Deleted

BG queue's in patch 5.3

Heya all,

So I am wondering, if choosing your spec when you queue for bg, will make it longer for dps to get into bg's.

How is it nowdays, it doesn't matter who you are it always take the same amount of time.

I am wondering if someone tried this on ptr, or has any ideas about how this would work ?

Thanks for any hints.

Have a nice day

Sew

While I can only speculate on the actual queue timer related to how it is now, I would say that I think the overall quality of BGs will increase. Why? There will be an equality of DPS/healers in any said BG. You might not notice it all the time, but I've been in plenty of WSG/TWs were we had no healers, whereas the other team had 3, and then you really do notice it.

I'd rather have a few minutes longer queues for BGs if it means I will have a better time in the BGs I do play.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldnt. And if it will Blizzard will most likely just come up withsomething new, or revert it to the way it was. You simply cant have long queues when you need so much grind for your gear, that would make it take way to long time for people to farm their gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    It shouldnt. And if it will Blizzard will most likely just come up withsomething new, or revert it to the way it was. You simply cant have long queues when you need so much grind for your gear, that would make it take way to long time for people to farm their gear.
    it alrdy take's too long for some people =p that's how BoTs were born

I'll gladly take a few extra minutes in the queue if it means we won't see ABs with 6 healers on one team and 1 healer on the other anymore.

Worth the extra wait (if any). This has been my main gripe with queing for BGs for the longest time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I'll gladly take a few extra minutes in the queue if it means we won't see ABs with 6 healers on one team and 1 healer on the other anymore.
    this a 100% i love to have a balanced group. doing wsg with 10 dps ain't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    this a 100% i love to have a balanced group. doing wsg with 10 dps ain't fun.

Oh, I think it's fun when both teams have 10 dps. The fun stops when one team has 3 healers and an immortal blood dk and the other team has nothing but dps.

OT I hope it won't lead to increased queue times. I don't know what queue times other people have, but I'm normally waiting 5-6 min, sometimes up to 8 min, except during AV cta, then it's almost instant, but still not worth my time (Horde).

Deleted
    i really hope it won't create the issue, like in cata, that you had to wait, like 30 minutes, as dps to get into a dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't wait.

I've been pvp'ing more than usual lately since I got my hunter to 90 recently and it really seems like Alliance teams always have more healers than Horde teams do and often in 10/15 player matches Horde teams can end up with zero or just one healer while Alliance are running around with up to 4 or more.

Even if you get one healer on your team, if that player isn't doing what they're supposed to do (ie. they're fighting midfield instead of supporting flag carrier or something similar) your team is just screwed.

I am hoping this new tool will even up the number of healers per team. I'd gladly wait extra time in queue to not end up in matches like I have been in with no heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I honestly can't wait.

I've been pvp'ing more than usual lately since I got my hunter to 90 recently and it really seems like Alliance teams always have more healers than Horde teams do and often in 10/15 player matches Horde teams can end up with zero or just one healer while Alliance are running around with up to 4 or more.

Even if you get one healer on your team, if that player isn't doing what they're supposed to do (ie. they're fighting midfield instead of supporting flag carrier or something similar) your team is just screwed.

I am hoping this new tool will even up the number of healers per team. I'd gladly wait extra time in queue to not end up in matches like I have been in with no heals.
    I am wondering how will it affect low lvl bg's. In low, mid lvl, some queue for bg's is more then 20 minutes. Some people do twink. So i am wondering, will it affect low lvl bg's much or rather not.

I do not know why but i kinda like low lvl bg's more then high lvl, cannot explained it why.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think if we have to wait a few extra minutes it is worth it. However I am still concerned that people will be queueing for bgs as healers, AND THEN switch specs in prep before the bg(like many many players do now in lfr), just to get faster queues.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Oh, I think it's fun when both teams have 10 dps. The fun stops when one team has 3 healers and an immortal blood dk and the other team has nothing but dps.

OT I hope it won't lead to increased queue times. I don't know what queue times other people have, but I'm normally waiting 5-6 min, sometimes up to 8 min, except during AV cta, then it's almost instant, but still not worth my time (Horde).
    yea was talking about 10 dps vs 1 tank 2/3 healers and the rest dps. also had a ab with 10 healers on there wide. we won but it was a never ending fight at bases and watching out for ninja caps..