Poll: I can't let GC get away with that last blue post! Did you enjoy ToC? Favorite bosses?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    ToC was terrible. Also, the poll percentages add up to like 146% /boggle

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    ToC was terrible. Also, the poll percentages add up to like 146% /boggle
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be a safe bet to say Ulduar was the player favorite in terms of raids. I personaly have never met a person who disliked it, that is to say they are not out there but they seem to be few and far between.

Deleted
    I loved the bosses in ToC. The instance itself and the looks of the gear, not so much. Those were horrible. So I pretty much agree with GC on this one.

TC mostly everybody hatted ToC, gear looked like rushed crap, encounters were kinda bad (I liked Jaraxus tough) and Anu Barack didnt get the raid he deserved (wich shouldve been Azjol Nerub). I do love the fact that it had no trash tough, trash is terrible, I think raids should have very little to no trash all the time.

I didn't HATE ToC, it was just so fucking boring, it really shouldn't of been an entire raid tier by ITSELF, it would of been better used in conjunction with another raid (like the pinnacle one or azjol nerub we were promised)

One of the reasons I liked it was because you didn't have to wade through a bunch of pointless trash to get to the bosses. Quick, simple, and to the point. Faction Champs to this day are still my favorite encounter. They took skill instead of standing there going through the same redundant motions that we go through with every boss encounter. Split up, group up, don't stand in that, etc. It's always the same story with every boss. Just different mechanics. If I watch the video for almost any encounter, I can almost do it blindfolded on the first run. Well, if I didn't need to see health bars.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHA "ToC was lame" is tearin it up on the poll!
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Overall, tier 9 was a turd. The Argent Tournament contends with Molten Front for worst daily quest hub ever (I give the nod to Molten Front, personally, but it's close). It threw fuel on the fire that was the trend of pve items being dominant/mandatory for competitive pvp (trinkets come to mind). The encounters themselves were ok; faction champs being the most memorable and enjoyable to me.

The instance does house one of my all time great raid memories: Completing Tribute to Insanity 10 man with a rogue evasion tanking Anub'arak as I ankhed and used all my cds to blast away the last 1-2% remaining so that we got the kill...this all coming just after another guild group had a sub 30% wipe on Anub, ending their Insanity run. One of those "you had to be there" moments.

But to further enforce how big a turd ToC was, the person that won the mount that night then promptly deleted their entire wow account 2-3 weeks later and never returned. It would be a mount that even doing Insanity runs in full ICC heroic gear, I would not win. FML. Hoping it would show up on BMAH one day, but being it would flag someone for Tribute to Insanity FoS, I'm not sure it would come up or not.

Further exacerbating ToC's turdiness, it was the followup act/raid to Ulduar. Not to mention it cut the Ulduar tier rather short (in fact I believe ToC was current as long as Ulduar was...wtf?). Tier gear from there was pretty lackluster (especially with the plate all being recolors of each other).