Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Inclined to agree here. Fandango (AKA Johnny Curtis) is a new up and coming talent, and Jericho is just the kind of guy to put him over. Jericho's match with CM Punk at last year's Wrestlemania was one of the best in the card, and Jericho's an excellent performer, who can really put credibility behind a guy they are trying to push.
    I agree that Jericho will try to put Fandango over, but he doesn't necessarily have to lose to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
    Winner - The Miz

OFFICIAL SHOW

1. Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee)
    Winners - Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Ryback

3. Chris Jericho vs. Fandango
    Winner - Chris Jericho

4. Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez) (c) vs. Jack Swagger (w/ Zeb Colter)
    Winner - Alberto Del Rio (w/ Ricardo Rodriguez)

5. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    Winner - Team Rhodes Scholars

6. Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) vs. Triple H (w/ Shawn Michaels)
    Winner - Brock Lesnar

7. Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
    Winners - The Shield

8. The Undertaker vs. CM Punk (w/ Paul Heyman)
    Winner - Undertaker

9. The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
    Winner - The Rock

I don't follow it as much anymore but for one, if CM Punk ends Undertaker streak....I can assure you that the fans will NOT be happy by this. Brock beating Triple H will be a perfect way to end his wrestling career and focus more on the company. I can see The Rock staying champ because as people pointed out, he'll bring in more money than anyone else. Now if it was Austin vs The Rock...my vote is for Austin but sadly that's not possible anymore

The first thought I had when I saw this thread was "Wrestlemania X-Seven was 12 years ago... :'("

On topic, the only two matches I would have an emotional interest in are 8 and 9, which Itisamuh summarized so perfectly to reflect my opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Winner - Undertaker. He's the best of all time and deserves to retire with his streak unbroken. Certainly not to this nobody.

Winner - I don't like John Cena, at all. His inexplicable popularity made me lose faith in humanity. So I'm going with the people's champ.
    For the midcores:
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Needing the trappings of success to last forever is selfish and childish.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you want Blizzard to make the game hard for you then you have to make your position the majority position. Oh wait, you don't want the majority in your sandbox because you want to be a special snowflake.... guess you are screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    I don't see that happening. They could put on a hell of a match for sure. But Undertaker's one match a year schedule is better used with someone like Cena, possibly even Brock or The Rock (albeit I believe Rock/Taker should have happened this year) not to say Kane isn't a great talent, he's more so used as a midcard guy to put over talent now a days.
    At the same time, Taker vs. Kane has been a great Wrestlemania match not once, but twice. (XIV and XX)
    A third, final feud, between the two would be pretty awesome, and would be a great way to set Kane up for a main-event run to lead him towards retirement as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Now if it was Austin vs The Rock...my vote is for Austin but sadly that's not possible anymore
    Why wouldn't it be? Austin has recently said in various interviews that he has enough in the tank for 3-5 more high profile matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    At the same time, Taker vs. Kane has been a great Wrestlemania match not once, but twice. (XIV and XX)
    A third, final feud, between the two would be pretty awesome, and would be a great way to set Kane up for a main-event run to lead him towards retirement as well.
    I personally just don't see the drawing power that this match could have compared to Cena/Taker, Rock/Taker. Taker has proven 2 times before that he has what it takes to beat Kane at the grandest stage of them all, so people might think that it's boring. Boring doesn't equal money and that's what WWE is all about at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Kennpai; 2013-04-07 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Kane to me is an under-performer. IMO, WWE hasnt used him to his full potential. Hes a joke wrestler to me. Hes the cream of what used to be the hostess cupcake.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan View Post
    I personally just don't see the drawing power that this match could have compared to Cena/Taker, Rock/Taker. Taker has proven 2 times before that he has what it takes to beat Kane at the grandest stage of them all, so people might think that it's boring. Boring doesn't equal money and that's what WWE is all about at the end of the day.
    Taker proved he could beat HHH at WM 17 & 27, but they still did it again at 28. I think a Kane/Taker match would work, simply because Kane is someone the fans could see as actually ending the streak, due to his history with Taker. At this point of his career, Taker can pretty much just pick and choose his opponents, and if he was to retire, Kane's pretty much the only person left on the roster that he has a long history with, and be believable as ending Taker's career.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think anyone who understands how storylines work, or the phrase "interim champion", believes The Rock is going to beat Cena.
    As much as people don't like Cena, this has been a year-long build-up, and the blowoff is going to be a win for Cena. He wasn't going to go from "top man in the company" to "jobber for a year", without some sort of reward at the end.

