Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are arms warrior good at pve?

I'm thinking about making an warrior but i'm not sure if they have good dps. I'm going to raid normals. I have a 90 hunter thats it and I dont really like hunter they are boring.

Yes arms is good for PVE for the level of skill ur playing at.

I believe they are pretty good, but I think Fury is a bit better DPS wise, but don't take my word for it, I'm not one to look much into minmaxing.

Arms PVE wise is decent now a days, especially with lower ilvl gear. But Fury is still ahead. Allthough Arms is really nice for high cleave fights like Council and Horridon.

But it all depends on what you want to play. I know people that prefer Arms over Fury in PVE just because they like the playstyle.

are those serious comments? check simcraft, raidbots, arms is last . also world of logs rankings -on most hc fights you hardly see any arms warriors because the spec is so useless atm , since its the worst melee dps spec. in serious level of raiding fury is a must

Biggyeu, what is this "serious level" of raiding you speak of? Arms and Fury are neck and neck single target until somewhere beyond 522 ilvl. On cleave fights, sure, TG strives. If you aren't in heroic ToT gear, then Arms is as viable as Fury. Simcraft T15H_BiS? Fury wins since it's BiS. But at lower levels? They are amazingly close. Raidbots? It uses World of Logs, so just w/e on that one.
    World of Logs, you don't see them because there was reason to go Fury (aka cleave) and they got enough gear to make the spec better than Fury. H:Horridon, top Arms parse is a 524 ilvl with a 528 weapon. The Fury parses at the same value have a 521 ilvl with a 541 MH and a 535 OH. There are many things that you aren't taking into account. H:Council? 15 Arms parses however it's top parse would be rank 2 on Fury. And the rank in question is using a 528 weapon. The current rank 2 for Fury has a 535 and a 528 weapon and a 528 ilvl. H:Tortos? #1 Arms=415287, #1 Fury= 387311. Not bringing up Megaera because Arms can pad with damage that doesn't matter. Hurumu and beyond don't have any Arms parses, however part of it is private logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonravor View Post
    But it all depends on what you want to play. I know people that prefer Arms over Fury in PVE just because they like the playstyle.
    This means people like to MS, OP, OP, MS, OP, OP.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

With the dps I rank as arm I would also rank as fury the spec is fine, maybe a little behind fury at my 519 ilvl but not much. Raidbots & WoL have much less arms logs and much less good arms logs which skews the results. If you check the simcraft T14hc comparison arms does quite decent it just doesn't scale very well with gear.

So at my 523 ilevel gear. I should just stick to Fury right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Avenger View Post
    This means people like to MS, OP, OP, MS, OP, OP.
    Like fury has a complicated rotation...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggyeu View Post
    are those serious comments? check simcraft, raidbots, arms is last . also world of logs rankings -on most hc fights you hardly see any arms warriors because the spec is so useless atm , since its the worst melee dps spec. in serious level of raiding fury is a must
    I also take it that "Serious raiding" guilds don't take DPS DKs or Rogues either, right? Cause all of their specs are barely doing better than arms at high gear levels.

In fact, maybe all guilds should run 14 arcane mages, a demo warlock, and a balance druid for the highest dps possible?

In full 496 gear Arms is the best spec, in full BiS gear SMF is the best. HOWEVER, it depends on what you are skilled at, if you are like me and utterly suck at Fury then you should stick to Arms no matter what anyone else says. You should also only play what you enjoy.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2013-04-13 at 04:48 PM.

As was said Arms keeps up with fury in greens and early T14 gear, and then gets outscaled by fury in every single way.

I love Arms, and the Arms buffs in 5.3 made me hopeful the spec would finally keep up with fury, I reforged and regemmed and polished the crap out of my rotation on the boss dummy.. I was doing fine and was fairly close to the locks and mages in our raid. After switching back to 1h fury a few ToT runs later to see a comparison, my dps jumped by about 10% on average, even after getting rusty with the Fury spec. Had normal mode Sha-touched weapons for both specs and about 500 ilvl average.

Sad truth is Arms cannot compete with fury, on single target, and especially not in aoe (even with 100% uptime on Sweeping Strikes and propper use of Blood and Thunder, Meatcleaver simply blows arms aoe out of the water, propably has to do with the crazy good scaling of Fury mastery while Strikes of Opportunity does close to jack for arms aoe).

Of course you might get lucky and pick up a thunderforged 2h, at whitch point arms might be your strongest spec for a while, then youll find any normal ilvl 522 2h and might as well switch to TG.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2013-04-13 at 07:38 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I also take it that "Serious raiding" guilds don't take DPS DKs or Rogues either, right?
    Why shouldn't they use the strongest melee specs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    As was said Arms keeps up with fury in greens and early T14 gear, and then gets outscaled by fury in every single way.

