Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What state are druid in - PvE wise?

Hey there!

I recently got my druid to 90, and want to start hardcore raiding once again after a break on roughly 8 months.

Now its kinda confusing gettting into World of Warcraft again after all the MoP changes, but i'm sowly getting here.

However, i have not been able to talk to some of my old friends yet, but i woud love to know how every specc as a druid are turning out to be in raids?

i remember enhancement shaman late Cataclysm was descriped as "boring" and "too much of the same", and Wonder if these rules apply for druids and what speccs?

Futhermore i want a specc that are actually chosen raids, some speccs are always left out because of how Little they contribute with to the raid(dont know if this was fixed with MoP and the changes to buffs).

So how are guardian, feral, healing and balance doing in raids these days?

Cheers! (misspels might be because of auto-corrects, sorry)
    Last edited by Snixs; 2013-04-07 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    resto druids are decent in 10man, avg in 25..... if u wanna be top of the healin meters go for a paladin

boomkins are decent, some fights our boom is top, others hes middle... depends on the fight, anything he can multi dot will always help

feral / guardian im not sure... favourite tanks atm to have are a paladin and monk normally

they're all good. play what you like

Deleted
    Resto druids bring pure healing, they have not much utility, usually Disc Priests and Holy Paladins are favoured over them.
    I have no idea about Guardian Druids.
    Boomkins seem to be in a good state, competitive on most fights (Maybe not Durumu due to movement). Ferals aren't in a bad place in terms of DPS, however if you want a melee you take a class that can do it better (which is usually rogues) in hardcore raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Balance druids are in a real good spot, Resto are average, guardians/ferals blow balls

People seem to have been living under rocks for the past month, Resto is one of the best healers this tier once they get 4 piece.

Resto is great in 10 man, as you always need the utility from a druid and it doesn't hurt to have 2-3 druids in 10man. They also almost gain no increased healing(compared to every other healing class) from having 25 people to heal instead of 10 so they do good healing too. In 25 man, they are still viable but not that great.

Balance is great overall. Feral is kinda pointless when you can just play boomkin for dps. Guardian druids bring small raid utility compared to other tanks but are great paired with a paladin or a monk.

Resto - Seems great in 10man, but lackluster in 25man.
    Balance - Great in both, mostly in 10man for its utility. Lacks some tools to be 'perfect' (movement dps, sustained aoe without penalizing NG, etc).

Don't really know about guardian and feral (feral seems amazing seeing logs), but they seem very viable aswell.

It seems like you Guys doesn't really agree on what is good and what is not :P

Everything I'm going to say is for 10 man, I haven't done any 25man raiding this expansion and I don't plan to, so it's very possible that it's different.

Resto is pretty strong, that's what I play usually paired up with a Disc Priest or MW Monk, or both, and it seems to go fairly well most of the time. RDruids are in a weird spot right now where the 4pc tier 14 is really really strong, and actually competes nicely with tier 15, and it's fairly easy to get in LFR now with the increased drop rates. So if you're going to play Resto being able to get the strong 4pc from LFR is a huge plus.

Boomkin seems strong, people say it's good DPS and it seems good in logs, when I play Boomkin it goes terribly, but I'm basically just mashing buttons with no real plan. So if you're looking to play Boomkin I'd advise learning what you're supposed to do. It probably helps.

Guardian seems decent, we have a Guardian Druid, Blood DK, and Brewmaster Monk depending on who shows up, and the Druid does well every time. To be honest, all the tanks seems more or less the same this expansion, with only a few differences depending on the fight.