Punk's 434-day long title reign, and then The Rock's superstardom lent credibility to a title that, for awhile, was passed around to every midcarder on the roster; from The Miz, to Jeff Hardy, to Sheamus, or Alberto Del Rio -- the last two, some might argue aren't really midcarders, but would you pay to see them headline a Wrestlemania? The World Heavyweight Championship is still a joke, but at least the WWE title has some 'worth' now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Rather than giving predictions (I don't watch anymore so I'm fairly uninformed) I'll simply say who I want to win.

Winner - Undertaker. He's the best of all time and deserves to retire with his streak unbroken. Certainly not to this nobody.
    Calling CM Punk a nobody is like calling the Baltimore Ravens a mediocre Team. CM Punk is one of the best out there, be it on the Mic or with his in-ring skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Calling CM Punk a nobody is like calling the Baltimore Ravens a mediocre Team. CM Punk is one of the best out there, be it on the Mic or with his in-ring skills.
    Perhaps but compared to taker he cant measure up.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    That may be true. And I also believe that the Streak should stay unbroken. The quoted post was just disrespectuful towards Punk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember, professional wrestling isn't a "one guy is the show" game. It's two people working to put on a show, and both work very hard to do so. Some people work extremely well together. I've always felt Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker work very well together, and I expect (if he is still up to the task, because Taker is getting kind of old these days) that Taker vs Punk will be a match along those lines.

Taker has always been my favourite, but he's only ever been half the equation. His best matches have been with other guys who can put on as good of a match as he can: Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, HHH, Stone Cold, Kane -- these are all first-rate guys who have the capacity to work with a guy like Taker to put on one hell of a match. If you ask me, CM Punk is more than capable of filling that role as well.

Deleted
    Sometimes it sadly is a "One Guy is the Show" thing. Remember SIn Cara with all his botches in his first matches. He had to be carried in the beginning.

That is true, I have no doubt that it'll be a really good match but I dont think punk will break the streak.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    Sometimes it sadly is a "One Guy is the Show" thing. Remember SIn Cara with all his botches in his first matches. He had to be carried in the beginning.
    Well, yeah -- but those are awful matches, and some are only remembered for how awful they are.
    Any truly good match -- and Vince wouldn't co-main event Wrestlemania with a shitty match -- has two people who can perform.

That is true, I have no doubt that it'll be a really good match but I dont think punk will break the streak.
    Of course not, but it's not about who wins; I don't think anyone has any doubt how that match will go down in the books. But I think they'll put on a hell of a show, one to remember.

Deleted
    I cant see it happening but id love CM Punk to beat The Undertaker.

1. Team Hell No (Kane and Daniel Bryan) (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E Langston (w/ AJ Lee)
    Winners - Team Hell No

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner -Ryback

Winner - Fandango

Winner - Jack Swagger

5. Tons of Funk (Brodus Clay & Tensai) and The Funkadactyls (Cameron and Naomi) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow) and The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    Winner - Tons of Funk

Winner - Triple H

7. Sheamus, Randy Orton & Big Show vs. The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns)
    Winners - The Shield

Winner - The Undertaker

Winner - John Cena

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiitsdj View Post
    Winners - Team Hell No

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner -Ryback

Winner - Fandango

Winner - Jack Swagger

Winner - Tons of Funk

Winner - Triple H

Winners - The Shield

Winner - The Undertaker

Winner - John Cena
    Yup. These are my predictions too. I expect a double-cross finish leading to a Shield victory in #7, and possibly a Cena heel turn in the main event.

