Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Got 4 pieces of loot and 6 secrets of empire off 9 bosses.
    LFR drop rate too high.
    Want to give some luck to me then?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Got 4 pieces of loot and 6 secrets of empire off 9 bosses.
    LFR drop rate too high.
    I've gotten 6 secrets since tot came out running every boss since. Try again

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    OK: My guess is based on what Blizzard set the drop rates at, and it's 16%.

How is that not meaningful?
    Well, I asked how you knew the Blizz set those drop rates and you claimed you had no statistics and that only Blizz had those numbers. So unless you have knowledge you're deliberately withholding just to be difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Well, I asked how you knew the Blizz set those drop rates and you claimed you had no statistics and that only Blizz had those numbers. So unless you have knowledge you're deliberately withholding just to be difficult...
    84% of the time people in ToT LFR are getting a bag, the rest of the time they are getting loot.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-04-09 at 03:06 AM. Reason: clarify wording

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I asked how you knew the Blizz set those drop rates
    They're the same as DS, and they've not been changed.
    and you claimed you had no statistics and that only Blizz had those numbers.
    I don't need statistics when the people who are setting the drop rate tell us what the drop rate is.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    84% of the people in ToT LFR are getting a bag, the rest are getting loot.
    You da man, chaud.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

well apparently 15-16% success chance has been deemed too low by Blizz judging by their plans to make you eventually get a success when it comes to loot. Frankly not surprised, as people can deal with not getting loot if they see it can drop (old LFR) because they see the "carrot" for that brief, shining moment before its back to the stick. With the bags of gold there is none of that so people that have bad RNG get frustrated and come to forums like these feeling like they have no other recourse than to complain and/or give up entirely.

Deleted
    I seem to have great luck on my main, but none at all on any of my alts >.<

Deleted
    Seems like you're just having bad luck. I usually get 1-2 items every week from LFR and that's enough in my opinion.
    As said above though it seems like Blizzard are thinking of implementing some kind of system to increase your chance everytime you don't get loot (if I got it right).

Deleted
    I decided to run my monk through the old raids, MSV/HoF/ToES and hope to get some serious loot, I had 20 elder charms when I started.

I killed all 16 bosses and extra rolled 19 times, that's 35 chances at loot and I got loot 5 times (2x cloak from Protectors but that doesn't change anything), that's a measly 7% which feels really unlucky.

Anyone know the buffed drop% and coin% from old raids? I thought it was quite a bit higher than 7%, but then again, me and luck are not friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    I decided to run my monk through the old raids, MSV/HoF/ToES and hope to get some serious loot, I had 20 elder charms when I started.

I killed all 16 bosses and extra rolled 19 times, that's 35 chances at loot and I got loot 5 times (2x cloak from Protectors but that doesn't change anything), that's a measly 7% which feels really unlucky.

Anyone know the buffed drop% and coin% from old raids? I thought it was quite a bit higher than 7%, but then again, me and luck are not friends.
    old raids are 32% IIRC, so you got seriously unlucky - happens.

I have a hard time being sympathetic to people complaining about getting little to no drops in LFR when LFR isn't demanding. A random dps this past week complained about not getting any drops, yet he was doing < 20k. He would never see anything downed in normal mode, possibly never even see the inside of the instance. Blizzard lobs him a softball so he can clear it all, and he complains that the drop rate isn't high enough (it could be 75%, but if he didn't get his 2her, you'll hear him whine in /instance afterwards, like anyone cares). Do people not remember what it was like before LFR? Looking a gift horse in the mouth imo.

That being said, if there target is 15%, I can understand people being upset about having long droughts. It's the nature of probability, but that doesn't make it less aggravating. At any rate, I thought the implementation to protect against bad luck streaks was slated for 5.3. Hopefully that'll resolve some of the complaining. I just hate to think that once people get accustomed to that, they'll start complaining that that's not enough.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    [T]hat's 35 chances at loot and I got loot 5 times...that's a measly 7% which feels really unlucky.
    5/35=0.142857 (repeating)

14.3% is still quite lower than avg (32%), but it's 2x as high as 7%.
    Last edited by Dole4011; 2013-04-09 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    Well i dint have idea what is the chance of drop in ToT atm i`m sure that coins gives you 15% chance to win something i won actually 2 items from 2 coins used in verry first raid week.Now i dint raid atm but also i dint need the LFR gear mine one outlevel it because of gear upgrades and heroic gear.But still running ToT with 5 characters per week and get one item on one of them which normally is mine main
    I think that chance for drop from loot is somewhere arround 10%

Deleted
    19% is absolutely okay.