Feral also seems okay, sometimes our Guardian Druid goes Feral when it's either a one tank fight or if the other two tanks are there, and she competes fairly well with everyone else. I don't really see a reason to bring a Feral Druid over a Rogue or something for melee DPS, but Ferals seem to be able to compete and HotW Tranquility is pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    It seems like you Guys doesn't really agree on what is good and what is not :P
    because they're all good

half the threads on this site are 'what spec/class is better', or 'should i reroll' etc. which is hilarious, because anyone who has to ask questions like that is no where near the level where it matters (myself included).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    bbecause anyone who has to ask questions like that is no where near the level where it matters (myself included).
    Hits the nail, if everybody will be playing his spec at possible maximum that would that maybe 5% difference between best and worst tank matter. All specs are fine, if I were you I would ask my Raid leader which spec he needs me to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    Hits the nail, if everybody will be playing his spec at possible maximum that would that maybe 5% difference between best and worst tank matter. All specs are fine, if I were you I would ask my Raid leader which spec he needs me to play.
    Certain class's still provide certain strengths over others.

A paladin tank for example is miles above the rest imo, it does high dps, high mitigation, tons of utility, and the raid healing with vengence is like having an extra healer.

Deleted
    Yes sure, pallys are over other tanks at the moment but that does not mean you cant shine with bear. Guardians also does high dps, high mitigation, tons of utility, and the raid healing with vengence is like having an extra healer. Its just up to you what you can squeeze out of it.

Anyway, if your question is which druid spec to play for raiding, my answer will be to ask your RL.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    play hard what you enjoy and you might be good at it. If you start playing what people say it's good you will never be good at it because you don't have the personnal interest. And btw your noob so just have fun !

Quote Originally Posted by Pacab View Post
    People seem to have been living under rocks for the past month, Resto is one of the best healers this tier once they get 4 piece.
    Can I have some of the crack you're smoking? Resto druids are decent but pally's and priest's blow them out of the water in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    half the threads on this site are 'what spec/class is better', or 'should i reroll' etc. which is hilarious, because anyone who has to ask questions like that is no where near the level where it matters (myself included).
    Don't necessarily agree. Let's face it easily 90% of the population cannot and will not ever perform on a decent level be it because they don't want or can't so having a little extra free damage/healing/whatever actually can help in a casual raiding environment just as well.

A resto druid is decent in 10 man as long as you are two healing content (but even then, Hpal + Disc will be better). If you are 3-healing content a resto druid is a poor choice since we lack the damage output of Disc/Monk and the utility of Dpriest/Hpal/Rsham

In 25 man, we are probably the least useful healer, because our throughput is average at best and our utility is way behind other healers.

Iv not really raided as feral since late wrath did some 5mans in cata but nothing serious. Im now boomkin in mop. i feel there DPS lacks in places and shines in others. now i have 30% crit self buffed and almost 30k spellpower i can almost spam starsurge in some fights were i get loads of procs as of multidots seeing my DPS fly. fights were i need to move alot i drop abit as all i do is spam my most potent dot as of lunar shower.

Resto in 10mans i find personly good. not many people to hot so your WG hits more people (kinda..) so its nice. 25man i feel myself being kinda weak in LFR and such.

Guardian... i hate the way its designed, i feel rage starved and really hate playing the tanking role now. I feel it needs to be changed abit more like the warrior tank. i dont mind that with the shields costs up to 60 rage and then getting rage back kinda fast and just feels to flow alot more then the guardian tank does.

all in all you should play what you personaly think you will enjoy the most, i loved feral and still do but at this time im moving moonkin more. Some people call me a noob for being a moonkin and say its useless. I dont care as long as i like playing it. Once you gear goes up it goes up in DPS alot to, as alot of crit / haste / and its so fun watching4 43636346436346 starsurges fly off. It is annoying when you get back to back procs and are on CD abit :P wish it stacked to 2 or somthing lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Guardian... i hate the way its designed, i feel rage starved and really hate playing the tanking role now.
    If you find yourself rage starving you probably
    > dont gem crit, crit/stam, crit/exp and reforge everything to crit
    > dont keep hit and expertise cap while prioritizing crit as above
    > dont mangle on cd, use lacerate, FF and trash to reset cd of mangle
    > do use maul

If you need quick rage fur building initial threat - thats what is berserk/incarnation for.