Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have pretty stable internet, but it does goes out sometimes - night time especially for an hour or more sometimes.

However, even if it was, I wouldn't be getting an ALWAYS ONLINE DERP MACHINE. I have my laptop for that.

Really starts to bug me how these new generation consoles force some social media crap upon you, like everyone wants to be connected all the time. Sometimes, I just want to turn my console on and play my games.. just like I always have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by aeir View Post
    I have pretty stable internet, but it does goes out sometimes - night time especially for an hour or more sometimes.

However, even if it was, I wouldn't be getting an ALWAYS ONLINE DERP MACHINE. I have my laptop for that.

Really starts to bug me how these new generation consoles force some social media crap upon you, like everyone wants to be connected all the time. Sometimes, I just want to turn my console on and play my games.. just like I always have been doing.
    Yeah, sometimes you just want to be a social recluse for a day. I totally agree with that. And if I am in that kind of mood, the last thing I want is to be spammed by chat requests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Yeah, sometimes you just want to be a social recluse for a day. I totally agree with that. And if I am in that kind of mood, the last thing I want is to be spammed by chat requests.
    i feel yo broseph! i dont even use facebook i think im the only 21 year old on the planet who hates social media.

i can imagine the next xbox making you sign a contract swearing you willl only ever use bing and windows 8 also you cant use gmail it has to be hotmail then you can play games :P.

why cant we choose when we want to relax and play offline its a joke. i bet xbox staff are sweating like pigs over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Exactly.

It also helps me immerse myself in the games, when I don't see constant messages of on and offline people and such.

NO! I alrdy hate STEAM so why buy a consol based on that online all the time ******* ***** <---- ugly words of ur choosing

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    NO! I alrdy hate STEAM so why buy a consol based on that online all the time ******* ***** <---- ugly words of ur choosing
    You can, at least, play Steam games in off-line mode

No, I'll never buy a console that requires an always-on connection as the main time I play console is when my net is down for some reason and I can't play my usual games on PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Nope, I'm very much against that type of DRM, or whatever mask they put over it to make it prettier.

Also, I play consoles very little rarely, and the only reason I'd buy one would be for the exclusives. As it stands right now I've got about 7 unopened games on my ps3 :/

Damn DotA.

yes but usually u need internet to log in and activate offline mode so....

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Im planning to. I dont turn my PC off anyway and i have internet connection all the time so it doesnt really matter for me.

Playstation 4 it is !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Really? not everyone has stable fiber-optic connections.
    Really? This is 2013.

We're not in the 90's anymore. The only way we'll advance is if we drop support for old bullshit things. You can't do most things today with a dial-up connection from a decade ago, does this mean everyone should cry? Oh wait, dropping support for outdated behavior allowed for more room to improve in major aspects! Games don't support an OS from 1995, do you know why? Yeah, you should by now.

Who the shit uses rented games or used/stolen games anyways? With next-gen tech, we should be going with the future. If you can't afford internet (which is pretty sad), stick to previous-gen consoles, then?

Anyways, I can't believe people are fucking complaining about shit they don't even know is true yet.

Lets start a thread about Titan being shit and we should all complain from now, we don't know anything but we can assume its going to be shit, right?

It's people like you guys that probably pushed Economists to abandon the notion that people are rational, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    there are so many reasons not to buy the always on console.

number 1. the always on console has an always on kinect who on earth wants microsoft having a camera in their bedroom and or living room bit big brother if you ask me :P

number 2. internet does drop out sometimes even if its only for a few minutes that means you cant play skyrim watch a film do anything, i dont know about you but i use my xbox for dvds and films in general what good is a multimedia device that is part brick.

number 3. EXPENSIVE internet costs some people budget their internet using it when its only necessary

number 4. what if it gets hacked like psn that was down for 30 days you then have an expensive 500 dollar parer weight for 30 day!

number 5. why pay more for less?! the quality of the console may be the same as the ps4 but you can only use it half the time always on probably means no preowned games too and i dont care much for that.

number 6. microsoft are so out of touch with their consumers that they think they can pull off all the above and people will buy it?! well its times like this a community can make a stand and i for one an making one.

as long as adam orth works at microsoft and as long as microsoft build consoles designed to stop people playing preowned games and monitoring all the games people play i have no interest in their creepy console.

the nextbox will be called the observatron-screwthousand or the stalker box
    So it seems these listed here is the usual repeating that's going on in the thread.
    1: paranoid much?

