Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The Undertaker is still wrestling? He was in it when I watched it as a kid, back when Hulk Hogan, Ultimate warrior and Legion of Doom were the big stars.
    Yeah, no doubt. After a little research he's been at it for over 20 years. I dare say he's been wrestling longer than a large portion of constituents of MMO Champ.

I feel old.

Fuck you 30s!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

People still watch this? It was cool when i thought it was real when i was a kid but its no better then a soap opera now... but i guess if they still make money why not continue to produce it? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    It's still fun to watch. I don't watch it for the wrestling so much. More for the fueds. It's still entertaining, and that's what it is afterall.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    even though it was the worse match by far the crowd during the sheamus vs orton match was legendary constantly changing from "RVD" to "ECW" then they went through the commentators in turn you could even see it on the wrestlers faces they were literally looking round with a "wtf should we even bother?"

They are the true wrestling fans they do what they want they dont care about faces/heels and thats why the crowd last night were amazing

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    People still watch this? It was cool when i thought it was real when i was a kid but its no better then a soap opera now... but i guess if they still make money why not continue to produce it? lol
    Isn't a mmo world, a fake world, where you're basically achieving nothing but virtually? I think a lot of people outside video games would say the same thing about you. "People still play video games? It was cool when I was a kid but now I have a family, or I go out, etc." Just saying its hypocritical of you to condescend someones entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bmfstunner View Post
    Isn't a mmo world, a fake world, where you're basically achieving nothing but virtually? I think a lot of people outside video games would say the same thing about you. "People still play video games? It was cool when I was a kid but now I have a family, or I go out, etc." Just saying its hypocritical of you to condescend someones entertainment.
    I just dont understand how people can get a sense of excitement over something completely predetermined. No disrespect to the people involved int he business because they are athletes like any other and some even go into real sports such as UFC where i can enjoy seeing them. But seeing someone over-react after getting fake punched in the face is just too much for me.

For reference Bobby Lashley is one of my favorite MMA fighters.

Also i dont care if someones feelings get hurt by my opinion, anyone who has met me knows this. If someone thinks its nerdy or childish to play video games then its not my place to correct them, they are entitled to their opinion.
    Last edited by A Day to Remember; 2013-04-09 at 08:56 PM.

Just wanted to point out we are already discussing this in a thread in the sports section. Maybe a Mod can move/combine the threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    I just dont understand how people can get a sense of excitement over something completely predetermined. No disrespect to the people involved int he business because they are athletes like any other and some even go into real sports such as UFC where i can enjoy seeing them. But seeing someone over-react after getting fake punched in the face is just too much for me.
    Speaking for me personally, I watch it and view it as improvisational stuntwork. These people are in excellent shape, incredibly athletic, and routinely put together better fight scenes in one take than most modern action movies can in twenty. All that is pretty impressive, and worth a look-see. Plus when they do screw up it's usually hilarious.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

That crowd... Nobody will be able to top it with any sincerity. The energy was so much better than any crowd in "real" sports, because every single person was having fun. I hate crowds divided for real, how many fights break out at actual sporting events? How about wrestling matches? Oh right.

Humming the fandango song all night... Just awesome.

Edit, I find UFC boring as hell. I'll take a fake story over two guys just hitting each for a while.

Creative has been in a hole for a while, partly due to the big money part time acts, partly due to just not having a clue what makes good television. It feels very forced. Put Ziggler in, keep him in, stop jobbing Cesaro, stop making pointless matches, and make more titles matter.

Also, all the injuries aren't helping. There have been a ton that have stalled progress lately, maybe time to start addressing that more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    Creative has been in a hole for a while, partly due to the big money part time acts, partly due to just not having a clue what makes good television. It feels very forced. Put Ziggler in, keep him in, stop jobbing Cesaro, stop making pointless matches, and make more titles matter.

