Poll: Will you purchase?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole always online thing isnt what bothers me. Its the whole M$ can look in on me at anytime with the kinect camera.

If next X-Box will try to force "always have stable internet" on me then I'll buy one of the other consoles. It's as simple as that. Fortunately, there are other gaming consoles. Rigth now I have both an X-Box 360 and a Playstation 3. I can totally live with only Playstation 4. Playstation, in my opinion, has better games anyway.

I think I am done with consoles myself as well, I just cannot seem to muster the drive to play it when I have my PC.

yes. I like always online. I have fiber Internet.

It seems some people are oblivious to the numerous amount of launch problems that plague always-online DRM games.

Or maybe they don't care, like SirRobin put it.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Consoles are pretty much dead. They are now social-multi-media-devices. I don't care about having netflix on my xbox I just want to play games, that's why I bought a damn xbox! Then suddenly someone tells me I can't play my single player games by myself? No thanks I'll just upgrade my PC.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by QuizTIC View Post
    yes. I like always online. I have fiber Internet.
    It might be a good idea to remember that requiring an internet connection not only requires that your connectivity be good enough. It also requires that Microsoft's connectivity be good enough. Something that was an issue with both Diablo 3 and SimCity. So having that requirement actually adds, at least, two additional potential points of failure to the system.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I will not be buying the new Xbox if it has online only or not, though it would be dumb if it does have that feature.

EDIT: People have a very arrogant attitude towards Always Online systems. Not everyone has Fiber Optic, if it was available in my area I would get it. There is only one provider in my area and it sucks. Also, like (SirRobin) said, it adds two failures to the system. Usually it is on the companies end that fails, SimCity as an example, but that does not rule out your own internet going out.

If I do buy a "next gen" console it will be the Playstation 4, not at launch though. Main reason is because most of the games I play are on the Playstation, plus it seems Sony wants to help indie companies out with selling their games in the PS4.
    Last edited by Nkagnito89; 2013-04-12 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    It might be a good idea to remember that requiring an internet connection not only requires that your connectivity be good enough. It also requires that Microsoft's connectivity be good enough. Something that was an issue with both Diablo 3 and SimCity. So having that requirement actually adds, at least, two additional potential points of failure to the system.
    Pfft, shows what you know about the internet. It's purely and simply magic. Magic going in and out of this strange box I have at my feet... I think I hear the fairies fluttering inside now. And like any kind of magic, there's zero probability of something going wrong with it...

Though I'm being sarcastic, part of me wouldn't be surprised if some people at Microsoft actually thought this... Well, they might as well think it.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.