Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think there is, at least in sPvP. Players will play against more than 3 people.

sPvP leaderboards are completely useless since they are all personal. You can not say that whoever is r1 is actually the best player. It's possible (and probable) that other people in the team simply faced harder opponents when playing without that person. This means that the meaningful comparison you're looking for flies straight out of the window.

Again, I don't see your point...

what's your point again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    what's your point again?
    what a pointless discussion between you guys .

what's your point again?
    1. That people like competition in PvE as well and that this doesn't hinder cooperation.
    2. No leaderboards are never meaningful, so you might as well have one for PvE

Leaderboards are cool.

Now enjoy it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turshija released a searchable implementation of the leaderboard: http://www.gwshack.info
    It's still in development, for details see https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../first#content

Hmmm thought I had a shot at top 1000 for achievement points... nope. Guess I missed the dailies too often.

I don't really see the point of achievement leaderboards. I do think it's kind of funny that dailies are considered such an issue when really unless you're an active PvE and PvPer I'm assuming you have no chance at making that board. I've done every PvE daily plus all non-dungeon PvE content and I'm still -1000 achievement points from making that list. (Not that I care since there's no purpose to it.)

I get why people are upset about dailies having such an impact and more than likely they'll end up rectifying that, I just think unless someone's the type to partake of everything in the game they had no chance regardless of daily participation.

Well I've been on holidays (and a ban recently) and had the regular work/school issues and I'm still on the leaderboard. (even though I didn't bother with dailies in the start, and never bothered with the PvP daily at all.

But tbh the big issue is that people who actively "hunt" achievements find it anoying that someone who just logs in every day and does two dailies already has (over) half of the achievement points needed to get on the leaderboard with the difference that the achievement points those people have are lost/unattainable while the other way around this isn't true.

Basically it feels like "hunters" get punished in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't really see the point of achievement leaderboards. I do think it's kind of funny that dailies are considered such an issue when really unless you're an active PvE and PvPer I'm assuming you have no chance at making that board. I've done every PvE daily plus all non-dungeon PvE content and I'm still -1000 achievement points from making that list. (Not that I care since there's no purpose to it.)

I get why people are upset about dailies having such an impact and more than likely they'll end up rectifying that, I just think unless someone's the type to partake of everything in the game they had no chance regardless of daily participation.
    Achievement Ladders shows the top most active players, who has done the most throughout time. Obviously doing every daily, PvE and PvP, is a rather big amount of active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    The leaderboards now show the top 1000 players instead of the top 100 players as it did yesterday.
    You can now filter by World and see the top 1000 players for each realm.
    Valar morghulis

Hey, look, I'm actually on there if it's filtered by server, says 90%. o_O I don't know what that means!

There was an interesting Guildcast I caught on the train to work today. They covered the leader boards and overall "meh-ness" of it all.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game...board-gc-66-2/

Didn't have time to finish the episode before work.

Audio quality is bad on this podcast, I hate the static/crackling.

Regarding PvP rankings etc I don't get why they don't use a simple ELO rating, it can't be that hard...
    I think that girl rlly said it well: "hey pvpers we're starting to care now, please love us" ~A-net

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Audio quality is bad on this podcast, I hate the static/crackling.

Regarding PvP rankings etc I don't get why they don't use a simple ELO rating, it can't be that hard...
    I think that girl rlly said it well: "hey pvpers we're starting to care now, please love us" ~A-net
    I don't even know how this system works, what's so bad about it? Isn't it rating you higher when you defeat a stronger opponent than a weaker one?

I don't even know how this system works, what's so bad about it? Isn't it rating you higher when you defeat a stronger opponent than a weaker one?
    That's a basic Elo system, a-net said they're not using that but some variation (god knows why). Nobody knows how the current rating system works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1814952

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanSharp
    Q: How is rank determined? Is it by wins? Win %?
    A: Rating is used. This rating takes into account your rating, your opponent’s rating, and then adjusts your post-game rating accordingly. If you win against a very low ranked opponent, and you are a highly ranked opponent, you will gain fewer points than if you defeated someone above you in rating. It is possible for a player to have a higher rating even if they haven’t played as many games as another player – # of games does not guarantee a high rating.
    Valar morghulis

It's not as straightforward. If they just used the Elo rating I don't see why we can't be shown our rating? If you play chess online anywhere you get told in advance, this is your rank, this is theirs if you win you get +x draw you get +-y loss -z.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It's not as straightforward. If they just used the Elo rating I don't see why we can't be shown our rating? If you play chess online anywhere you get told in advance, this is your rank, this is theirs if you win you get +x draw you get +-y loss -z.
    It seems fine to me, why do you complain? Any bad experience with it?