Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    dont worry on your 6th 90 it starts to grow on you. i have 12 90s not worth it since the whole endgame settings allows you to keep up with like max 3 chars in mop
    There will be no 6th. D: ever.

OMG its so grindy... whine whine whine. i have 10 90's and working currently on 2 others. most of mine are all alliance to so its literally the same quest and everything. if u don't want to do it then don't do it. i for one have no problem doing the same quests again and again and every toon is different and requires different ways to defeat the mobs. i have every profession maxed as well and took the time to grind those too. some don't mind it others can't do it. if you're those that can't then as stated just don't. stick to your ones you have. IF you really really want a specific class then guess what.... you have to stick to it, nothing is easy or free, if it was it wouldn't be worth the time it took to get it.

Deleted
    thats a lot of levelling to do really :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    OMG its so grindy... whine whine whine. i have 10 90's and working currently on 2 others. most of mine are all alliance to so its literally the same quest and everything. if u don't want to do it then don't do it. i for one have no problem doing the same quests again and again and every toon is different and requires different ways to defeat the mobs. i have every profession maxed as well and took the time to grind those too. some don't mind it others can't do it. if you're those that can't then as stated just don't. stick to your ones you have. IF you really really want a specific class then guess what.... you have to stick to it, nothing is easy or free, if it was it wouldn't be worth the time it took to get it.
    Different ways of beating up a mob isn't really a good motivator... Sure on my warlock I fry them and on my rogue I stab them, but that doesn't really make it more enjoyable.

But you are right about the working for something part. +

I find whenever I rush trying to max out a toon I end up bored once I hit 90 where I wanted to be with them the whole time. I try to take the leveling a bit slower and enjoy it. Instead of tackling a zone i'll go between a couple of them and do a little here and a little there. Helps to break it up some.

10+ Year Old Account
    My tip is to not rush it, pick it up every now and then and use full rested xp at all times. Use buffs such as the darkmoon +10% xp one. When I don't stress about it it's much less terrible. I have 10 90's and when I get a group for herald of the titans my warrior will be too.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Yeah. When you do it 3rd, 4th, etc. time, you learn quests and start doing them automatically. Just turn on some music or TV and forget about grind - just do it. Dailies much more worse. Belive me.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-04-07 at 07:19 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Hilde View Post
    My tip is to not rush it, pick it up every now and then and use full rested xp at all times. Use buffs such as the darkmoon +10% xp one. When I don't stress about it it's much less terrible. I have 10 90's and when I get a group for herald of the titans my warrior will be too.
    This is what I did with my mage, got 85-88 in 2 days, then stretched the rest out over about a month.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    i too got burnt out on leveling, am still burnt out on leveling and I wanted to play my monk at end game for awhile now but just don't want to level him
    i leveled him from 80 to a sliver of a bar to 86 now just from pet battles lol, thats how much i am done questing

You might want to take a break and do something else in the meantime. Being so burned out isn't promising when you wanna play endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I dunno, it just feels like it takes to long with so little variety, just feels far to lineal.
    I agree that Mists leveling isn't very fun (imo) but Cataclysm questing was far more linear than anything MoP has to offer. As such I don't think linearity in questing was ever the problem.

I personally think that with the amount of dailies most people do at max level, people just can't be arsed to do it all over again on a new character from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This may be obvious..but.. like...don't do it?

You pay monthly for something you don't enjoy? You come here to make a thread on it? It is not rocket science. This is supposed to be your hobby. You are supposed to have fun. Stop it and do sth else if you hate it so much. How hard can it be?
    No, the problem is, endgame is tons of fun.

But there is an obstacle which is repetitive if you want to play another class: leveling

Now of course leveling should not be removed or made easier, this is current content, but it's very linear imo.

bot, noway to be banned

hf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    bot, noway to be banned

hf
    Yesway, :P when you get reported.

What the hell is "linear" supposed to mean anyway? MoP is probably the most non-linear leveling content in WoW. You can literally go wherever you want as long as you meet the level requirements. Neary all quest hubs are independent from each other, which is radically different from Cata, where every damn thing was scripted back and forth.

Seriously, what do you want? Pre-made lv90ies? All you have to do is do a few quests here and there. Eventually, you'll be there. If you don't feel like it at all, then don't do it, but I think you should simply accept that if you aren't willing to put some time into it, you can't have another max lv character, just as you can't have a full epic geared toon if you never raid. Where's the problem.

In fact, it's actually a good thing that it does take a little while, as it only prevents you from running the same endgame content simultaneously on several toons. It keeps things fresh and keeps characters on differerent stages of the game. That would be the next thing you'd be whining about: how the dungeons and raids are sooo boring and how the endgame content is sooo repetitive and how there's not enough different stuff to gear up with.

That's a major problem with the short attention span and lack of patience with people today. They're simply not able to keep something for later and must have everything NOW. It really breeds borderline bipolar behaviour between manic and hyperactive and bored and burnt out.
    Last edited by Pull My Finger; 2013-04-07 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    What the hell is "linear" supposed to mean anyway? MoP is probably the most non-linear leveling content in WoW. You can literally go wherever you want as long as you meet the level requirements. Neary all quest hubs are independent from each other, which is radically different from Cata, where every damn thing was scripted back and forth.

Seriously, what do you want? Pre-made lv90ies? All you have to do is do a few quests here and there. Eventually, you'll be there. If you don't feel like it at all, then don't do it, but I think you should simply accept that if you aren't willing to put some time into it, you can't have another max lv character, just as you can't have a full epic geared toon if you never raid. Where's the problem.

In fact, it's actually a good thing that it does take a little while, as it only prevents you from running the same endgame content simultaneously on several toons. It keeps things fresh and keeps characters on differerent stages of the game. That would be the next thing you'd be whining about: how the dungeons and raids are sooo boring and how the endgame content is sooo repetitive and how there's not enough different stuff to gear up with.

That's a major problem with the short attention span and lack of patience with people today. They're simply not able to keep something for later and must have everything NOW. It really breeds borderline bipolar behaviour between manic and hyperactive and bored and burnt out.

Must you take things to extremes?

No, in Northrend you could just as well start at another place, nothing was scripted.

I didn't even touch Borean and I could enter and quest in Dragonblight just as well.

No, I don't want instant 90,s, this was never the case, you just overdramatize it.

Yes, several toons which all have different abilities, looks and themes IS fun.

Deleted
    The day I realized I started feeling sick to my stomach whenever the LFG thing popped up, knowing that it'd be the monastery or the palace again, was the day I realized I don't need more lvl 90's! Whose bright idea was it to have only 4 levelling dungeons for the last 5 levels? 80-85 at least had 7.