Poll: New prof?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Something using leather, skinning is way under used.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    As said, what is needed is a significant revamp of the old professions rather than new ones. Some things I would like to see:

- Profession specific quest lines awarding high quality gear or vanity items.
    - More personal benefits for taking a profession; high end BoP gear, for instance.
    - Reintroduction of specializations with rewards for completing specializations.
    - Merge the gathering professions with their respective crafting professions; Blacksmiths and Engineers automatically get mining, Scribes and Alchemists automatically get Herbalism, etc.
    - Reagent traders similar to Ink Traders for all professions, enabling farming of high level mats to be exchanged for low level ones.
    This...all of this.
    TBC crafting was actually interesting, there was something in the professions that gave them a unique edge (mostly towards gear). I'd dearly like to see a return to crafter specific gear. The whole thing with master sword/mace smither was exactly the right way to go. A weapon you can upgrade with stuff that drops from the current tier of raiding.
    The idea of merging profs - again, not bad. Engineering already has a bit of "scavenge mechanicals for parts". Give them some craftable stuff that needs this loot. Smithing and Engineering could give mining with a few specific extra bits that drop for each flavour (pass as to what).
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2013-04-07 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Peon - Chop down tree nodes and mine special gold nodes to build stuff like a 'portable inn' that lasts 12 hours and lets you log out in for rested xp, but cannot be placed in any existing town and cannot be placed within 100 yards of each other. temp forges and stuff, max level a gilnean wagon mount and so on.
    I'm pretty sure rested works anywhere now, as long as you're offline?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Carpentry and woodcutting - Use an axe to chop down wood on different zones. Make bows, staffs, wands, trinkets and water mounts like boats or flying boats/balloons.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2013-04-07 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'd love a new profession, and have voted yes in the poll, realisticaly it's not going to happen. There's enough going on keeping the current professions interesting to add yet another wrinkle.

If anything I see Blizz taking away restrictions on professions, and allowing you to have all professions as an account wide thing. Simply do anything on any char, and not be restricted by anything but the will to level professions and keep them up to date. There's a ton of potential problems with this, and there'd need to be a decision made what to do with profession bonuses, but I think for most people the game has moved beyond the limiting factor of professions on every toon. Personally I'd miss it though, I love doing profs on my toons and the idea of never having to level professions from scratch again would be a bit of a sad moment.

Woodcutting / Crafting along side player made housing.

I think the new profession will be another secondary one.

Pet Breeding, a card minigame, or maybe even farming.

I would like to see a revamp of the primary professions. Make the craft professions actually allow you to make interesting gear. Like a crafting UI that allows you to customize things like color, model, and stats. You learn colors, models and stats rather than specific recipes. I think there is a little too much cruft in the old professions that can be trimmed; do I really need 3 different ores in outland and northrend and cata content? Can't northrend and cata drop the same herbs? Such things.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I'm pretty sure rested works anywhere now, as long as you're offline?
    Always has worked anywhere but inns get a bonus(2x?) unless they changed that in MoP.

Hmmm a new profession. They basically have everything covered so what about a META profession! Like guild zeppelin/airship building. Requires a god awful amount of stuff from every profession at every level, and you get to float around where ever and duel other zeppelins.

I agree that the existing profs need some TLC before anything else need be added, having one chinky stat boost is basically the sum total of their worth for the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Something using leather, skinning is way under used.
    So basically make leather working useful?
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2013-04-12 at 08:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I think the new profession will be another secondary one.

Pet Breeding, a card minigame, or maybe even farming.

I would like to see a revamp of the primary professions. Make the craft professions actually allow you to make interesting gear. Like a crafting UI that allows you to customize things like color, model, and stats. You learn colors, models and stats rather than specific recipes. I think there is a little too much cruft in the old professions that can be trimmed; do I really need 3 different ores in outland and northrend and cata content? Can't northrend and cata drop the same herbs? Such things.
    In 5.3 you can level herbalism and mining from just pandaria nodes. From what I've seen in a video posted in another thread in this sub forum, you will get 1-3 parts per gather(maybe more, numbers varies with level), and then combine them into a Green Tea Leaf. I think it will work the same way with mining, but I didn't watch the whole movie.
    Surrounded by idiots

Something that uses LEATHER, since skinning is by far the most underused gathering prof now and LW is kinda cr*ppy.

Gonna go with no since I have no idea what the new profession might be and I'd rather see the current ones get some more love. I'll wait and see if Blizz comes up with something neat and hope the current ones get the love they need.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have them revamp existing professions.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to be able to learn all professions on 1 char, I don't like having to swap chars to make X then mail it over. I don't want any more professions added unless they first remove the profession limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Lets add a sherif profession! You run around azeroth cathching bad guys and you get a badge witch increase your stats by 5% or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I can see woodcutting happen.

For Diplomacy, it should be paired with current reputation-able factions and some sort of NPC interaction.
    f.e.
    If you are exalted with the tanaris/bootybay goblins, you can summon your own mercenary that can either heal you, serve as a bank, etc..
    Or it can make you feel special by learning faction/race x language and they would trade and chat with you - and you can fool around with players talking in an foreign language to them
    Or you 'craft' some fancy vanity armor based on faction x dresscode etc.
    YES!All of that and also in the longer run, I think a master diplomat should be able to form groups with races of other factions!

I'd prefer Blizz to revamp the old professions, almost everything up to max level is utterly useless, and 1 tier into the expansion almost all of the maximum-level stuff is too, the only thing professions matter for by now is their perks.

Also do something about the inequality between gathering and crafting profs, maybe add worthwhile perks to gathering profs too, or just roll gathering profs into the matching crafting ones entirely (The way disenchanting is part of enchanting)

Deleted
    Not till they fix the current ones tbh.. they are lacking in fun/desire to actually level them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of profession that uses leather as main use (or is the raw material that is them "milled" to something it uses). This way there is 2 mineral proffs (BS+engi), 2 herbal (alchemy+inscription) and 2 leather proffs (LW+whateveritwillbe)

Deleted
    woodcutting would be cool but whats would be the use for it?

15+ Year Old Account
    since they got rid of the BIS epic craftables from TBC times in my eyes the only 'good' profession is engineering. sure some of the others can be combined to make money from (usually with the gem shuffling or whatever it is) but now that the passive stats are roughly the same for all proffs it comes down to what you can make, which usually is just a filler gear until you hit raids. Engineering has loads of fun stuff and you kinda want ot make all of it! If I didn't like to have most of the professions covered between my various toons I'd be mighty tempted to have engineering on all of them =p