Also, all the injuries aren't helping. There have been a ton that have stalled progress lately, maybe time to start addressing that more.
    They need to bring some titles back/out of retirement. Bring back the European title, hardcore title, cruiserweight. They dont have the US title defended enough nor the IC title.

And IMHO, they need to ditch the divas division. Watching the WWE women "wrestle" is so painful. Get girls fighting in there like TNA women or GTFO.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The Undertaker is still wrestling? He was in it when I watched it as a kid, back when Hulk Hogan, Ultimate warrior and Legion of Doom were the big stars.
    Bring back the hacksaw jim duggins!

I remember when i was younger CM punk was my favorite. Glad he's still doing good.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still watch this repetitive, fake, un-intelligent and over dramatized crap?

Just watching the idiots on there have fake verbal fights gives me a brain hemorrhage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    People still watch this repetitive, fake, un-intelligent and over dramatized crap?

Just watching the idiots on there have fake verbal fights gives me a brain hemorrhage.
    Its modern day gladiator bouts

10+ Year Old Account

I watch it for the Feuds and the wrestlers' technical skills. It's entertaining

WM sucked big time though, but raw was awesome.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account

We're aware it's fake but it's not watching to see who wins. It's how they win.
    That fabric softener teddy bear...oooh I'm 'a hunt that little bitch down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Bring back the hacksaw jim duggins!
    That plank was lethal!

lmao people dissing wwe because its fake lolz so is 99% everything else on tv. you watch something because it is entertaining am i correct. do you enjoy star wars thats fake too right what about movies in general. people are so hypocritical. sounds like people are repeating what people said to them when they watched wrestling. me personally dont like ufc it makes me feel as if we are back in Rome watching a gladiator match, i dont enjoy watching people die the much is that odd. if you think ufc is real well you are kinda wrong. people have died or had permanent damage in boxing where they use huge padded gloves ,yet no one has died or suffered permanent damage in ufc when people are doing flying ninja kicks makes sense right. other shows that you guys think are real are not real at all. boxing is real. ufc is fake. wwe is not meant to be taken as real

raw on monday was badass havent seen a crowed like that since ecw.
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even watch wrestling and I think the hate for it is retarded.

'Its gay' you say. First, you probably have sexuality issues if you think wrestling is 'gay' and maturity issues if 'gay' is the way you articulate yourself when you're talking about something you don't like. Second, its no gayer than staring at the backside of your night elf rogue 5+ hours a day while he dpses in skin tight leather, just saying.

'It's fake' you say. So is EVERY show you watch on TV. EVERY game you play. Barring the rare 'multiple endings' game like Heavy Rain all your precious games are fake and have pre-determined endings. Nothing you did in WoW changed the fact that Arthas dies in ICC. Nothing you do on your couch changed the terrible season 3 finale of The Walking Dead. Nothing changes the ending to that sci-fi popcorn flick you watched in 3D last summer.

Think about this: every moment in The Avengers that gave you a nerdgasm, that made you cry out 'ZOMG EPIC' in the theater, was greenscreened or a special effect. It was some guy talking to a ball on a stick. At least the wrestlers go out there and actually DO the stuff you see.

The point of wrestling, as best I can tell, is telling a story using characters and getting people invested in the outcome of said story. Thanks to a friend that loves wrestling religiously I learned that Undertaker's manager/friend died recently - and that C.M. Punk was mocking that fact to mess with Taker, which in turn makes (most of) the audience want to see Undertaker beat his face in. Sounds like any other form of entertainment, IMO. Even I, someone who does not care about wrestling on any level, completely understands the psychology of that drama. If I was a fan of Undertaker or of his manager that passed away, I would totally want to see Punk get his ass stomped, even if its just a story at the end of the day.

Lastly, just because you don't like it doesn't make anyone who does like it wrong/gay/stupid/whatever other childish insult you decide to spew. All you succeed in doing is making yourself look like an ignorant dipshit who thinks the world begins and ends with your opinion. Hint: it doesn't. Grow up.