Disc Priest: Spirit Shell on Tortos Quake Stomp

In my last group, we had a healing rotation and my SS was put in there and staggered along with tranq and healing tide and we downed the boss. I've since joined a new group and although I noticed that SS often comes off CD in sync with Quake Stomp, sometimes it literally comes up just as Quake Stomp is being cast and I get only a couple POH casts before the stomp goes out or sometimes it's just not ready. RL is also asking me to SS every stomp but I just can't get it to completely line up right. Even going in early at 20s before the first stomp I can blanket everyone on the first, second only a couple casts, third just doesn't line up at all... am I doing something wrong or is it just not possible to completely SS every stomp? Went in again in LFR to see if something was wrong with my timing but again couldn't get it to line up with each stomp. We're still downing the boss and I'm still top healer on the fight but just want some definitive answers to the Quake Stomp CD vs SS CD so I can tell the RL as a matter of fact whether or not it's possible to SS every stomp.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quake Stomp happens faster than every 60s. It is simply not possible to spirit shell every single quake stomp for the duration of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    Quake Stomp happens faster than every 60s. It is simply not possible to spirit shell every single quake stomp for the duration of the fight.
    This. SS every other stomp.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to let my RL know the next time. I was beginning to feel pretty fail when he would call for it for each and I just didn't have it off cooldown.

SS - *PW:S spam - SS - ...

This is how you do it

*With PI
    Last edited by Lundmark; 2013-04-08 at 06:01 PM.

you should be casting it at least 12 secs before it happens so as long as you always pop it then you should easily be able to SS every one

^someone doesn't read and hasn't actually seen the fight first hand (as a Disc Priest, at least).

Quakes don't line up well with SS.

Is the crystal absorb not enough? Can you not just spam prayer of healings to get everyones crystal shield at max? or is spirit shell still useful?
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Use spirit shell every OTHER one, and since everyone is *normally* spread out around the room, use a Halo right before he finishes the cast every time. Halo is sick healing for this fight if you keep yourself positioned properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Is the crystal absorb not enough? Can you not just spam prayer of healings to get everyones crystal shield at max? or is spirit shell still useful?
    We're assuming OP meant normal mode.

Our fault or OP's? Who knows.

Assuming it is normal mode you are talking about, i find the best use of SS on every other stomp, followed by cascade or halo. I prefer cascade since i can get it rolling just before stomp with very little overhealing, just like in garalon stomps.

You might also want to set up healer cd's for the stomps you cant SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to assume this is for normal as well, granted I play holy for tortos but basically I just make sure everyone is about topped off (85% - 90% with mastery hot ticking) before the stomp and then launch a cascade shortly before it goes, that coupled with CoH afterwards is enough to deal with the damage.

I get smacked by the ninja turtles too much to use SS effectively most of the time, especially later in the encounter. I SS one group and bubble spam the other with PI up for one stomp and switch to inner will to bubble most of the raid with the other.

Save a horse, ride a turtle.

About spirit shell and Tortos:

Is it worth using on heroic? Is spirit shell poh more throughput than normal poh? With the crystal shields, normal poh shouldn't be overhealing right?

Deleted
    I think the better question is, is SS absorbed first or the crystal shield?

I believe spirit shell is removed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    I believe spirit shell is removed first.
    Thats right. One can SS Stomp #1,#2,#4,#5,#7,#8 and so on if you handle the 60sec cd clever

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget to halo .5s before stomp goes off =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    About spirit shell and Tortos:

Is it worth using on heroic? Is spirit shell poh more throughput than normal poh? With the crystal shields, normal poh shouldn't be overhealing right?
    I just downed it on Heroic, I never even used Spirit Shell. Generally Crystal Shell kept people above 80%. Those who dipped, PW:S + Penance to stabilize.

Also, prefered Cascade honestly. Halo was nice for capping crystals, but I could Cascade the Stomp and then use it again for crystal buffing. Felt more useful IMO.