your tier 4 talents or Impending Victory.
    Use Execute.
    Use Slam
    If you cannot use Execute (the target is above 20% health) AND
    If you have 90 or more rage.
    Use Overpower (remember that it is free of rage cost for 10 seconds after using Execute).
    Use Slam
    If you have 40 or more rage.
    Use Battle Shout or Commanding Shout (depending on which of the two you have chosen to provide for your raid) in order to generate rage when nothing else is available (only if you have less than 85 rage).

Deleted
    I think you need to OP less and Slam more.. You should Slam over OP if CS debuff is up or you have 80+ rage i think. Also i think you missed a MS in your rotation there, you should do MS + 3 skills + MS + 3 skills and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Frad View Post
    From Icy-Veins.com:

Use Mortal Strike on cooldown.
    Use Colossus Smash
    If the Colossus Smash debuff is not active, or if it has less than 1.5 seconds remaining on the target.
    Use Heroic Strike (remember that it is not on the global cooldown).
    If the debuff applied by Colossus Smash is active and you have 70 or more rage OR
    If you cannot use Execute (the target is above 20% health) and you have 85 or more rage.
    Use Execute
    If the target is below 20% health (it is not available otherwise) AND
    If the debuff applied by Colossus Smash is active.
    Use abilities that cost no rage, such as your tier 4 talents or Impending Victory.
    Use Execute.
    Use Slam
    If you have 90 or more rage.
    Use Overpower (remember that it is free of rage cost for 10 seconds after using Execute).
    Use Slam
    If you have 40 or more rage.
    Use Battle Shout or Commanding Shout (depending on which of the two you have chosen to provide for your raid) in order to generate rage when nothing else is available (only if you have less than 85 rage).
    I really feel those don't help me too much. I've been simming myself and looking at what my sim guy is doing. Icy-veins and noxxic are good and all if you're just starting out or have a quick question. But cool-downs and using abilities is more an on the spot that memorizing a set wall of text about a generalized interpretation of MY character.

Edit: Frad, beleedat I know how to iv and noxxic my toon. AMR as well. Simming imo is better than all those sites combined. A for effort
    Last edited by Karben; 2013-04-06 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karben View Post
    I desperately need some help on my DIPUS!!

My priority follows something like this...

Reck/BB/SkullBanner/Enrage/DR/Trinket(skullrender)
    Skullrender Trinket/Reck don't work well with Dragon Roar since it's automatically a crit.

Charge
    MS
    CS
    OP
    OP
    Wait for CS to Come off CD
    CS
    OP
    OP
    You should be using MS on cd since it deals good damage (especially if you have 2 set tier 14) and it generates rage/Enrage.

Now... If i can pull off 4 slams in a CS windows, I will. Otherwise OP>Slam
    No bueno. Once again on the MS topic, you can only fit in 3 1.5sec gcds between MS, so assuming you did MS->CS-> you could get two Slams then into another MS into another slam. However, since OP reduces MS cd as well as has a higher chance to crit (and unless you are dropping a t15 4set bonus Banner ontop of your Reck) making it more optimal to Overpower than Slam for the first two, which also grants you another 1 second of CS debuff which you can optimize by laying into another Slam before the debuff falls off, or CS if SD procs generously.

During execute I kinda neglect OP but I try to use it as well.
    A lot gets taken into accounts. When you have buffs/trinkets/procs/etc, you want to be using execute. When CS debuff is up, you want to be executing. You always want to be MSing still for the previously mentioned reasons. If you are low on rage or cs isn't up for 5 seconds and you want to pool rage cuz trinket should be proccing soon, or whatever reason, then you want to weave in those free overpowers (Sudden Execute buff maintained) to do so.

I have my CDS macroed together. If you could point out which CDs I want macroed together thatd help too. I have 2 seperate macros given the 2 different sets of cds on macros. One is for my 1min cds and one is for my 1.5 min cds (my 4 pc is sicktight)

Also, when should I replace my 4set? I have a few off-pieces of 502 from LFR but I dont want to break my 4 pc on my t14 i like it too much
    You'd have to sim this yourself, but it depends on what you have. I could only drop 4 piece for a dps gain once i had 2 piece t15, however my gear was also double upgraded heroic glove/pants to 522 normal counter part.

