Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Both you and Palmolive say this....

You do realize we didn't actually scratch him right? He was conviced because we fought without giving up like mindless puppets. Because we wanted to live. We didn't even touch him.
    He did not have enough power to send the signal after fighting the players. This is because he was drained from fighting us, we did something to him. . .

I think it'd be interesting to see what they could do with with their current engine on Burning Crusade-like models. Burning Crusade is my favorite, so I'd be down with Burning Crusade part 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

We will probably be cleaning out all the old gods next expansion for good, them the one after that we will be fighting the legion.

It's true that we won't necessarily fight Sargeras in a "Burning Legion" expansion, but think of how boring it's going to be fighting the Legion over multiple expansions, which is what would have to happen if we didn't decisively defeat them somehow. How many different "demon" models can you bloody well build? I'm personally sceptical of them being able to make even one more "Legion" expansion without it looking way too much like TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    If you were born in the 80s, then Sargeras is the final boss and you can't imagine the franchise surviving beyond him.

If you were born in the 90s, then it's Arthas.

Any time after that, and it's Old Gods.
    Good lord.

Warcraft - 1994
    Warcraft 2 - 1995
    Warcraft 3 - 2002
    WoW - 2004

In the original Warcrafts the enemy was the Horde/Alliance. Sargeras was briefly mentioned in the back lore as a generic demon. In Warcraft 3 it was massively retconned so that he became the ultimate evil in the game universe, and the Lich King/Scourge was invented (previously the only undead units in game were shitty summonable skeletons, and DKs - a weak ranged caster unit, Horde equivalent of a Mage!). Old Gods of course were mostly invented in WoW although there were proto-faceless in one mission of the War3 expansion.

So there were no "big villains" in the old Warcrafts*, it was Orcs vs. Humans (and in War2, Elves, Trolls, Ogres, Dwarves, Gnomes and Goblins were support units for those sides). You'd have to start playing in 2002 to think it was all about Sargeras and the Lich King, and 2004 to think Old Gods.

*(Except maybe Medivh... who was in one mission in War1 and you kill him with a bunch of footmen lol. Deathwing was in the War2 expansion but he was just a normal dragon back then... and we killed him.)

P.S. If you were playing in the 80s you thought the major villain was the other Pong paddle.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-04-08 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    It may just be me, but as WoW progresses, I can't help but think the Big Bad of the series will be the Titans, not Sargeras.
    I have to agree. The key point to remember is that the Titans are not about good. They're about order. Seeing mere mortals defeat something that even they couldn't bring down may prompt them to look closer into Azeroth and they may not like what they see.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Nice argument. Tell me, if we can stop/destroy a Titan/God what will be stronger than that? This is not Dragonball Z i'm afraid.
    Have you played MoP? Have you seen the story that is made out of nowhere? You think they can't pull shit like that again?

It's like you're not even trying ace94.

The demons and corruption and all that good stuff existed before Sargeras. Sargeras became twisted because he spent so much time wandering between worlds trying to slay all the demons that he became convinced that corruption was the natural order of things after all so he brought structure to the endless horde of demons.

Which means if you killed Sargeras then without it's masters command the restless legion would become an even greater threat to this universe. Control must be maintained, there must always be a Dark Titan.

Deleted
    I really want another space expansion. I mean REALLY want. Modern mechanics combined with that setting would be fantastic.

Ok, so in doing some more reading, I've now convinced myself that some sort of event transpires that makes the orcs n elves leave Azeroth. I'd guess a need for fel magic and perhaps the spreading corruption of Teldrassil, but who knows.

Anyways, I'm now of the mind that this is it for this world, and we now more on to... whatever is next, but somewhere out there.

I'd personally like to see a Burning Legion expansion where we actually visit Argus. That'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    P.S. If you were playing in the 80s you thought the major villain was the other Pong paddle.
    No, it was this fucker, but the pong paddle was definitely close:
    http://t4ak.roblox.com/15e3cff640ffe618d14a4df013d3c406

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    No, it was this fucker, but the pong paddle was definitely close:
    http://t4ak.roblox.com/15e3cff640ffe618d14a4df013d3c406
    Can't forget seeing this when I was a wee tyke: http://www.armchairarcade.com/neo/fi...se.preview.jpg
    Last edited by Aucald; 2013-04-17 at 04:35 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    EverQuest already solved this issue before WoW was even released. In EverQuest the player characters eventually killed the most powerful beings in the universe which caused a universe reset more or less, which caused all new problems to arise for the player characters. That was 10~ years ago, and EQ1 just last year released yet another expansion I believe, and EQ2 continues to have expansions as well. So even if/when we kill Sargeras/The Titans/Whatever there will still be things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Isn't the Burning Legion and it's master (Sargeras) the ultimate evil in the game? If we defeat them then there is literally no point in more expansions since we kind of defeated the worst. It should follow the path of difficulty and ultimately leaving the burning legion as one of the last expansions of WoW.

(Unless Warcraft 4 comes out)

Anyone else agree wtih me?

Me personally am seeing possibly revamp of Outland with some burning legion activity in the next expansion. Since Outland is crying for a new re-constructure and it's the oldest one that hasn't been changed yet. Emerald Dream expansion, South Seas, (other side?) and then the Burning Legion as the last expansion.
    I think the legendary questline is the introduction to the next expansion with Wrathion (your former questgiver/master) being one of the raidbosses. Probably not the mainboss but more acting like an agent for evil.

Furthermore I hope they wont go with itemsquish/ rework of old area's etc. In my opinion is time they start thinking of how they can keep the current characters but move them somehow into a new WoW with an improved engine. Its time to wrap up the current story and begin a fresh one. So new players dont feel like they missed all the good times, but somehow keeping the respect for older players with some acheivements/maybe a mount of two extra to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Well, seeing as Blizz has dropped hints that they're trying to make a habit of "seeding" for the next expansion, it's pretty clear it will be about the burning legion. Will we face Sargeras? Doubt it. Azshara? Possibly.
    If it's Azshara the Expansion idea I have in my Sig I hope comes to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard invented the burning legion, the lich king and the scourge, why couldn't they come up with something else? Really there is nothing set in stone in a made up universe.

We could have an entire expansion where we find out the lich king is puppet for someone else. Sometimes I wonder how people take this stuff for fact. As long as blizzard is making a boat load of money on WOW they will come up with a new big bad and continue to pump out expansions.

I hope the next expansion involves a new planet, new lore ... and includes the Ethereals. Maybe even the Ether's homeworld, if there is one.

Don't think of WarCraft as a finite space. They have a whole universe to utilize, and can pull anything from out of nowhere. It does not even have to be as "threatening" as the last enemy, I mean look at MoP compared to Cataclysm. We went from a dragon literally attempting to rip the planet in half, to walking around with Panda-people and dealing with, at best, old god leftovers.

Remember DBZ? You have a universe spanning empire run by a little weirdo who straight up could blow up planets. How do you beat that? You just pull another out of the hat (Androids) and another (Cell) and another (Buu) and just keep going until you can't make up anything anymore, which pretty much happened in GT when they decided to up and make a evil version of the dragonball Dragon.

I'd say defend ourselves from BL, fight them a bit then get a surprise attack by nagas and Azshara and turn to them + N'zoth, could be great fun all in one expansion

The Titans need to get their asses kicked as well.