[Balance] HOTW what is the proper way to dps as mooncat

hey quick ? i want to try and use HOTW mooncat on drumu during the maze phase i always seem to end up in lunar during this phase and i do not like casting starfire seems to take way to long and i get to close to the beam so i wanted to try out the mooncat. i do have the heroic polearm off of spirit kings. i was wondering what the rotation would be to get the best dps out of it.

Keep Rake up, Mangle to 5 and Ferocious Bite.

As far as I remember Mangle, Rake and Bite are the only spells you get.

15+ Year Old Account
    While you're waiting on energy regen, you'll want to refresh DoTs if they drop as well.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Is it really worth going mooncat during the maze phase? i hate it being close to boss as everyone clusters up and i might hit the "wall" of death :P but if its a DPS increase i might try it out on wednesday (as we already killed it)

Deleted
    Its definitely a dps increase but not needed if your raid is not struggling with damage. You can pull out acceptable dps even in balance, just make sure you start in eclipse and spam eclipsed dot while running. Maintain other dot and fish for SS procs. If you get outta eclipse Savage roar (communicate with raid) and Feline swiftness allows you to hardcast to get to another eclipse and repeat.

If it is not needed I would not risk and mooncat if you are not get used to melee on that fight and keep HOTW for emergency healing.

How about keeping Lacerate up as well? Should it be used at all and if so, all 3 stacks? I worry about trying to juggle 4 different dots but if the dps is there, so be it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lacerate can cause somewhat of a threat issue, due to the massive increase to damage and the 500% threat modifier from Bear. Plus, Mangle and Maul are generally better uses of your GCDs if you're not shifting back out to Moonkin to reapply DoTs, since Lacerate's damage is fairly puny by comparison.

Deleted
    Lacerate spam is loss of gcd for bear form and those lacerates..

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone tests this please post the numbers here. I personally doubt it will be all that much more dps than being in moonkin form so I haven't bothered trying it.
    "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin." - William Shakespeare

~ Sig and Avatar by Shyama <3 ~

Deleted
    You will pull more dps when constantly moving - like Durumus maze. I dont have a chance to test it now (and I didnt bothered before) but in resto I am pulling with popped hotw like 130k dps (mf dot+wrath spam) during hero so I am expecting numbers might be similar - 100k dps with no other pops, while eclipsed dot spam+ss procs are giving you like 50-60k ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    Lacerate can cause somewhat of a threat issue, due to the massive increase to damage and the 500% threat modifier from Bear. Plus, Mangle and Maul are generally better uses of your GCDs if you're not shifting back out to Moonkin to reapply DoTs, since Lacerate's damage is fairly puny by comparison.
    If you're pulling aggro off your tanks for being in Bear Form for a couple seconds minutes into the fight your tanks have got a serious l2p issue.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't disagree Aggixx, but you would be surprised just how much threat you can produce with a critting-HotW Mangle and a ticking Lacerate whilst in Bear Form. It's not insignifcant by any means.

Back when I was using this, we did have significantly worse tanks than we do now and pulling threat was a real danger. Nowadays, the tanks we have are much better and it would probably be pretty safe (in fact, I think they'd welcome it if it did make threat more challenging!).

Deleted
    You can still cast in durumu maze, why would you just dot and fish for SS procs? Just do a normal rotation, and move as little as possible.