Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Transmogrify From Bank and VS, VoidTransmog Addon, Blue Tweets, Setup of the Month

Whimsyshire Also to Benefit From Density Changes, Idea For the Treasure Goblin Alert, Community Commentary: Public Enemy #1, Tokio's Tri-Gen Palm Monk

Patch 5.3 - Transmogrify From Bank and Void Storage
    Patch 5.3 adds the ability to transmogrify to items that are located in your bank or Void Storage without having them in your bags! The last update we got on Void Storage space was a no to more slots.

Addon - VoidTransmog
    The ability to transmogrify from your Void Storage is already live, but not built in to the default UI. The VoidTransmog addon allows you to transmogrify to anything currently in your Void Storage.

You can open the Void Storage window when at a transmogrification NPC by pressing the Void button on the transmogrify window, then selecting an item from Void Storage and applying it to the correct slot. The items don't appear in the normal flyout selection menu, so you must select the item and then slot.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Reputation / Questing
    Any plans to allow players to complete dailies and other quests while in a raid group? Current design is annoying.
    We would like too, yes. We just don't want to splash credit to the whole raid. (Source)
    This isn't rocket science. Group credit applies only to group even while in raid. Problem solved! Why so hard to understand?
    1) We'd like for groups in raids to go away. 2) Easy to understand and easy to implement are not the same. (Source)

So does this mean we can expect 2x10^10 dailies in every expansion from now on? and have those dailies gate everything?
    Have you played 5.2? (Source)
    But why is every major patch "New dailies hub and..." but no dungeons. Seems like lack of creativity.
    Production-wise, dungeons don't compete with quests or scenarios. Dungeons compete with raids. (Source)

In vanilla, questing was what you did sub-level cap. Raiding level cap. Completely different now. Better? Unsure
    In vanilla, you did questing. Then a tiny percentage of players also did raiding. Now most player raid (at least LFR). (Source)
    Doesn't stop repetitive content from being repetitive.
    I agree. All content gets repetitive. It's impossible to design content faster than players can consume it. Hence, repetition. (Source)

can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them.
    The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose. (Source)

Misc
    Essentially, we want WoW to feel more like fine dining and less like fast food. Please don’t take this simple analogy to ridiculous lengths. (Source)
    What about aiming to be a food truck? High end trucks can be a great mixture of convenience, taste, and atmosphere.
    Love them, but they aren't that convenient. Here in OC the lines are always long. (Source)

But sometimes, you don't have time for fine dining. you want a quick bite so you can do more important stuff afterwards.
    And you can play WoW in very small chunks. You just can't achieve every reward in small chunks. (Source)

the busy working person rarely has time for a fine dining meal though. Perhaps allow that person the ability to succeed
    We try to solve that by letting you accomplish something even in very small chunks. You just can't accomplish everything then. (Source)

soooooo are we getting giant talent trees again since this new talent system is like fast food
    I'd argue the opposite. The older trees had a lot of empty calories. The newer ones are like tapas - small with depth. (Source)

Fine dining is more about the experience. You spend a little time there. You soak it in. (Source)
    In the case of alts though (re flightpaths) the same great meal gets boring and bland after having it over and over again.
    I agree, but I'll refer to my comments last week: if your alt is so caught up that you don't need to play it, what's the point? (Source)

How about making wow more like an amusement park, where there's a little bit of everything & you CHOOSE what you want to do?
    In WoW, players tend to just pick whatever has the shortest line, not what is the most fun (and then get grumpy about that fact). (Source)

Don't let people's hate over certain features bother you too much. No one is holding a gun to their head and making them play.
    It doesn't bother us. We just like to understand the feedback and in turn try and explain a bit why things were designed. (Source)
    We'll support playing the game almost any way you want. We won't guarantee that your preferred way is the most efficient way though. (Source)

Why are hotfixes often implemented before being announced seems like it would confuse players
    Getting a hotfix applied takes a lot of people. Making an announcement takes a lot of different people (in different time zones). (Source)
    Sometimes we'd rather get the fix out ASAP even if the message lags behind. Not ideal though. (Source)

wondering, what would you say are the top 2-3 changes to the SDLC that have led to increased patch delivery?
    Better planning. More realistic schedules. More people (it's hard to hire enough good folks, but we're getting there.) (Source)

I think "overly literal" is the better way to describe "too rational", imo.
    Perhaps. It's this strange perception that if we get caught in a gotcha that we'll be forced to make a change. (Source)

What mistakes? Mists has been a blast. My only complaint is I don't have time to do everything.
    Here are a few at launch: G Lotus felt too mandatory. Progression / rewards at 90 were not clear. PvP balance needed much work. (Source)

Computers - Setup of the Month (by chaud)
    Each month or every 2 months, depending on the hardware evolutions, the lovely chaud will work on a couple of hardware setups for those of you who are thinking of upgrading their computer!

This month
    The current SSD prices seem to have bottomed out for now, with almost all SSDs under $1 per gigabyte when on sale. No new CPUs, GPUs, or SSDs worth waiting for are expected before late in the second quarter this year. RAM prices have been increasing for the past few months, so if you were thinking about adding RAM anytime soon, now is the time.

Unless you are doing a lot of video rendering or something that is similarly multithreaded, you do not need the 3770K and should spend that money elsewhere.

Make sure to keep your AMD and Nvidia drivers up to date.

Don't hesitate to post any feedback in the comments of that news post, and don't forget to visit the Computer Forum for any extra questions! If you are interested in Folding@home, take a look in our team's thread.

