Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra6 View Post
    I don't think so. Perhaps the guy really loves dwarves and fantasy. I think the symbolism behind it doesn't necessarily represent World of Warcraft, rather a time in the man's life he'd like to hold on to. The way we keep things from our childhood in storage. He just chose to wear it indefinitely.
    As "This" comment is not okay here ... I won't but this guy really got my opinion on it.
    Just because I want to tattoo Buffy on my shoulder isnt just because it was a great series, it's because of all the memories I have from that time.

If this guy associate this picture ( a great piece of art!) with for example, his happy days as a young man and his love for fantasy - why would he ever regret that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    The comments stating someone will regret a piece of art like that later on in life always cracks me up. Yeah, instead of being a boring, wrinkled old man he'll be an old wrinkled man with an interesting story. Oh woe is he.
    Oh yes, the only way you can tell a story is by writing it on your skin. I guess we only use our mouth for eating then.

Deleted
    wow that really is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Everytime you make a decision in life remember this post and sit and think to yourself what the outcome will be in the future.
    yep thats right you have just realised that your life is so fucking bland and shitty, why even bother living it any more.

Im glad im not like you.
    lol, that first line makes more sense directed at the guy who got the tattoo. The second part is just stupid, its like doing something reckless and silly the turning around and saying "yeah well I'm living" - yeah but you almost died moron, Youtube is full of these types. Getting a full blown back tattoo should not be a substitute to having an interesting life.

Trust me, I used to design tattoo's while at art school for extra cash so I have seen plenty of 'mistakes' and whenever I see another one I cringe. I have my art on 1000's of people and I've also had to help lots of people who have had a tattoo and want it fixed. Perhaps having that image on one shoulder may of been better but to cover your back completely. that's silly.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's dedication to dwarves...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is just an excessive tattoo. Imagine when you're older...
    People always say that, and I have yet to see someone with a large tattoo regret it, even in older age.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is just an excessive tattoo. Imagine when you're older...
    I think that's a good word to use, 'cuz something feels off about this artistically but I couldn't say what. Not that I have anything against huge tattoos, I just think for such an intricate and finely-detailed image, it would've looked better on a flat surface than on an always-warping human body. I also think their use of color is a bit "excessive," as it seems almost unnecessarily dark. Some higher contrast and an overall brightening of the image would help it look less like a few big colored blobs.
    That being said it's not terrible, it just takes a bit of work to see it for what it really is, whereas me personally I prefer a bit cleaner, brighter art when it comes to tattoos.

I had a guildmate once who was slowly building up a full-back fantasy-inspired tattoo. I think he said his Dwarf would be one of the characters in it. He also said tattoos are pretty damn expensive though when they reach that size so I wonder if he ever finished it.

Deleted
    That's really good, inspires me to get some ink done!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    People always say that, and I have yet to see someone with a large tattoo regret it, even in older age.
    I have a few tattoos myself but I purposely got abstract ones because I don't want something I'm enjoying now to be something I'm marked for for the rest of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that's absolutely amazing. Who was the tattoo artist? It's always good to have a really talented tat artist in your phonebook.