I rarely use HS unless during my 4 slams I can get away with popping 1 or 2 HSs in the CS window.
    You probably won't see that much more HS if you fix the 4 slam rotation, but you'll get like 1 or so Heroic Strikes during your cd-ed CS's.

My DPS starts out swell...usually 150k+

By the end of the fight I'm lucky to be pushing 80k

Ill post some logs next raid but here's an idea of my main ability uses

This was from Margera LFR
    1. Overpower 110 16.6%
    2. Mortal Strike 68 14.0%
    3. Melee 144 13.3%
    4. Deep Wounds (DoT) 153 11.7%
    5. Execute 21 10.9%
    6. Opportunity Strike 168 8.4%
    7. Slam 26 6.8%
    I usually start/float around 150k depending on SD rng and drop to 100k if I'm stuck waiting on CS's. But my Values are a bit different. *using a shorter fight, so numbers are gonna be a little off*
    1. Overpower 115 20.0%
    2. Mortal Strike 61 17.8%
    3. Melee 88 11.4%
    4. Deep Wounds (DoT) 107 9.5%
    5. Opportunity Strike 147 8.8%
    6. Storm Bolt 10 6.7%
    7. Execute 12 6.2%
    8. Slam 17 5.4%
    9. Colossus Smash 24 5.1%
    10. Heroic Strike 25 3.9%

I also run Storm Bolt, so it pushes Slam and Executes slightly off.

Honestly I use to only use slam and my Dipus was higher than it is now. I saw some Arms warriors in LFR and their numbers were with OP on top of their dmg lists so I've been playing with the two lately. Thoughts? Also, if there are any glaring issues with my gear, do tell please.

Name: Kaloras
    Server: Cho Gall
    Faction: Horde
    Sex: Yes please!

During CS you either go with 3xOP+MS+one other ability in the last 0.5 sec piroritising MS>CS>slam or what I've been trying a bit more lately is 2xOP+3other abilities. Gets a little tight getting the last ability into CS but with the queing system it works, use slam after MS if you have no tfb stacks if you try this since you cant que OP without procs.

As opener use something like this: MS>OP>DR+BB+SB>CS+reck+crit trinket>MS>3xOP>MS (or 2xOP>Slam>MS depending if you go 2 or 3OP during CS). Gives your talisman 2 gcds to proc and you don't waste any crit buffs on dragonroar. With shout/charge prepull you can HS twice during CS.

I'm running with 2pT14+2pT15 atm. The 4pT14 isn't that great ~2k dps bonus 496>502 isnt worth it to break the bonus but any better upgrades or T15 would be worth it. Enchant your gloves, dancing steal on weapon and stop slacking with the legendary quest. New weapon would be a great upgrade as arms relies on their weapon a lot.

Here are some logs from tortos tonight. Kept wiping but I had some good changes due to above posts. Any more nit picking would be appreciated!

Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...33/details/84/

Thanks for taking the time to look at these logs.

I'm now doing... CS>ms>op>op>ms>slam/op/cs with occasional his tossed in at 80+ rage
    for my in cool downed rotation
    During CDs I'm doing CS>ms>slamx3

My biggest question now is...
    CS on CD, CS buff expired. What's my rotation during non CS debuff while its on CD? I understand I should be pooling rage but do I burn off stacks of op above 3tfb or just spam ms and op?
    Last edited by Karben; 2013-04-11 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    During CS you either go with 3xOP+MS+one other ability in the last 0.5 sec piroritising MS>CS>slam or what I've been trying a bit more lately is 2xOP+3other abilities. Gets a little tight getting the last ability into CS but with the queing system it works, use slam after MS if you have no tfb stacks if you try this since you cant que OP without procs.

As opener use something like this: MS>OP>DR+BB+SB>CS+reck+crit trinket>MS>3xOP>MS (or 2xOP>Slam>MS depending if you go 2 or 3OP during CS). Gives your talisman 2 gcds to proc and you don't waste any crit buffs on dragonroar. With shout/charge prepull you can HS twice during CS.

