Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasA52 View Post
    People need to get over the "Vince is to scared to turn Cena heel" thing. Why would he? So fans that don't like him now, can continue not to like him? Common sense people, little kids LOVE Cena. He is like the current version of the 80's Hogan to them. He has done over 300 wishes with the make a wish people. Those kids love him because he is a baby face, a heel turn would be REALLY bad for the WWE / Cena.

Don't like Cena, hat is cool. I am not fond of him neither, but there have been Wrestlers for YEARS, and YEARS I never liked but they brought a lot of other fans with different taste to the show then me.

That being said, 21-0. WHOOO!
    He is incredibly stale though. Big changes do wonders for careers and fans of the product. Kids do make up a lot of the WWE audience, this is true, but there are still a lot of teenage/adult fans who watch that are sick to death of Cena. During his heel run and even early stages of being a face as the Dr. of Thuganomics, Cena was insanely over with kids and adults. Turning him heel would do about as much good as it would "bad" for the company and his character. All big faces eventually turn heel. SCSA, The Rock, Hogan, Flair. They've all done it and their careers became much better.

Kane looked SIGNIFICANTLY bigger/muscular in his arms and chest area... similar to his 2001 days

I have to admit by yesterday afternoon I still wasn't sure if I was going to watch it. Outside of UT-Punk and HHH-Lesnar matches nothing really interested me. You knew Cena was going to win but it was just a matter of if Ziggler finally cashing in. Anyways, I finally decided to go to a local movie theatre to watch it.

The line-up about an hour before the event was only about 15-20 people which surprised me as I thought it was busier but by 7 PM it was mostly full with only about 10 seats empty. Since the screen is bigger and the audio louder than seeing it at home you notice a lot of different things. It sounded like the crowd wasn't miked properly. Some of the signs in the crowd were pretty funny with my favorite "If Fandango can actually wrestle we riot". The two boys sitting in the front row on the opposite side of the camera were also pretty funny.

The show itself was solid. Nothing majorly bad but outside of Punk-UT nothing that in 5 years we will be looking back fondly at either. It will be interesting to see where they go now that the part-timers all go back to whatever they were doing. And what card do they put up for next year's Wrestlemania? Rock-Cena 3? Lesnar-UT? Or will everyone just be too drunk to wrestle?

Quote Originally Posted by Drfireburns View Post
    He is incredibly stale though. Big changes do wonders for careers and fans of the product. Kids do make up a lot of the WWE audience, this is true, but there are still a lot of teenage/adult fans who watch that are sick to death of Cena. During his heel run and even early stages of being a face as the Dr. of Thuganomics, Cena was insanely over with kids and adults. Turning him heel would do about as much good as it would "bad" for the company and his character. All big faces eventually turn heel. SCSA, The Rock, Hogan, Flair. They've all done it and their careers became much better.
    I totally agree with you. You should mix things up a bit in sports entertainment from time to time to keep things interesting. Even Stone Cold joined with Vince for a while. A time a heel could do wonders for Cena with 'some' adult fans, however, I think most people will always hate him because he is the Nickleback of the WWE. People dislike him because it is cool to dislike him.

I personally think Cena himself has a big say on if his character stays face, or goes heel.

I found this years Mania as well to be quite lackluster. Though I must admit I enjoyed the 3 main events with Taker vs Punk the best of the 3.

The Rock actually skyrocketed on his heel run and the subsequent face turn later.

While I don't have a problem with face Cena, I think they just need to loosen the leash on just how kid friendly he is. He can keep the current gimmick, the current angle/personality, just put a little more aggression and attitude with it. Nothing more than playing on the "half of you hate me, half of you love me and I don't honestly care what you think" more would go a long way. Just having Cena take on more of a persona that he's going to do what he does and doesn't care what people think can start to build into a more good bad guy character similar to what Stone Cold built up over the years.

He can be a bit more aggressive while still being the role model for kids. I think a large part of it, though, is Cena and WWE want to be cautious of the persona they present for the guy that does a lot of their charity appearances.

Cena's character might be a bit stale, but I have a lot of respect for how much time he puts into all these events and for the kids outside of WWE screen time.

Just let the man show some attitude, please. There were some flashes of it in the build up to this match and during the match...just let him run with it.

Overall, gotta agree with what most are saying. Undertaker/Punk was the match of the night.
    I'm hoping for a retirement legacy of 25-0

Quote Originally Posted by CasA52 View Post
    I totally agree with you. You should mix things up a bit in sports entertainment from time to time to keep things interesting. Even Stone Cold joined with Vince for a while. A time a heel could do wonders for Cena with 'some' adult fans, however, I think most people will always hate him because he is the Nickleback of the WWE. People dislike him because it is cool to dislike him.

I personally think Cena himself has a big say on if his character stays face, or goes heel.
    I personally don't think people dislike him because it's cool. I think the #1 reason is he has been on top for the last 8 years. People want someone else. However, that's really a WWE issue not a Cena specific issue. However, I also find his promos are sometimes very disjointed as it's almost like he forgets what he's trying to say. Lastly I find he doesn't sell very well where you could hit him with the most devastating move ever and 10 seconds later he's back on his feet. However, I have to give him credit though. He does whatever the WWE asks him without any questions and does a lot of charity work. He's a very loyal worker and you can see why the WWE likes him. However, if it was me I would take him off the road for 3 to 6 months or turn him heel and start building others up.

I also wanted to add one question was it just me or did Undertaker look health/physical wise better last night then last year's match?

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate John Cena's character but he has made more make a wishes then anybody else ever (IIRC) so that get's a lot of respect from me. I wish he wasn't Super Cena that is the thing I think that drives people insane. Looking at all the wins from last night it looks like all of Vincents guys won. Y2J might be the best person in the business to carry new guys and put them over even though that match was not great at all. Everybody knew Rock was going to lose he has an insane schedule coming up and it was unrealistic for him to carry the belt anymore I just wish it would have went back to Punk or even Dolph Ziggler.

Honestly, I blame a bad creative department more then Cena for him carrying the company for so long.

It was said YEARS ago Vince LOVES the idea of a big guy as champ. Which is usually true, minus a few special people. Punk wasn't going to be given a real chance until HBK picked up for him/ some other new wrestlers. The WWE put Cena at the top, and just rotates one other in for a for a few weeks, then another, taking the old one out and dumping them down to the bottom.

Example of what I mean.

Cena vs Miz - Feud last a little bit, Cena wins. Does Miz stay in the top ranks of the WWE. No he is dumped to the bottom
    Punk vs Daniel Bryan - Short feud, great talent between the two. Punk wins. DB is dumped to the bottom / tag team.

Years ago the top rank was set. HHH, HBK, Stone Cold, The Rock, UT. These people fought for the WWE Championship. Another group fought for the IC title.
    IC, Tag, and Diva's titles actually meant something. Now, any title lower then the top 2(again, split titles, another stupid idea) is fodder for any upset heavyweight who needs someone to destroy.

TD;DR: WWE has a TON of wrestlers with talent, including Cena. They just need to rework what they are doing all. Spread them out, get the other titles worth something again.

undertaker entrance at Wm29

Says not available in my country zzz.

Loved the New Jersey/New York crowd at Raw tonight. They were hilarious. Rock is hurt and left without telling anyone in the WWE so they had to rewrite Raw at the last minute. Ziggler winning the strap was somewhat unexpected but I'm glad he finally got it. Question now is how long does he last. Is Undertaker sticking around to feud with the Shield?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly thought HHH would have lost to Lesnar so he could retire and go work at the corporate office :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Loved the New Jersey/New York crowd at Raw tonight. They were hilarious. Rock is hurt and left without telling anyone in the WWE so they had to rewrite Raw at the last minute. Ziggler winning the strap was somewhat unexpected but I'm glad he finally got it. Question now is how long does he last. Is Undertaker sticking around to feud with the Shield?
    Last nights Raw was one of the best I can remember in a long time. It felt like the attitude era with all the run ins during matches, the unpredictability, changing of two titles, and the crowd. OMG that crowd was insane and really made the show.

Last nights Raw was one of the best I can remember in a long time. It felt like the attitude era with all the run ins during matches, the unpredictability, changing of two titles, and the crowd. OMG that crowd was insane and really made the show.
    I went to Miami last year and as much as I loved Wrestlemania I think I enjoyed the Raw after a bit more simply due to the crowd. I'll give the edge to the New Jersey crowd though as they were off the charts. New Orleans has a lot to live up to next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    That crowd last night was the best thing all weekend. From the moment Ziggler came out they were buzzing, we had chants for the announce team, the ring announcer, the guy selling pretzels, cotton candy, Rob Van Dam, Randy Savage and then singing Mark Henry and Fandango's theme tunes.

The latter is this year's "YES" chant, if that happens throughout each of his matches from start to finish, it'll be gold.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That crowd last night was the best thing all weekend. From the moment Ziggler came out they were buzzing, we had chants for the announce team, the ring announcer, the guy selling pretzels, cotton candy, Rob Van Dam, Randy Savage and then singing Mark Henry and Fandango's theme tunes.

The latter is this year's "YES" chant, if that happens throughout each of his matches from start to finish, it'll be gold.
    All depends on how much the WWE Booking Team gets behind him. I thought after last's years Raw they would really get behind Bryan and push him somewhat the same way they do Cena and they did to a point but not as much as they could/should have.

15+ Year Old Account

Monday Night Raw & Wrestlemania

I just watched Monday Night Raw and it was amazing. The crowd was so freaking awesome. New Jersey sure made Monday Night Raw a blast to watch again. Something I haven't experienced since the Attitude Era.

Turning on the faces of the company; my mouth fell open hearing the cheers for Ziggler when his music started playing after the match involving Alberto del Rio. I can't get over it. I normally skip through the episode, only looking for the interesting parts, but this time I watched the entire show.

Couldn't help but notice the crowd at Wrestlemania cheering just as much for CM Punk as for The Undertaker. In recent years, even the greats, such as HBK and Triple H got boo'd.

I actually saw hints of John Cena being a heel during his match with The Rock. It would have been so much better if The Rock had won and John Cena would begin a downwards spiral, turning heel in the process. He'd be a perfect heel, especcialy now. Not as a guy that whines about everything and calls the crowd names and stuff. But just as a guy that disses everybody and is just a pain in the ass. Like Edge was.

Edge was such a pain in the ass, but so freaking brilliant in the process, I actually got a lot of respect for him when he had his fued with The Undertaker before all that crap with La Familia started.
    Statix will suffice.

Deleted
    The Undertaker is still wrestling? He was in it when I watched it as a kid, back when Hulk Hogan, Ultimate warrior and Legion of Doom were the big stars.

Best Raw I have ever seen thanks to the crowd pretty much!

Must see the videos after Raw when they went out of the arena, outside the building and even while waiting for the train including inside the train... Fahn-Dahn-Go theme song is addicting!