Poll: Death Grip change?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    DG is the only joy i get from AV and IoC bgs. run in the boss rooms, wait for the first nub to poke his face in, DG and insta kill. when other people try to help, they get aggro. i've lost count of the number of times i've single-handedly wiped whole groups and won the game for our side.
    Oh yes that is fun in AV.

Love to pull in the enemy tanks/healers ahead of time and get them killed.

Deleted
    As a raiding Death Knight I like having both Death Grip and Gorefiend's Grasp at my disposal.

However, I do not like the idea of having multiple grips in PVP. Having one seems fine, it's just another unique ability you have to work around, but having 2 and possibly more just feels overpowered.

You should be rewarded for getting around the 1st Death Grip, not punished by getting gripped in again without any way of getting out. Sure, it's good for DK's, but it means if you only have 1 way of getting around it, it simply won't matter.

I think that Death Grip should remain as is but Blizzard should remove the double Death Grip gear bonus, or at least not do anything similar with future sets of gear.

I can't believe all of the exaggeration and complaining around the PvP set bonus allowing for a 2nd grip within 3 seconds. You act like Death Knights don't incur the same problems. We have one talent that gives us movement speed increase and if you're horrible in pvp that's what you take, but no DK in their right mind should take that for pvp. You think a DK has never been double gripped? We have some of the worst defensives and mobility when it comes to pvp. The DK community has asked for better mobility over and over again and we never get it.

Give me a teleport or 100% movement increase every 20 seconds and you can have my double grip taken off the table. Until then, deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post

You should be rewarded for getting around the 1st Death Grip, not punished by getting gripped in again without any way of getting out. Sure, it's good for DK's, but it means if you only have 1 way of getting around it, it simply won't matter.
    When you close in on a hunter after they've used their first disengage, you should be awarded with having them in melee range, not punished by having them use disengage again

When you get a rogue down low, you should be awarded with the kill, not punished by having them vanish and flee.

When you're about to kill a holy paladin, you should be awarded with the kill, not punished by having them pop divine shield and heal up to full

When you've killed a shaman, you should be awarded with it, not punished by having him ankh rez
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I'm not even playing a DK atm, but I think it's CD should be lowered. DKs have bad mobility, DG is there to make up for it. 15 - 20 sec, offensive abilities should have at least equal CDs to comparable defensive ones, like Blink, which is also a stun trinket on a 15 sec CD (?!).

Death grip is a fine spell when people know how to use it correctly. There has been 100 times in Bgs that a dk would deathgrip someone from the opposing team that was getting killed by 5 of us. This would just lead to that person getting healed because the dk couldnt interrupt or kill them properly. Or even better lets death grip him closer to his base.

Deleted
    I think it's fine. But I think when a shaman grounds my death grip, the totem should fly towards me, hit my head with a cartoony noise and stars flying around my head, stunning me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Change Death Grip so it grips the opponents weapon and disarms him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Change Death Grip so it grips the opponents weapon and disarms him
    Monks already have that haha.

don't worry they will remove it and give it to Paladins just like hungering cold. Remember any abilities death knights get are op unless given to another.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    As an ex-shammie i tend to chuckle a lot when people are talking about melee and _everyone_ forgets enha shammies. Well even the devs forget them every once in a while and almost no one can spell the spec properly. Im glad i got rid of them and joined the plateclub because DWfrost is more enhancement than the shammie itself atm.
    Sshshshhhhhhh, watch out or blizzard will hotfix how they spell the spec name....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose