Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No i'm not stupid enough to trust microsoft hardware again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be so much better if the games only required a short connection to start up the game then it can be played offline (without online features if it has any, such as multiplayer on xbox live).

Not only will it be always online, but rumor is it will cost a monthly fee for that always online connection. Its just another way for a corporation to nickle and dime people.

Deleted
    Nope, not gonna buy any more next gen consoles.

The console formate is outdated and unnecessary. Only need a pc, since 99% console games are also released on pc.
    Controllers can be bought for pc, and you can add your tv as screen if you want the proper console feeling.

Won't be long before your average laptop is more powerful than the consoles either.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-04-07 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the big deal. Your internet is on all the time anyways.

I won't be buying it since it will likely require xboxlive to do anything, which is the real kick in the nuts if games require online and online requires xbox live. Being charged 3 separate ways (purchase of game, purchase of xbox live, and purchase of internet) to play a game is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-04-07 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    I just realized I derped earlier. I'm not actually going to buy the new Xbox but I'm going for the PS4 this time around.

I confused the two somehow, which should be a punishable crime at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post

I won't be buying it since it will likely require xboxlive to do anything, which is the real kick in the nuts if games require online and online requires xbox live. Being charged 3 separate ways (purchase of game, purchase of xbox live, and purchase of internet) to play a game is ridiculous.

yeah thats another thing for me, if they are going to require xbox live or just a connection, if requiiring xbox live and still charging for it, then definate no from me.

Deleted
    Not sure, probably not. If anything I'll buy a Wii U when a decent pokemon game releases for it. :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    My ISP had an issue yesterday, directly refuted.
    Do people read anything before posting? its been said a dozen times it doesn't matter if your internet has 100% reliability it has to connect to Microsoft's servers to do anything, even a completely single player experience.
    This actively damages peoples ability to play games for no reason beyond microsofts control issues.

No, but then again, I probably wouldn't get it anyways. My 360 is collecting dust right now, I'll be set with just the Wii U. One thing's for certain though, if it's a constant online console Microsoft will be out of the competition.

I don't like the idea of alway online,what happen if you internet suddenly disconnet what happen to all your progress then? you lost them all and have to redo it all over again?

Deleted
    Ive never owned a console and probably never will so the internet connection really doesnt matter much.

Deleted
    The only next-gen console I'm looking at buying is the Ouya and even then I'm not sure (Because I have a PC, and an android phone) but I'm definitely steering clear of both the 720? and the PS4. I look at what they offer and just think "But my PC can do all that and more". Just sucks that some of the exclusives are exclusive!

Deleted
    I won't, no.

I only play consoles offline and the only time I want to connect to the internet on it is to download classic games from the store.

Requiring it to be connected to the internet is a bit much, but I guess it'll come down to pressure from games companies if they want to tackle piracy of games, but who knows.

Deleted
    Eh, Looking back on the Xbox's history, so many promising IP's were there. Blinx if you remember it, Halo etc. Now it is nothing But the 'CoD-Box'. No good new IP's in soo long.

Every other decent X-box game can be got on PC. While it started of very promising this gen of consoles it has fallen far behind the PS3 and wii in quality.

The next gen of consoles I don't see being too promising for them, their greed is showing with no 2nd hand games. Hell they are even trying to go disc-less which will hurt companies like Gamestop. Sad times indeed, the DLC will only be more prevalent too I can imagine.

For me, Microsoft consoles = dropped. Wont make a difference PC is far superior anyway, Wii / 3DS for Nintendo brand goodness, and Playstation for JRPG's seems the way to go console wise

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    My current Xbox isn't connected to theinternet in any way, shape or form.
    I like it that way.

I like having things off the internet.
    I've got a mediabox with internet connection for streaming SC2 and HBO.

So, why should my gaming console. On which I only have singleplayer games, have internet?

*I live in a country with very good internet infrastructure and generally always being online isn't an issue. But this isn't about that.

It all depends on the games for me.

I'm not any kind of fan of any of the consoles, it all depends on what I feel the game fits best for. Mass Effect, Ghost Recon, Halo, Rainbow Six, and Fable are, to me Xbox games. While Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Tomb Raider, Ratchet and Clank, Need for Speed, and Grand Theft Auto are Playstation games. I originally felt like Hitman was a Playstation game, but after playing Absolution on the PC I've started to enjoy that way of playing it. So it all changes depending on the type of game, 3rd person, 1st person, guns or magic, the feel of the controller, and tons of other factors. I enjoy picking out which system to play a new game on almost as much as I enjoy buying a game I've been really hyped up about.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Deleted
    You might as well ask if the sky is blue, my internet is good and reliable but I still hate the idea of "always online" anything. The internet can and will go down and to be quite frank it's bad enough on the PC with games that require me to be online in order to play properly. (Far Cry 3, Dark Souls PC, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    You might as well ask if the sky is blue, my internet is good and reliable but I still hate the idea of "always online" anything. The internet can and will go down and to be quite frank it's bad enough on the PC with games that require me to be online in order to play properly. (Far Cry 3, Dark Souls PC, etc.)
    GFWL can go fuck itself.

Case in point for the argument that it's not just your internet you have to worry about with this stuff.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I'm a PS3 user and I like to go for all the trophies in my games. If I were doing a particularly brutal trophy like one where you lose a ton of progress if you die and I died because of an internet hiccup, I'd break a controller.