I love Arms, and the Arms buffs in 5.3 made me hopeful the spec would finally keep up with fury, I reforged and regemmed and polished the crap out of my rotation on the boss dummy.. I was doing fine and was fairly close to the locks and mages in our raid. After switching back to 1h fury a few ToT runs later to see a comparison, my dps jumped by about 10% on average, even after getting rusty with the Fury spec. Had normal mode Sha-touched weapons for both specs and about 500 ilvl average.

Sad truth is Arms cannot compete with fury, on single target, and especially not in aoe (even with 100% uptime on Sweeping Strikes and propper use of Blood and Thunder, Meatcleaver simply blows arms aoe out of the water, propably has to do with the crazy good scaling of Fury mastery while Strikes of Opportunity does close to jack for arms aoe).

Of course you might get lucky and pick up a thunderforged 2h, at whitch point arms might be your strongest spec for a while, then youll find any normal ilvl 522 2h and might as well switch to TG.
    I don't agree with this. Greens and early t14? Try BiS T14 and early T15 post 5.2 changes. And there shouldn't of been much regemming from Fury to Arms (unless you went for haste on yellow gems, which was the wrong thing to do because Haste only outweighs Crit when you have the legendary meta, 2 rppm trinkets, and t15 2set AND are geared gemmed full crit). Did you not get any gear during your "few ToT runs" because at a 520 ilvl, I had similar damage as our other warriors who both had 522 weapons and t15 4 set.

On the topic of competing Single Target, I feel Fury comes ahead slightly at current gear levels (and will go further ahead at higher gear than those parsing on WoLs) however on AoE, it's entirely dependent on what says up. Blood and Thunder provides massive AoE as long as the targets aren't bursted down immediately. If you are bursting it down, then Fury does better on that. The top Arms and Fury parses on H:Tortos has Arms winning on a fight with a lot of aoe.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/YfqCnjS.png

This was early t15, now its probably changed, guess why? Gear level, as the majority of posters above me stated, it depends on gear. My situation was that I simply didn't have weapons for fury so I was shackled to arms, but since I scraped that #12 overall I don't think it honestly made an ounce of difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frakchaw View Post
    Like fury has a complicated rotation...
    If you think fury's rotation is simple, you're playing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I don't think fury's rotation is easy per say, but when 40%~ of your damage comes from auto attacks and executes, a badly played fury isn't honestly that bad off. T15 2pc also kind of lets you hit RB without worrying about CS sequences for the most part.

Of course, you will get the most bang playing the spec optimally (just like any spec), but fury's output is better than arms at high gear level regardless if the spec is played averagely.

It's more skill than spec... And abit of luck. Played well, any DPS spec has the ability to be up there in terms of ranking. I play fury SMF. When I play badly I'm bottom and noone else to blame. When Ive a good run, I'm top 3.

Arms dps is competitive if played right. My guild's top melee dps is a monk. He has ranked top 5 in many fights and even world rank 1 before. His ilevel is lower than the warriors, DK, rogue in my raid setup.

I used to think rogues were OP but now I just focus on playing my choice spec and playing it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I really don't care if you convinced yourself the fury rotation is difficult or not, the fact simply remains that it's not that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care if you convinced yourself the fury rotation is difficult or not, the fact simply remains that it's not that hard.
    Ya, you're playing it wrong than.

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 11:09 AM ----------

Ya, you're playing it wrong than. I also tend to view as baseless things that are posted by random people who don't even post their armory. It's very easy to spew BS when you have nothing to back it up. Looking over your post history, you've not once given one good reason for any of the advice you're even given. So I'm just going to say it again, if you think fury is simple, you're playing it wrong. There is a reason you see either great warriors, or bad warriors, but very very few average warriors. You can run into DKs pulling 100k just facerolling, playing at 80% of what they could be. You see warriors doing that (the facerolling) and they are pulling 60k, or playing well and pulling 140k.

If you still don't believe me (and you won't since people like you will stick to their opinion if it kills them rather than admit they are wrong) check the "fix my DPS thread". People constantly are posting that "I seem to be doing everything right" and "Yes I know 3x RB 1x BT and HSs in a CS phase" and other right answers, and yet their DPS is far lower than it should be. Why? Because it isn't as simple as it seems. There is no other class where you are benefited by preserving your primary resource when you could have spent it (unless arcane mages and how they use mana know, IDK).
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-04-14 at 05:18 PM.