Think about it. When you get you gear in maybe 3 weeks, what are you doing in the time after that as a casual, who only raids LFR. There would be a big boredom.

Beside that, I have 5 chars at level 90 now. A hunter as my main, a shaman since last weeks (already ToT available and one item won this week), a rogue, a warrior and a deathknight. I only play the chars I wanna play this week, with that I have a higher chance to receive loot, even if I am not raiding with every char. It is not that time expensive, but overall my chars get equip without noticing, that I have pretty much bad luck in ToT, too. But I won't have boredom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well i dint have idea what is the chance of drop in ToT atm i`m sure that coins gives you 15% chance to win something i won actually 2 items from 2 coins used in verry first raid week.Now i dint raid atm but also i dint need the LFR gear mine one outlevel it because of gear upgrades and heroic gear.But still running ToT with 5 characters per week and get one item on one of them which normally is mine main
    I think that chance for drop from loot is somewhere arround 10%
    The chance for ToT LFR loot to drop is 16%
    The chance for a coin to give loot in ToT LFR/Normal/HC is 16%

In ToES/MsV/HoF (older LFR) the loot and coin chances are double that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    The chance for ToT LFR loot to drop is 16%
    The chance for a coin to give loot in ToT LFR/Normal/HC is 16%

In ToES/MsV/HoF (older LFR) the loot and coin chances are double that.
    Not exactly. They highered the chance from 16% to 19% in ToT compared to the old three raids, while the older raids got the chance doubled to 32%.

This means, you CAN get one item out of 5 bosses. When all bosses are available you have a chance to gain 2 items per week normally. Beside that you have three additional chances to receive an item with the same amount.

Mathematically you have a chance to gain an item of 19,75% per boss. I thinkm that is absolutely okay.

I ended up getting 5 items from LFR this week (2 rings, 1 weapon and 1 trinket and a pet from the last boss of wing 1), yet the previous week I didn't get jack diddly...on my m ain. My alt monk however got 2 trinkets. My alt pally.

Sadly, sometimes you'll just have a run of bad luck. On a mage alt, I had one week where I ran boss HoF and ToES, had a bonus roll on each boss and didn't get anything > I was angry, but its the way it goes, the next week I did score a few upgrades for that toon (Not the ones I wanted, but such is life)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    Not exactly. They highered the chance from 16% to 19% in ToT compared to the old three raids, while the older raids got the chance doubled to 32%.

This means, you CAN get one item out of 5 bosses. When all bosses are available you have a chance to gain 2 items per week normally. Beside that you have three additional chances to receive an item with the same amount.

Mathematically you have a chance to gain an item of 19,75% per boss. I thinkm that is absolutely okay.
    didn't know that - makes sense, have definitely seen an increase in loot drops... 4 or 5 items from LFR already, at least 3 items from bonus rolls on normal o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    One thing I feel should be in place is the fact tot lfr is 502 ilvl gear...the same as t14 crap it should use elder coins not mogu runes.. Mogu runes should be for 522+ ilvl gear.
    Eh what no. 502 is heroic T14 ilevel, LFR is much lower than 502, so the Mogu runes are the right ones to use. People who are spending coins in LFR don't have access to 502 gear. Besides it's a new tier, so new coins.

Deleted
    And beside that, years ago while real raiding I ended up without loots for weeks, too. That is nothing LFR special

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    5/35=0.142857 (repeating)

14.3% is still quite lower than avg (32%), but it's 2x as high as 7%.
    Ah thanks, I always forget which way the calculation goes, haven't used it in forever. 14.3% doesn't suck quite as bad as 7% but still a bit unlucky.

LFR is a joke, I ran it with my MW monk, with sub 4k spirit and 454 equiped itemlevel. I still won most fights (except Garalon, OP priests) and several fights didn't have anything to heal at all, like Protectors where I more or less was AFK until they died.