Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Next Expantion: All races can be any class.

Please?

Do you think they will ever do this? I think it would be universally good. Maybe storywise, there could be some sort of disaster in which all the races were forced to adopt 'new ways' this could include a quest-line at the respective racial areas.

I only enjoy playing as gnomes. So I've never been able to play a paladin or a druid even though I've really wanted to.

I doubt they'll do this because all the lore nuts will freak out over it for some unknown reason.

That being said, they should do it for the sake of balance. Though they could just do something with racials instead to solve the problem.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for all that excess development time being spent on making a massive amount of Druid animal forms.

"Instead of new raid bosses, we got you guys this awesome looking zombie bear form for Forsaken Druids"
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I doubt they'll do this because all the lore nuts will freak out over it for some unknown reason.

That being said, they should do it for the sake of balance. Though they could just do something with racials instead to solve the problem.
    Bold part please, aesthetic only racials solve the problem.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    "Instead of new raid bosses, we got you guys this awesome looking zombie bear form for Forsaken Druids"
    Sounds worth it to me.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay for all that excess development time being spent on making a massive amount of Druid animal forms.

The art team and the encounter design team are different people.

Not all computer dorks are the same. Some of them know how to model; others know coding, math and tuning.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

There are many many classes that do not fit certain races in lore so please no, never.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    When I first started playing I swore i'd never play anything but Tauren, but eventually I had to get over myself and just find enjoyment in other races.

Once I stepped out of that 'comfort zone', for lack of a much less melodramatic-sounding phrase, I realized I barely even paid any attention to race

---------- Post added 2013-04-07 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    The art team and the encounter design team are different people.

Not all computer dorks are the same. Some of them know how to model; others know coding, math and tuning.
    i know

but hyperbole saves TL;DR forum paragraphs.

Why would you prioritize a raid boss model than your own character model?

If you already have your favorite race/class combo that's great but many don't.

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    If you already have your favorite race/class combo that's great but many don't.
    It sucks for those people, it really does. But most of the race/class combos that are not in game make zero sense in lore.

There are however some that should be in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    There are many many classes that do not fit certain races in lore so please no, never.
    Logically, any race can be any class. It's simply a choice of profession and practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It sucks for those people, it really does. But most of the race/class combos that are not in game make zero sense in lore.

There are however some that should be in game.
    They could make anything fit in lore because they make up the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I be crittin wit mi Hammer of De Righteous, mon.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Logically, any race can be any class. It's simply a choice of profession and practice.
    Okay, show me what logic there is in a Undead Druid. Undead by itself defiles nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

No to both ideas. Why? 1. Balance in 1v1 isn't supposed to a goal. 2. More homogenization is a terrible call in an RPG. 3. Racials do not give any race such a distinct advantage that you're being left behind if you're not that race (hint: if you're being left behind, it's because you're playing badly). 4. This game is "losing it's soul" entirely because it's given up so many of it's RPG ideals; removing race specific classes is just another nail in the coffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I would like to see some more options for the classes that are limited. Everyone can already be warriors. Not everyone has to be everything, though I would love to see more options for Druids, Shamans and Paladins for both sides. Give everyone 9-10 class options? The one missing class would be the one most damaging to lore. (ie. Forsaken Druids, Dreanei Warlocks, Orc Paladins.)

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    They could make anything fit in lore because they make up the lore.
    That is true, but currently lore says otherwise for the races. Until Blizzard makes up new lore that justifies it they don't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendita View Post
    I would like to see some more options for the classes that are limited. Everyone can already be warriors. Not everyone has to be everything, though I would love to see more options for Druids, Shamans and Paladins for both sides. Give everyone 9-10 class options? The one missing class would be the one most damaging to lore. (ie. Forsaken Druids, Dreanei Warlocks, Orc Paladins.)
    I would be ok with this compromise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendita View Post
    brb rerolling Tauren warlock

or Tauren rogue

Whichever's less damaging to lore

brb rerolling Tauren warlock

or Tauren rogue

Whichever's less damaging to lore
    Hey I think Tauren Rogue could work, Them Grimtotem and their poison killed Cairne.