Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kukuru's Cache Key

I've seen a lot of information regarding this item and the loot you can get from the chests it unlocks... But only on the PTR.

Now that the patch is live, does anyone have any data regarding their experiences with using these keys?

Specifically I am looking to know the *approximate* drop rate, or timeless coin investment needed to get a Burden of Eternity. On the PTR, the consensus is that using these keys is the best way to get Burden of Eternity. Does this hold true now that 5.4 is live?

*** UPDATE ***

According to the Sept. 12 patch notes, the drop rate for burdens from Kukuru's chest has been lowered.

Link to source, since I don't know how to Blizzard quote:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...es-Shaohao-Rep
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2013-09-13 at 02:33 PM.

Looks to me like Bliz reduced the spawn rate dramatically on the "Skull" mobs that dropped armor tokens. Yesterday they were everywhere - but today almost nothing. So it occurred to me that buying keys might be something to try.

Spent 8000 coins for 16 keys and got 6 armor tokens and a Burden. Of course you also get coins which you can use to buy more keys. So 8000 coins ended up buying about 24 chests.

On a second guy I spent 7000 coins and got 5 armor tokens and 2 Bonkers pet.

Wife got three Burden of Eternity across 5 characters spending 5000 or 6000 each plus the same proportion of armor tokens as me.

Right now I think the drop rate from Kukuru chests is very high and wouldn't be surprised to see Bliz nerf it in future. So I spent everything I had and I'm very satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've not counted keys, but I've had a couple armour pieces so far, and 2 Burdens. I'd say I've spent around 15k coins so far, though by looting coins, it could be different.

The rate is averaging 12k coins per burden according to wowhead I think.

this is the best way to get the 535 tokens, way better than 50k coins at the vendor. you can also get a pet monkey. that's been my experience so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone. I just wanted to confirm the PTR drop chances went live before spending my coins. I shall be spending 20k or so tonight!

10+ Year Old Account
    47 keys and no 535 tokens yet. No idea how you guys get so lucky.

About 40 keys, got one 535 token and one Bonkers.

30(?) keys and got 2 535 tokens.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    47 keys and no 535 tokens yet. No idea how you guys get so lucky.
    Yeah I'm closing in on 20k coins spent and all I've gotten was a couple timeless pieces. rng is rng i guess

Well for anyone reading this now, Burden drop rates have been nerfed here. But how are the timeless token drop rates? I have 3 burdens sitting in my inventory and I want to upgrade my lowest ilvl items first, but I cant find the tokens for them so if these drop tokens pretty well I will just dive right in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Well for anyone reading this now, Burden drop rates have been nerfed here. But how are the timeless token drop rates? I have 3 burdens sitting in my inventory and I want to upgrade my lowest ilvl items first, but I cant find the tokens for them so if these drop tokens pretty well I will just dive right in.
    They nerfed the Burdens rate from the chests, no idea why.

Everyone's pretty sure they nerfed the token drop rate from rares, though there's no confirmation from Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 keys, got 200 coins in first chest, Bonkers in 2nd.. :-)

I see no reason to use more coins, until I have everything else I need from coins..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose as an update, I have now used between 90-100 keys on alts and such, and still have gotten zilch. I gave up at this point, not worth the annoyance.

Deleted
    Main Char:
    Used 17500 Coins:

3 Bonkers
    6 Tokens
    No Burden

iLvl 440 alt:
    3000 Coins
    2 Bonkers
    1 Burden

Argh

20K coins until I got a bonkers. 12 or so tokens. 0 burdens. I'm just going to buy them with coins, especially since the rate was nerfed.

3 burdens on 10 keys, total 5 after 30k(starting with 30k and burning until zero, probably 100+ keys) coins on 1 toon.

Im not spending more there

10+ Year Old Account
    I want all of your guys' luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    In the 130 keys it took to get my first Bonkers, i looted 6 Burdens.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    They nerfed the drops from the chests, which is a bummer because spending 7500 for a type armor token and then get something that you already have is kinda... douchy...

So far 51 chests opened: No bonkers, no 535 item. 4 normal 496 epics and coins. All in all im only back 12000 though which i guess is good for 51 chests ?