Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    This came to mind. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/xbox-liv...ews-14626.html

Apparently the current consoles already see more use outside of gaming. The average user is watching movies, listening to music, using the socials apps, more then playing games. So of course going forward they are going to put effort into expanding and improving those functions. The hardcore console gamer is now an outcast as the hardcore pc gamer. It's the halo on the weekends, FB/netflix everynight console user that is the user MS/Sony want. Because they apparently are the majority.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    ps :
    Luciferiuz, one of your points on a previous page about exclusive games for consoles is just wrong and shows how little you know about pc's.
    So wrong that you couldn't point it out or refer to it directly (or even quote it)? You get that I own a PC right?

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    First point is moot because there are FAR more PC exclusives than console exclusives.

More now than ever, I believe, PC vs Console is a relevant topic, as consoles move closer to just being straight up PCs with less functionality (gated from the user by the built in OS). I see less and less point in buying a console. Unless it is for ONE specific exclusive, for me personally no single game is worth that purchase.
    Just because there are more exclusives on PC, doesn't mean the point that "there are exclusives on every console" is moot.

Similarly, just because you think PC vs Console is a relevant topic - doesn't make that the point of this thread. Make your own if you want to have the same conversation over again that we have all had 1000 times before.

And your whole point about "ONE specific exclusive" - there is a logical gap here. You are just blatantly assuming there is only one exclusive you would want (in which case I would advise you not to buy a console, thats not worth it) when for many of us there are multiple exclusives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    So wrong that you couldn't point it out or refer to it directly (or even quote it)? You get that I own a PC right?
    I get that you own a PC but that doesn't mean you know how it works... and you don't.

I'll leave you one word to deal with your console exclusive argument :
    emulators

Deleted
    consoles should be for gaming as are receivers for watching tv ...
    i think all that social media stuff is getting too far ahead of us ...
    i, for one, am no member of facebook, twitter or what the likes and i certainly do not wish to constantly share my gaming with others ...

i only hope that future generations of consoles won't force you into "sharing" by constantly giving you messeges or hints that you might share this and that with your friends. i'd be pretty annoyed by that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    All I use my console for is video games and DVDs. I hate social media stuff. I don't even use the motion control stuff. Whenever there is a press event and they talk about new apps, I'm disappointed.
    This. I have a PS3 and only use it for gaming and watching blurays. The only times I actually connect it to the internet is when I need to update my Firmware or get DLC for my games (or buy an old PS1 game they offer for cheap *waves at FF7-9 and PE2*)

Deleted
    I get that you own a PC but that doesn't mean you know how it works... and you don't.

emulators
    PCs can't even emulate ps2 games with original graphics without slowdowns

Deleted

emulators
    How is that PS3 emulator going for you? Working flawlessly? Playing all those seven year old Ps3 exclusives on your PC without a problem? Seems even in a one word argument you fail bigtime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    How is that PS3 emulator going for you? Working flawlessly? Playing all those seven year old Ps3 exclusives on your PC without a problem? Seems even in a one word argument you fail bigtime.
    Is that your way of asking for a ps3 emulator because you can't find one that works? I can't even call that a nice try, it's just sad.

Either way enough thread derailment from me, my point still stands that emulators exist and if they don't exist for everything right now someone will eventually make one.

Deleted
    Is that your way of asking for a ps3 emulator because you can't find one that works? I can't even call that a nice try, it's just sad.

Either way enough thread derailment from me, my point still stands that emulators exist and if they don't exist for everything right now someone will eventually make one.
    Yes, actually, seems you are bright enough in that regard. No, I can't find a working, stable PS3 emulator and that is because not one single one exists. Will one exist some day? Most probably, but it will so far after it's natural life span that it isn't a germane point to the discussion. Even if it were relevant to the discussion (it's not) then it's a advocation of piracy (that is unless your foolishness extends to thinking people would buy original games to play on emulators). But , yea , I'll just wait until near enough 2020 (if that) to play MGS3, or I could, you know, buy both a PC and console today. Just drop the whole emulator argument, it's a fail on so many levels. Discuss the merits of PCs and various consoles on their a priori benefits and not on some software which may or may not exist at some point down the road.

15+ Year Old Account
    All I use my console for is Blu Ray movies and Netflix.

Gaming? Lol no I got a PC.

emulators
    Excusing the idiocy of your later statement, what makes you think I don't know how a PC works? Why don't you actually call me out on what I'm supposedly wrong about instead of beating around the bush?