Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    27 boss kill, 2 loots. (one in the bag, 1 on a boss, the first week it opened)

Very frustrating.

And then half my guild get 2/3 loots per run, love it. Hope i'm gonna get a loot streak soon

10+ Year Old Account
    rng is rng and it is a bitch.

back when my dk first got to 90 before 5.2 i did sha + galleon plus all 5 lfr every week.
    i had 87 kills before i got my first item.
    week after i got 10 items
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    2. Duplicates. These really suck in a system with a relatively low drop chance, and IMO contradict the dev's intent that winning an item should always feel good. Winning an item you already have feels bad.

There was another thread about this and well what I said in that thread I agree which is pretty much get over it. Now, I will agree wholeheartdly what stinks in getting the same gear drop that you already have. Honestly this has happened more to me than say me not gettin alot drops. I don't know if this can be addressed but if so, it would be nice. Otherwise I'm fine with RNG...its LFR for goodness sake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    There was another thread about this and well what I said in that thread I agree which is pretty much get over it. Now, I will agree wholeheartdly what stinks in getting the same gear drop that you already have. Honestly this has happened more to me than say me not gettin alot drops. I don't know if this can be addressed but if so, it would be nice. Otherwise I'm fine with RNG...its LFR for goodness sake.
    We raid 2 times a week and just killed megaera last lockout. I still need lots of loots in LFR, so except for those who already farm ToT normal and/or do heroics, its useful for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    They're the same as DS, and they've not been changed.
    I don't need statistics when the people who are setting the drop rate tell us what the drop rate is.
    I am asking HOW you knew this, not for you to repeat yourself. I got an answer from someone else though.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    84% of the time people in ToT LFR are getting a bag, the rest of the time they are getting loot.
    You da man, chaud.
    So when I asked if there were actual numbers available, this would have been the number you should have given me instead of "no, only Blizzard has them", for future reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    ISo when I asked if there were actual numbers available, this would have been the number you should have given me instead of "no, only Blizzard has them", for future reference.
    You do know that he's either quoting the numbers from Blizzard or the WoWhead client, right?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

mature and reasonable as you are.

I feel so unlucky i ran all of the TOT lfr parts back to back in the same night this week and used coin's on the boss's with best gear for me and got nothing , not even on my coins , that is 0 items for all 3 parts sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Zaralis View Post
    I feel so unlucky i ran all of the TOT lfr parts back to back in the same night this week and used coin's on the boss's with best gear for me and got nothing , not even on my coins , that is 0 items for all 3 parts sigh
    You have to take the long view. Runs of bad luck will very likely eventually be followed by runs of good luck. Train yourself to remember the latter and not focus on the bad parts, and things will seem better.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

People could go out and spend 10k+ gold on a 496 items, which take effort. Or spend no money or significant time, and have a good chance at free 502 items.

Why are people complaining again?

My warrior has been 90 for one day.. Already at 496 ilvl.. Lfr has been good to me

i agree that those of us who have ridiculous strings of bad luck, a buff would be nice. Currently i just came back from 3 month break, i missed first month of LFR 5.2, the day i came back and ran LFR i got 2 items, its been 3 weeks now since, and not a single drop, 3 coins per week (9 bosses +3 coins = 12 chances a week) so of the 12 chances at 1 item i got 0, if you want to look at it that way.

On top of that, i also agree that winning the same item just gets silly, i went the entire 5.0 LFR cycle for leishi went every single week, dropped a coin every single week, and never seen the gun drop...ever...i even have the legendary gem in my bank, when tot came out i went back and i run Leishi every week now also, and still nothing, i am stuck using a blue heroic gun that i got a few weeks into 5.0, I've never seen a weapon drop...sucks

On leishi i went 1 week and got a shoulder tier token, i was like yay an item, of course i roll a coin just for maybe another drop, and he gives me a SECOND shoulder token...lame..as a hunter multiple tokens are worthless...the very next week i win nothing from leishi, i roll a coin, a THIRD token...just so ridiculous

Weapons seem to be much lower overall than armor, i got 2 items in 4 weeks in tot, (gloves, and shoulders) and i see every hunter i inspect has the bow or crossbow, its frustrating.

On a last note, i think the lootbags should contain say 20-30 valor in them, so at least then can get a little closer to the cap even if we don't win anything, 9 bosses thats only an extra 180 valor for a clear of all 3 wings, or increase the initial clear bonus to like 200, that way can at least get some valor 522's if we get such long streaks of bad luck at least we could save up for something, the valor system right now i feel just nickel and dimes us, 5 valor per quest? 45 valor for a re-clear of a raid?

/endrant

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    And when you factor in the millions that run LFR, that chance closely approaches 4/25.

If the chance isn't 4/25 on average, what are you suggesting it is? Beacuse Blizzard haven't changed it since DS with the exception on 5.0LFR chance doubling.
    Yes and no... Because one can't simply add numbers, and say "well you'll hit that"... This would be for the same reason that if one per chance managed to roll tails on a coin 1,000 or 1 million times in a row, the chance would still always be 50/50, one wouldn't be guaranteed to get a heads.

Now in normal, you get the loot, it drops for the 10 or 25, and the loot is there. The chances of someone, getting something is greater, because though it might not be useful to you, it might be useful to the tank or healer. But now, because the chance on a drop is unique to you, all of a sudden there's the chance that it would roll healer gear for the hunter, cloth for the tank. You get gold, and he gets gold; but if it worked as it does in 10 or 25 man, someone would get something. I do, tbh, prefer the gear drop chances in normal over lfr, same with the world bosses like nalak, sha, gal, oon, etc. The current system does kinda suck in that regard, though my luck in 5.2 was better then it has been in 5.3, tbh. Each person having a separate, and independent chance, is not necessarily equal to the same thing, as a group drop occurs, it is what it is, and everyone rolls or uses DKP against it.

Now, one might wonder why anyone would care, if one was in norm, but then again, as a matter of gearing up as one's guild is progressing. If items are 489 or 496, a slight increase all around would benefit the guild raid one's in (part of the preparation for raid, is doing this stuff), especially as they're making progress through normal, but hasn't got the whole raid on farm yet... This can especially hold, where it's a matter of getting tier set bonuses for instance, with the contribution the set bonus can bring to the table... Now yes, we'd be talking a stepping stone, as the 522 gear is better, but as it can help contribute to perhaps getting that next boss down that a group was having trouble on, along with of course working the encounter out in normal, it isn't a useless consideration at the time...

All in all, I do prefer the loot system in normal; but and this said, if one has an iLvl of 497, 502, or 506, and one IS raiding, you don't just up and not run LFR, and depend solely on the guild raids for gear either. You're specifically running them, in part to be even better geared for the next raid you'll be going to, in which case part of the frustration with the bad luck, is that you won't have it to help benefit your actual group that week... In this way it often works out however, that it's just gold, gold, gold, and more gold. And when one's looking for an up, it only seems to drop AFTER one has the 522 and doesn't need it anymore, while another gear slot happens to be the one that could have still used an upgrade. The oft chance "good luck" being only when it's a downgrade many a time...
    Last edited by Nuadormrac; 2013-08-02 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been changes since this point (bad streak protection) and the rates have been buffed for pre 5.3 so I'm going to close this necro.