2: Im gonna assume you have a PC can a:watch movies there or b:hook up the TV to the PC and do the same as u would normally or c: This is a scary one but not sit infront of the TV till your net is fixed or d: sit on your PC

3: Sure, about 20 years ago.

4: Are you just grasping for reasons to grasp or?

5: half the time??? Where do you live???

6: yes they will still sell loads as with most internet rants ppl still go buy it after they rant(not saying thats you ofc you might be the hardcore die by their word kinda guy/gal

So with 276 replies, I've still to see a valid reason(not a ton of "ifs" to not buy it because of this. We live in 2013 not 1990. Anyone who can afford a brand new console can sure as well afford a stable connection. Some ppl just wanna complain to complain it seems.

Oh and to the ppl saying it wont do anything for piracy? Really go read some before you make a statement based on facts coming from your behind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    Really? This is 2013.

We're not in the 90's anymore. The only way we'll advance is if we drop support for old bullshit things. You can't do most things today with a dial-up connection from a decade ago, does this mean everyone should cry? Oh wait, dropping support for outdated behavior allowed for more room to improve in major aspects! Games don't support an OS from 1995, do you know why? Yeah, you should by now.

Who the shit uses rented games or used/stolen games anyways? With next-gen tech, we should be going with the future. If you can't afford internet (which is pretty sad), stick to previous-gen consoles, then?

Anyways, I can't believe people are fucking complaining about shit they don't even know is true yet.

Lets start a thread about Titan being shit and we should all complain from now, we don't know anything but we can assume its going to be shit, right?

It's people like you guys that probably pushed Economists to abandon the notion that people are rational, wow.
    People would not complain about this so much if there were any benefits for the consumer for this. There are none. So useless progress is useless.

I dont use them as much as when i was younger but in my oppinion, the whole point of consoles (xbox, sega, nintendo, wii, etc) was to bring people TOGETHER PHISICALY. I remember going to friends houses with my box of cd s and my controller for some crazy nights of gaming, and i had tremendous fun, this was also true with wii -guitar hero saved alot of crap parties and turned them int great ones .
    The whole point in this is the PHISICAL INTERACTION between people, IRL if you will.
    See world of warcraft - i m surounded by 10 million players, but everywhere i turn there are very few people willing to do any social interaction, so most times i just feel alone and bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    Really? This is 2013.

This has nothing to do with any kind of "progress" whatsoever. This is purely DRM bullshit that gets enforced on us cause of pirates because they think this is gonna fix the problem, in reality it doesn't do fuck all to fix the problem, and even creates more problems in its wake(see: D3 launch, Sim City 5 launch), and pirates will always find a way around it(see d3 emulation servers, Sim City 5 offline crack).
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Doubt I'll buy a new console anyways, I'm quite fed up with them(the crappy games more so).

Requiring a constant connection is just dumb and is gonna piss of and drive away lots of potential costumers if this holds true.

Deleted
    I cannot play when my nternet may be broken? I have a disconnect and my game interrupts? No!

Will change to PS4 for 100% if this is true.

With the copyright declines and whatsoever....MS gonna hurt themself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luubox View Post
    You're saying you don't have a constant internet connection already ?
    My connection was out due to maintenance from 1 to 6 last night. Also, even outside of maintenance it's quite common for internet to go out a few times a day.

Yeah, my internet speed is faster than 95% of the world, but it's not exactly stable. So this does bother me. I won't buy the new xbox, that's for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other: Fuck consoles.