Peripherals/Monitors
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    MonitorAsus VS229H-P 21.5" LED IPS Monitor - $140ASUS VS248H-P 24-Inch Monitor - $180
    KeyboardKensington Pro Fit Media Keyboard - $18Cyborg V.5 - $48
    MouseLogitech G400 - $35Razer Deathadder - $47
    SpeakersCreative A220 2.1 Speaker System - $30Logitech Z313 Speaker System - $42
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    MonitorASUS VE278Q 27-Inch - $295HP ZR2440W 24-inch (IPS Panel) - $359
    KeyboardLogitech G510 - $94Razer BlackWidow (Backlit)- $76 ($133)
    MouseLogitech G500 - $49Razer Naga (Buttons on the Side) - $71
    SpeakersLogitech Z323 2.1 Speaker System - $60Logitech Speaker System Z523 - $75

Puppy and Dolphin
    Mix and match anything but the CPU/Motherboard combo between Puppy and Dolphin. Pick one of the two CPU/Motherboard combos.
    ComponentPuppy Dolphin
    CaseNZXT GAMMA Classic - $37NZXT GAMMA Classic - $37
    Power SupplyCorsair CX500 - $58XFX Core Edition PRO 550W - $58
    CPUAMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition- $85AMD FX-6300 - $133
    HeatsinkCooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - $28Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - $33
    MotherboardASUS M5A97 R2 AM3+ 970 - $95ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ 990FX - $135
    MemoryKingston HyperX Blu 4GB 1333 - $318GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $67
    Graphics CardASUS 7770 - $109Gigabyte 7850 2 GB or Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 2GB - $211 / $190
    Hard DriveWestern Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - $60Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB - $90
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23
    Total$526$766 - 787

Narwhal and Unicorn
    All of these parts can be mixed and matched to create a build between Narwhal and Unicorn. SSDs are always optional.
    ComponentNarwhal Unicorn
    CaseCooler Master HAF 912 - $50Cooler Master HAF X - $170
    Power SupplyCorsair 650TX V2 - $87Corsair 750HX - $130
    CPUIntel i5-3570K - $210Intel i7-3770K - $310
    HeatsinkThermaltake Frio - $58Noctua 6 NH-D14 - $81
    MotherboardASUS P8Z77-V LK - $124ASUS P8Z77-V - $176
    Memory8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $6716GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 - $129
    Graphics Card7950 OR GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti - $330 / $280Gigabyte 7970 OR GIGABYTE GTX 670 - $400 / $380
    Hard DriveWestern Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $90Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black - $90
    SSDSAMSUNG 840 128GB (Review) - $100
    OR
    Plextor 128 GB M5 Pro (Review) - $133
    Intel 330 180GB (Review) - $125
    OR
    SAMSUNG 840 Pro 128GB (Review) - $139
    DVDAsus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23Asus 24X SATA DVD+/-RW - $23
    Total$989 - $1172$1614 - $1648

Megaera Kill Video
    Yet another nice intro from Fifth Element!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-04-07 at 08:22 PM.

Thats awesome My bags are full enough as is.

Deleted
    About freaking Time! Finally I will actually use my Void Storage!

Good change.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now we just need more space in the Void Storage! I filled mine up on Day One.

for the unicorn build, in stead of that 7970 I suggest theGIGABYTE GV-R797TO-3GD

10+ Year Old Account
    About effing time they let us xmog from void bank.. seriously what the freaking fuck took them so long to figure out it would be only logical... :/

Deleted
    I love how I actually mailed Blizzard and suggested that you should be able to do this. Seems like they might actually have looked at it? WOW. I did also suggest that it should be cross character though, but it's a start!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    About effing time they let us xmog from void bank.. seriously what the freaking fuck took them so long to figure out it would be only logical... :/
    Everything takes time to implement and sometimes, this production time is needed elsewhere... They can't just snap their fingers and have implemented everything they want...

They wanted us to have a place to sink all the money we get from dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course I understand that everything takes time. I could be wrong but wasnt transmog and void bank introduced at the same time? Seems only logical to me then to have this option from the start. I actually at first (when they introduced these things) that we were able to do so :P

late but finally

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious Video intro. I don't know Fallout II but it was fun to watch.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ... it would be only logical... :/
    this part is the answer you're looking for I believe
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Why do we use "Puppy and Dolphin, Narwhal and Unicorn", and not just Tier 1, Tier 2,. or even Common,. Uncommon, Epic, Legendary?
    It would be much easier for most wow players to relate to these PC setups.

Personally I don't see "unicorn" as a big epic gaming rig,.. rather a gay white horse with a carrot on it's head.
    Surely we could come up with a better name for these PC setups as a community?

Deleted
    Void Storage has a purpose!? IMPOSSIBLE! BLASHPEMY!

Deleted
    Yeeehawww! The change to transmogrification is amazing! Void storage will finally be useful.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booteh View Post
    I love how I actually mailed Blizzard and suggested that you should be able to do this. Seems like they might actually have looked at it? WOW. I did also suggest that it should be cross character though, but it's a start!
    the feeling you get when you seen implimentation you suggest is pretty sweet
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: "can we have some more uses for Lesser Charms? I think I have approximately a zillion of them."
    A: "The use is intended to be that you can take a vacation on dailies if you so choose.

Hate to be so critical, but the fact that he says take a vacation from doing dailies seems to imply that dailies are in fact a chore/job, otherwise we wouldn't need/want to take a vacation in the first place. Sorry I'm just very pessimistic when it comes to the dailies.....I rode the Daily Train for a while until I just got fed up with doing them. Last time I ever looked forward to dailies and really had a lot of fun was back in BC with the Isle of Quel'Danas...

Amazing transmog change, I love it.