Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PVP trinket should have a reduced Cooldown timer

why do i think this because they have added so much cc since the trinkets cam in classic wow, back then 2 minutes was ok but now it needs to be atleast toned back to 1 minute cos if i break frost nova im then feared then cced some more then stunned by a rogue or a druid or pretty much any class.

TBH i think they should remove the cooldown entirely and make it use 45 - 50% of your resource i,e mana,rage,runes etc

but it seriously needs a change with the amount of cc in the game, i think they should remove alot of the cc cos as a warrior or dk that i play i cant do nothing most of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just remove it along with any other cc breaker in the game (root/fear/slow/hex/sheep/silence /stun anything).
    Abilities that break cc, is partly the reason we have so much cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Or just remove it along with any other cc breaker in the game (root/fear/slow/hex/sheep/silence /stun anything).
    Abilities that break cc, is partly the reason we have so much cc.
    No. Not at all. Not in the least.

The pvp trinket is adjusted for tBC levels of CC. We've seen an exponential increase in the amount of crowd control since then. The CD should have been decreased back in WotLK.

And the trinket should really be baseline by now. Give Humans a pve dps racial to compensate.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    How about you don't trinket nova and let your healer dispel it? Trinket is, and should be 2 mins cd. With the absurd level of def cds in this game it's sometimes impossible to defeat certain comps, this would make it even worse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    why do i think this because they have added so much cc since the trinkets cam in classic wow, back then 2 minutes was ok but now it needs to be atleast toned back to 1 minute cos if i break frost nova im then feared then cced some more then stunned by a rogue or a druid or pretty much any class.

TBH i think they should remove the cooldown entirely and make it use 45 - 50% of your resource i,e mana,rage,runes etc

but it seriously needs a change with the amount of cc in the game, i think they should remove alot of the cc cos as a warrior or dk that i play i cant do nothing most of the time
    It was 5 min as far as I remember, 2 min was introduced in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazookaberit View Post
    It was 5 min as far as I remember, 2 min was introduced in TBC.
    Yup that's correct!

And the trinket cd could be lowered 15-30seconds tbh, it wouldn't do THAT much but still enough to give healers a chance when their sac is on cd to get out of cc. Since there is an absurb about of it in the game atm.

Honestly WOW just needs a system where the most CC's you get hit with, the more resistance to subsequent CC's you get. And not just stuns reduce stuns or fears reduce fears, because all you have to do is use a wide variety and still keep people locked down for unreasonable amounts of time and it isn't hard to do at all anymore these days.

Put all CC's on the same diminishing returns.

Reducing the CD on the trinket, even to 1 minute, doesn't really help when you have half a dozen classifications of CCs all on different DR's that they can just throw on you in sequence.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trinket nova? Whut?
    I agree it needs a lower cooldown, probably not 1 minute, more like 1.5. But you should never be trinketting novas, really.

But yeah. 1.5 min cd, IMO. Or make resil lower duration of CC's (in full tyrannical like 10-15%) so its not too much, but it'd help. The problem, as can be seen with additions such as Desecrated Ground and Nimble Brew in MoP, is CC/CC breakers is just an arms race.

Split CC into two categories (physical and magic) and DR accordingly. If that doesn't give enough CC, set the DR duration levels to 66%/33% instead of 50%/25%.

If you think CC is bad now, I remember a time when three guild priests spam-mindcontrolled a horde rogue with Thunderfury for 20minutes and used it to auto-attack gank all the lowbies trying to run into BRD. We also drowned a warrior at the bottom of a lake. Happy days (kinda).
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-04-15 at 10:01 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    I wouldnt have a problem with the cd of trinkets if they just fixed the amounts of instant cc in the game.
    I have no issues with a casted cc or even cc that becomes instant after you active a cooldown for it (Nature's Swiftness for instance).

But having classes packed with instant ccs is just stupid and is ruining the game. Either tone down the retarded damage or remove
    the instant cc from the game and it would be fine. We cant have both and have a fun game..

A possible solution would be to simply reduce it's CD is reduced by the same amount of time you are cc'd.

Example:
    Player X get's sheep'd, uses PvP Trinket (2min CD from now)
    Player X get's DF instantly after PvP Trinket (1:56 CD now)
    Player X get's Cyclone'd (1:50 CD now)

That way you get a higher CD reduction vs. Comps that have a buttload of CC while comp's with less CC's aren't affected that much.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to love in TBC when I playe da resto druid in 3s with a frost mage and a SL/SL lock, the control we had over enemy teams was a thing of beauty, between sheet, slows, fears, roots and cyclone we could usually keep 2 people controlled while we killed the third...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I used to love in TBC when I playe da resto druid in 3s with a frost mage and a SL/SL lock, the control we had over enemy teams was a thing of beauty, between sheet, slows, fears, roots and cyclone we could usually keep 2 people controlled while we killed the third...
    You like playing overpowered classes/specs then i take it :P As a gladiator sl/sl-warlock im pretty happy about those times not being here anymore.
    That shit was one of the most retarded things in wow pvp. Too bad that im one of the worst specs atm as affliction tho. I guess you cant have everything ;D

Deleted
    oh yeah it was 5 minutes in classic i just forgot been ages since i played classicw ow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    No. Not at all. Not in the least.

The pvp trinket is adjusted for tBC levels of CC. We've seen an exponential increase in the amount of crowd control since then. The CD should have been decreased back in WotLK.

And the trinket should really be baseline by now. Give Humans a pve dps racial to compensate.

sounds like a good idea!
    what about if using the trinket made you immune to CC for 3seconds after use? or would that be to op? what seems to happen a lot at the moment if you trinket one CC, and you're instantly in another.

---------- Post added 2013-04-15 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post

in wotlk me and my friend use to queue as 2x resto druid and usually win :\ we could CC one guy for so long and slowly kill another, all at the same time when healers could never go oom

I just wish they would make CC's break to damage more easily, I swear I've been a target of burst while in a hex/fear for a whole 7 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    I just wish they would make CC's break to damage more easily, I swear I've been a target of burst while in a hex/fear for a whole 7 seconds
    not really noticed it with hex, but fear i have. did they increase the damage threshhold since cata or something? ive never been killed a in fear luckily, but taken down to low health because of it not breaking.

not too sure, never really noticed it too much till MoP though, probably cause your in one every arena now though.

There is A LOT more wrong with CC in this game than simply the CD of the trinket. I can't bring myself to PvP anymore because CC is so insanely prevalent that the whole strategy behind winning is simply not allowing the other team to play the game. I really wish we would have no CC more than 3 seconds, but on the other hand I am not sure how you could deal with healers in such a scenario.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    A possible solution would be to simply reduce it's CD is reduced by the same amount of time you are cc'd.

Example:
    Player X get's sheep'd, uses PvP Trinket (2min CD from now)
    Player X get's DF instantly after PvP Trinket (1:56 CD now)
    Player X get's Cyclone'd (1:50 CD now)

That way you get a higher CD reduction vs. Comps that have a buttload of CC while comp's with less CC's aren't affected that much.
    That sounds amazing if they could work it out.