I'm running with 2pT14+2pT15 atm. The 4pT14 isn't that great ~2k dps bonus 496>502 isnt worth it to break the bonus but any better upgrades or T15 would be worth it. Enchant your gloves, dancing steal on weapon and stop slacking with the legendary quest. New weapon would be a great upgrade as arms relies on their weapon a lot.
    almost fully follow this, except i kinda disagree with the opener, i go MS+zerk>DR+BB+SB>CS+reck>slam>ms>slam>slam(sometimes this has to be an op due to rage amount) in reck slam is far better than op, and if you use this as your opener (or throw your random op in before dr, shouldn't change much) you can burst at least 180k but higher is not uncommon, and that was when i had 489 starshatter.

fitting the 3xOP in cs is certainly the way to go without reck though, that extra cs boosted gcd really separates the men from the boys.

See my last post.

I may be completely wrong in my understanding of Arms, but this is what's been working pretty well for me. If this is all sorts of bad, I'd love feedback

(Use CDs as you see fit)
    ((Bolded fit within CS window))

MS, CS, OP, OP, MS, OP, Slam OP

The Slam just barely fits within the CS window, so if there's any chance you might not be able to fit the OP and Slam in before CS fades, prioritize Slam over OP. If you're low on rage, that last OP can be left off.

At this point, if SD hasn't procced, you can MS, OP, OP, OP, MS and hope CS is available again

If SD has procced, repeat the rotation above (MS, CS, OP, OP, MS, OP, Slam)

The only time I really ever use HS is during really high rage situations, like during Magaera's Rampage (in Zerker stance)

worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ih8ysezib1mhi7ei/sum/damageDone/?s=6633&e=7128 <--Latest Magaera kill

Here are some logs from tortos tonight. Kept wiping but I had some good changes due to above posts. Any more nit picking would be appreciated!
    Edit: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...33/details/84/

I'm now doing... CS>ms>op>op>ms>slam/op/cs with occasional his tossed in at 80+ rage
    for my in cool downed rotation
    During CDs I'm doing CS>ms>slamx3

My biggest question now is...
    CS on CD, CS buff expired. What's my rotation during non CS debuff while its on CD? I understand I should be pooling rage but do I burn off stacks of op above 3tfb or just spam ms and op?
    The thing is during recklessness you also have skull banner up which benefits OP more then slam, the only time slam>OP is if you have the T15 4set.

As far as rotation goes if you want to use 3xOP during CS only need 1 extra stack of tfb if CS is directly before MS, you can get that by either saving 1 stack of tfb the whole time or use MS>OP>slam>OP>MS instead of 2xOP in a row so that if CS procs just before MS you still have 1 stack tfb. Don't ever save more then 1 tfb stack it isn't needed, pooling rage is for fury just use all your gcds on slam/op/ms etc and if you happen to get high on rage HS once or twice during CS.

Looking at your tortos log you're not whirlwinding enough. What I do is regular rotation but very conservative with HS so that when the bats come I'm high on rage then MS>TC>WW>WW>MS>WW>WW>WW>MS etc weaving in dragonroar if it's off cd and shout if below 20 rage. Bladestorm is nice with the 1.5 min cd since bats come every 45 secs but too lazy to swap to it myself. My last tortos kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b...?s=5711&e=6003
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-04-12 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daergar View Post
    (Use CDs as you see fit)
    ((Bolded fit within CS window))

MS, CS, OP, OP, MS, OP, Slam OP

The Slam just barely fits within the CS window, so if there's any chance you might not be able to fit the OP and Slam in before CS fades, prioritize Slam over OP. If you're low on rage, that last OP can be left off.
    This does work, however I don't think it's utilizing CS fully, and as previously mentioned by Damosapien
    that extra cs boosted gcd really separates the men from the boys.
    (or who suffers from some input lag/delay etc and who doesn't).
    You can swap out 1 OP from your ideal rotation for another 1.5 gcd ability, aka Slam, to increase the amount of damage done during the CS window, however you have to have your ability queued in during the small gap to account for latency (or go to your options and adjust the custom latency setting to whatever you desire).

0.0: Colossus Smash (Colossus Smash debuff applied)
    1.5: Mortal Strike
    3.0: Slam
    4.5: Overpower
    5.5: Overpower
    6.5: Slam (Colossus Smash debuff fades)
    If you have any input lag or latency problems, this may not be optimal, since if you don't squeeze that last slam in, you are even losing out on the damage a bonus Overpower would of done and can fit in easier (.5 second gap).