Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    well the Ti and the superclocked are two diff cards.
    The 660 runs faster that the 660Ti when they are both superclocked.
    I am prolly gonna go with what was recommended by butler but I need to find out the best cooler for that I5-3470. The one that is in here now is a contained water loop so I am not sure that it will work &I don't have the mounts but it will take 2 weeks to a month to get the funds for the upgrade anyways. Gonna have to take the parts to the geek squad and have them put em in. Processors and CPU coolers and mother boards scare me. Video card and hard drives and anything else I can put in but the CPU's and mobos, I get too nervous.

Wonderful Sig made by Torgerd

Deleted
    The stock cooler should do fine for the i5 3470.

Although you'd be going from closed water to simple air. Some might think of it as a downgrade. I just look at temps. If they're good, they're good.

any idea of average temps for stock air coolers? On the I5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know what stock coolers run at but I can vouch for a good cheap air cooler the 212 evo goes like a champ. I could down clock my 3570k and drop the stock cooler on to give you temps if your really curious, just have it sitting next to the desk here. The 212 took 3 hours of prime 95 @ 4.5ghz with hottest 2 cores 70c and 71c respectively, however I stuffed up the thermal paste when I first mounted it.
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

As of right now the
    Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
    Is on sale for 15% of so I will be ordering that tommorrow evening. Wondering if I should just wait around for sales to get parts? Might take longer dont know if it worth it or not tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really worth it seeing you have already nailed a sale on the cpu that is where you will score the biggest savings on the parts you are getting. Gpu's occasionally get a sale every now and then but motherboards are pretty well set for price (with gpu sales you could be waiting months for the gpu price bracket your looking at to go on sale and then only save 15-20 bucks).
    Personal rig:
    • i5-3570k (4.2ghz) || CM hyper 212 evo || Asrock extreme 4 || Corsair (2 x 4gb 1600mhz) ram
    • Samsung 840 (120gb) || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb
    • Powercolor 7870xt || Silverstone strider 500w ||NZXT source 210

Been looking most of night the 7870 XT is basically non existant. Newegg has one but it is out of stock. There are plenty of 7870 but not the XT version. What does the XT stand for? Sorry I am a lil noobish on radeon cards havnt had one since the 9800 like 7-8 years ago

Deleted
    Did you ever think it might be because of an addon you have low fps in raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Did you ever think it might be because of an addon you have low fps in raids?
    Could be, but I wouldn't expect much more with a stock interface with the hardware in that PC, especially in 25 man raids.

I run a few addons that I have always ran. Elvui,quartz,postal,DBM,combustion helper,auctionator That is all. I have never had this problem before. Even when Pandaria launched and I was raiding frames were fine. What I dont get is why was it fine before I moved it to her desk.

Check that all of the power connectors are still properly attached, perhaps one of them slipped when moving the computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmister View Post
    My GF has a computer that I am looking to squeeze some life out of and wondering if it is possible yet. I am getting a video card for her PC but I dont want any bottlenecks. Only game that is played on this PC is WoW. The current video card the FPS have came to a screeching halt. Used to be able to do 25 man raid getting about 20-30 FPS good/high settings, now comp is struggling to get above 10 in raid finder at fair settings. Is there any hope of small upgrades?

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Processor 2.60 GHz
    ASUS M4A78LT-M LE
    EVGA nividia 550 ti
    Ram 8gb g skill sniper
    650 watt PS
    650w ps for this PC ?? are you serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    ??? 10 chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Don't do drugs, m'kay? A good quality 650 was overkill way back when.

I got that PSU because I was gonna keep that computer and maybe SLI sometime in future. Gf's comp was dying so I got a new one, and gave this one to her. But I noticed the lag while my video card is being RMA'ed (on new computer) and figured we need to upgrade hers.

You mentioned you live in Cali... do you live near a microcenter? They have really great deals on CPU/MoBo deals... might even be worth a drive.

I have looked into that LOL. I live bout 1/2 hrs south from Sacramento. The only micro center in Cali is in orange county which is south from Anaheim. It takes me 7 hrs to get to Anaheim. LOL it aint even worth the gas to drive down there. What I do wonder is someone else was saying that they live in Cali and wanting to stay away from Newegg. So, they were asking for diff places like Newegg and I don't know why.

@googz - Love Al Bundy BTW

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mobo: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Newegg)
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($234.99 @ Newegg)
    =$500

Will run on ultra (would put shadows+ssao+sunshafts on low/off tho.)

Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Mobo: ASRock Z75 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($184.99 @ Newegg)
    Don't need Z75 for a locked processor unless you're interested in doing a limited unlock overclock (+4 bins).