Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Origin of Night Elves. What's your take on it?

Well we know very few things but of the information we have we know that they're mutated Dark Trolls and that Elune had a hand in mutating them using the Well of Eternity. (I am right correct?)

However there are many blanks to be filled in but let's all discuss how you all think what happened. What do you think happened when they were in the transition from Troll to Elf?

Since we have no canon evidence of how it all went down it's just going to be wishful thinking now.

I don't think it's cannon that Elune had a hand in it (I think that's just fanfic, don't quote me on it).
    Anyway, I believe the transition happened similar to Pokemon, in that the form just happened over the time of seconds. I'll most likely think differently in a few days, idk.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I don't think it's cannon that Elune had a hand in it (I think that's just fanfic, don't quote me on it).
    Anyway, I believe the transition happened similar to Pokemon, in that the form just happened over the time of seconds. I'll most likely think differently in a few days, idk.
    She probably did something strange to the Well (We know it was put and made by the Titans but since Elune is considered a true deity then she has some incredible powers herself.) and once they all approached it then the rest would be history.

The Well of Eternity was a lake of arcane energy right? Clearly she must have had a hand in "spiking" the lake in order to induce genetic mutation.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not a she, but it. Or do Naarus have genders o:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Genetic mutation is based being around the power, think of it as a radioactive lake, in time, the generation will change, more quickly and more radically than a normal evolutionary pattern, due to outside influence. I don't believe elune had anything to do with the well changing them, that's just how it worked. same reason we now have high elves and blood elves, they were further transformed by the addiction to magic, as to where the Night elves banned arcane magics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    While I don't think they have genders they probably have a gender naming pattern.

Also does Cenarious look like he's half wind-chime to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Elune/A'She are deities worshipped/revered by the Bight Elves/Tauren. Worship of The Light on Azaroth came a bit later with the Sindorei, Humans, Worgen, Dwarves and eventually Gnomes. Of course the Draenei predate even the Trolls as a race but they're not originally from Azaroth.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

They don't but what does that have to do with anything? Elune is a deity; not a Naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    its a shame they officially made it that they evolved from trolls.

now to explain dryads and keepers :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Well Elune did make love to Malorne so I guess Night Elves might have taken that as an ok to you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    boy that escalated quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    boy that escalated quickly
    You asked the question or was curious. I'm only going to assume that Dryads and Keepers are half Night Elves.

it's amazing they officially made it that they evolved from trolls.

Fixed your post. I think the whole "Well of Eternity mutated them" thing is awesome. Now to explain where the trolls came from....

10+ Year Old Account

Well you see just as certain people like the same gender some take it a bit more extreme and..Ummm yeah we'll just say a NE druid got stuck in animal form but still made swet sweet love to his/her partner and ummm..yeah...That works..RIGHT RIGHT?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Don't like it at all. Makes the Night Elves look like liars and fools
    Truth hurts, doesnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    fanfic since in canon it is Elune not E'lune, etc...it's been explained so so many times even stated by blizzard.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Cept they're not liars and fools. *shoos away*
    Their propaganda teaches them that they are superior, which is bullshit since they are made of flesh. No superiority there.

what the hell are you talking about?
    You told me they are not liars, even though their propaganda is a bunch of lies.

Deleted
    I think they were created by Metzen as a replacement for generic elves to be used in Warcraft III.

That pretty much sums up my view at Warcraft lore in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Elune/A'She are deities worshipped/revered by the Bight Elves/Tauren. Worship of The Light on Azaroth came a bit later with the Sindorei, Humans, Worgen, Dwarves and eventually Gnomes. Of course the Draenei predate even the Trolls as a race but they're not originally from Azaroth.
    I don't even know if I should consider this post a trolling attempt... but Bright Elves? Worship of the Light on Azeroth came a bit later with the Sindorei... Worgen...? What?

Ugh. anyways. Elune is worshiped by the Night Elves (bright elves... oh, boy...), and, considering the Horde up to vanilla WoW does not truly worship the Light (Tauren worship the Sun, Trolls have their voodoo, Forsaken woship no one, and the Orcs... I have no idea), I believe it's a safe assumption to say that the Worship of the Light started with the Alliance. However, it's very hard, if not downright impossible, to say WHO between Dwarves and Humans began with the worshipping of the Light. I mean, Gnomes are technology-driven. So much so they didn't have priests until recently, and Night Elves, as mentioned before, worship Elune. Humans descent from the Vrykul of Northrend, and Dwarves descend from the Stone Dwarves who suffered the Curse of Flesh. But who came into being first is not defined, nor it is when the worship of the Light started, much less WHO started it.

Hmm. I think I went on a tangent on the topic's subject. Better go back to it. Ahem. Anyways. As for the Origin of the Night Elves, I don't think Elune had a hand in it. I think it was simply the Well's energies that caused the mutations as generations passed. Yup, I don't think it was an instant thing, either. I think it happened over generations.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...