Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen as Warlock

Hai there.

I've been Affliction from MoP launch to 5.2 release, when I decided to go Destro due to the better damage.
    However, I got the Thunderforged version of Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen yesterday, and decided to go Affliction again. I figured that as Demo, you could get a 100% critting Doom on your target if you're Demo, which could increase my DPS a lot. However, I'm not sure what would rank best with this trinket, Affli, Destro or Demo?

well you have more then just the trinket as "gear" the trinket itself pushes demo the most
    i think a lot of dps depends on your own skill, and how mutch you like the spec/how mutch you can get out of it.

I tried asking a similar question in the demo thread and gotten no response. I have a regular unerring vision, a 2/2 H LotC, a LFR cha yes, and the shado pan trinket. Which 2 should I be using as demo? To reach 8097 break point, I need to use the LotC. I would try simming it (which I have), but the results seems off for warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias-Oaks View Post
    I tried asking a similar question in the demo thread and gotten no response. I have a regular unerring vision, a 2/2 H LotC, a LFR cha yes, and the shado pan trinket. Which 2 should I be using as demo? To reach 8097 break point, I need to use the LotC. I would try simming it (which I have), but the results seems off for warlocks.
    Lei-shens Trinket just make Demo awesome, use-it with Cha-Ye's and every single time that Perfet Aim procs, go meta and pump Doom.

Doom will hit like a truck and you will summom more imps than you can ever imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Lei-shens Trinket just make Demo awesome, use-it with Cha-Ye's and every single time that Perfet Aim procs, go meta and pump Doom.

Doom will hit like a truck and you will summom more imps than you can ever imagine.
    use LFR cha-ye's even if it means I can't hit the 8097 breakpoint?

edit: also while i'm at it, does the grimoire choice change with the lei shen trinket? Do I still go with supremacy with demo or sacrifice? Sorry I'm hijacking the thread, I just wasn't able to get any answers in the main thread for some reason.
    Last edited by Agrias-Oaks; 2013-04-08 at 02:55 PM.

After I got UVLS I dropped affliction to go Destro/Demo, and I only play affliction on H Tortos. That trinket makes playing Demo an absolute blast. I'm having so much fun with it this tier.
    Last edited by Mazda; 2013-04-08 at 03:36 PM.

use LFR cha-ye's even if it means I can't hit the 8097 breakpoint?

edit: also while i'm at it, does the grimoire choice change with the lei shen trinket? Do I still go with supremacy with demo or sacrifice? Sorry I'm hijacking the thread, I just wasn't able to get any answers in the main thread for some reason.
    Sacrifice is a viable single target increase once you have Lei-shens. On multi-target fights where you can keep more than 1 full-crit doom running (council) Sac is the best option.

So, before you get the Lei Shen trinket, is Demo worth playing as from a competitive standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Sacrifice is a viable single target increase once you have Lei-shens. On multi-target fights where you can keep more than 1 full-crit doom running (council) Sac is the best option.
    thanks! so I can just run sac through ToT then, we're only beginning to do heroics next week.

While I'm at it, does someone know the ICD of the Lei-Shen trinket?

Deleted
    There is no ICD, it's RPPM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    So, before you get the Lei Shen trinket, is Demo worth playing as from a competitive standpoint?
    All three specs are entirely viable if played properly and with skill. There is no 100% best in all situations spec. Demo can work out just fine.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Deleted
    I would try simming it (which I have), but the results seems off for warlocks.
    Ye simcraft doesn't properly account for shadowflame meta-weaving so your results will be a bit off... simcraft is buggy like that..

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I don't understand how getting 2 full-crit dooms makes sac viable o.O unless I've misunderstood the tooltip it doesn't increase doom damage at all?

edit: realized I just fail at putting sac imp damage increase and full-crit doom benefit together....
    Last edited by mmoc8d6b560909; 2013-04-08 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    It increases Fel Imps Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    Hai there.

I've been Affliction from MoP launch to 5.2 release, when I decided to go Destro due to the better damage.
    However, I got the Thunderforged version of Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen yesterday, and decided to go Affliction again. I figured that as Demo, you could get a 100% critting Doom on your target if you're Demo, which could increase my DPS a lot. However, I'm not sure what would rank best with this trinket, Affli, Destro or Demo?
    First priority is getting yourself either a weak aura or something to alert you to the proc on lei shen. You play demo very slightly differently in that you pool more fury so you can stay in demo the full 10 sec. This is so when the lei shen procs you can get your doom(s) off asap. HoG weaving included will nudge the spec higher than sims predict. I'm not sure if 520-7 takes the latest micromanagement into account. Pretty sure 520-6 does not.

Demo Sac is great on multi targets since multiple auto critting dooms = lots more imps = almost unspendable levels of DF. Thus it shifts your damage to your nukes/meta more....not to mention the demonic lemming army of imps. Single target sac tends to not pass service single target till somewhere in heroic gear ilvls.

The latest profile is having aff use lei shen as well as wushoolay so having lei shen isn't a bad trinket to run aff/demo. You can regem to an affliction like profile if it gets you to the 8097 breakpoint. Compared to int gems you may not lose much (if any) theoretical damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    All three specs are entirely viable if played properly and with skill. There is no 100% best in all situations spec. Demo can work out just fine.
    Would you tell that to the boomkin who pesters me every raid with why me and the other warlock play different specs?

On topic:
    The trinket is kinda bad for destro ... It's pretty good for affliction ... It's a near-must-have for Demonology.
    Play whatever spec you play the best / whatever your guild needs for said encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Would you tell that to the boomkin who pesters me every raid with why me and the other warlock play different specs?

On topic:
    The trinket is kinda bad for destro ... It's pretty good for affliction ... It's a near-must-have for Demonology.
    Play whatever spec you play the best / whatever your guild needs for said encounter.
    The thing here is that your boomkin is uneducated and needs to read more then. If he is looking at SimCraft purely, or going off conjecture then do have them chime in here with our masters in their respective specs, and he'll find himself mute with shock quickly.

I'm a shadowpriest and the raid leader of my core. I usually trust my fellow raiders about how good an upgrade would be for them, but this trinket generated some discussion.
    Our warlock plays mainly destruction and argued this trinket is bis for destro, which, after reading reading some comments, I don't think is true.
    So, how good is this trinket for destro? And how big is the upgrade from the valor trinket to the 522 UVLS?

Quote Originally Posted by Taradenha View Post
    I'm a shadowpriest and the raid leader of my core. I usually trust my fellow raiders about how good an upgrade would be for them, but this trinket generated some discussion.
    Our warlock plays mainly destruction and argued this trinket is bis for destro, which, after reading reading some comments, I don't think is true.
    So, how good is this trinket for destro? And how big is the upgrade from the valor trinket to the 522 UVLS?
    Not even nearly as good as it is for Affliction, Balance, Shadow or Demonology. Destro is pretty much last in the line, with frost and fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taradenha View Post
    It is an upgrade from the shitty valor trinket. Why? Because Haste procs do a whole lot of nothing for Destro really. Can this warlock benefit from the trinket? Yes. Can he benefit from it as much as the other specs? No. If he goes another spec he'll be maximizing its effectiveness IN MY OPINION. If someone else slaps me with a huge math write up, I'll stand corrected, but from what I gather I'm in the clear so far.

It's good, and procs a bundle, big a 100% crit chance full duration rack of DoTs or, more importantly, DOOM is massive.