Letting Kane/Bryan hold onto the tag titles will throw some credibility behind those belts -- they are good champs, a change-up at the moment might not be the best thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, time for a few possibly controversial picks.

PRE-SHOW

Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz
    Winner - The Miz. I remember a while back the US title changing hands in a pre-show, having it happen is a good way to up the last minute buy-rates too. Also Barrett has really lacked direction recently, they can hopefully use this to repackage him before throwing him at ADR for the title (wait what? Yes I'm giving away a later pick already!)

Also the Miz is a terrible face, put a belt on him, let him go possessive and underhanded to ensure he wins and make him heel.

OFFICIAL SHOW

Winners - Ziggler and Big E. - Kane and Bryan are reaching that point where they've done it all, they're not a natural tag team and have taken it as well as they can. But Bryan is ready to be cut loose and thrown back into the singles division, he's a solid tweener. He's heelish but he's damn funny doing it to the point he's Marmite. Ziggler isn't ready to cash in yet and can happily spend a couple of months with Langston getting him more ring time while not having to carry a whole match.

2. Ryback vs. Mark Henry
    Winner - Draw. - I don't see this one ending clean, these are both monsters that the WWE is wanting to push, Ryback needs the momentum but Henry's credibility as a monster will drop if his first real match since his return is a loss. I can see these two just beating the hell out of each other to a double DQ, possibility of a single DQ win but either way I don't see a clean pin here.

That said, it does come off a Mania moment to have Ryback lift Henry up for Shellshocked.

Winner - Fandango. - Jericho is a star at putting over up and coming talent, and questions about Fandango's ability can be well masked by Jericho who could have a 5* with a mop.

Winner - Del Rio. - Swagger killed this for himself in my eyes when he got DUI'd, also he's taken the heat for the whole angle not really getting over with the crowd. Which isn't his fault, it's because Del Rio is bland as hell as a face, and is less over than his own ring announcer (who is absolute money at every turn. Royal Rumble entrance anyone?) But Vince seems high on ADR, so I can see him winning this and Swagger/Colter getting split up with Colter moving on to other things.

Winner - Team Rhodes Scholars, honestly if these two weren't in this match I'd be skipping this bit for the bathroom break, but they're easily future champions both as singles and as a team. They've got a knack at getting the crowd to react to them and can wrestle damn well too. Expect to see Albert to take most of the workload in his team.

Winner - Lesnar. I know the expectation is to have the win trade and redemption storyline, but honestly I look at Hunter and I can't help but think his best days are behind him. He looks old, and I don't think the haircut has helped him hide this, I can see him taking up the management role again. Lesnar however has his new contract, and being "the guy that finishes HHH" (but not really because we'll wrangle something in 6 months time when Lesnar's moved on) won't hurt his personna of being the guy that beats the crap out of people.

Winners - The Shield. - I want these guys to take the tag titles as soon as possible and Freebird rule it. I considered an Orton heel turn here, but I think that's not on the cards because tonight is THE NIGHT with regards to another match. But right now The Shield are absolutely shit hot and there's no need to kill the momentum.

Winner - The Undertaker. - I want Punk to win this, after two PPV losses back to back I really want Punk to win this, but I can't see it happening, I don't think anyone realistically can. They'll certainly put on a stunning match that won't hurt Punk to have lost though. Has MOTN status all over it.

Winner - John Cena. - The build up to this has screamed shades of Wrestlemania 17, and I think the finish will go down in a very similar fashion. Cena to win, but he'll cement himself as heel Cena in doing it.

I pray to god I'm right, because if I have to watch another Superman Cena win I'll firmly give up on the WWE's ability to push the boat out and try something not in their comfort zone anymore.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Lol this girl in my class was complaining that Wrestlemania is in New Jersey and she wanted to go. I don't follow wrestling anymore.