10+ Year Old Account

Post Rogue help needed.

Hi guys,

I have been playing wow for about 6 years. I have been on and off the game the last year and I am trying to get back to the roots of why I loved playing wow. My first ever character was a rogue in BC. I loved doing BG's, Arena's and especially world PVP. But the last expansions I have started to mess around with all the other classes and getting more focused on PVE which has made me lose interest in the game. So I created a new character(Rogue) on a new server and loving it so far. I just dinged 85 and heading for 90 fast.

A lot has changed since the last time I have PVPed. I have done some BG's while leveling and I am starting to experience more problems in surviving and downing enemies. The big changes in HP seems to be making the difference and I am getting nuked very hard or nuking someone instantly.

I would just like any tips for as soon hit 90. I was thinking on BG grinding my initial PVP set. Will this be the best way to get started with gearing or should I try some Arena's to max conquest points?

Then on stats and rotation, could anyone tell me what stats to focus on? Then what a default opening rotations are for rogues currently? I think I am going to focus on control till I get my gear up to standard before trying to burst any enemies down.

Edit: In regards to World PVP. Does this even still exist? I have selected a high population server with a good balance of Horde and Alliance. While leveling I have had many encounters with enemies and killing each other that resulted in level 90's being logged. This is one of the biggest fun factors for me in PVP.

Thanks in advance
    Skiddy
    Last edited by SkidMarkPie; 2013-04-04 at 11:03 AM. Reason: World PVP added.

Deleted
    Well as a start with gearing, it would be easy to go and buy the Crafted Dreadful gear that fits the rogue from any leatherworker or auction house. If you just want to start farming some honor to get the better set, i would advice you to do Random battlegrounds for the extra bonus Honor and Conquest.
    There are a few other ways to get Honor, that I can advice you about. For once doing the "Meet The Scout" quest so you gain access to the new areas in Krasanger Wild. When you kill the other faction rares, they drop atleast 275 once use honor item each time. They are good to look for between battlegrounds.
    You could also do the Tol Barad, since there is a quest once a week, that gives you 300 honor and around the same when you win it, so easily 550-600 honor there.
    Then there is the Isle of Thunder, where you can do a couple of solo instances and unlock the daily quests for PvP, that gives you 550 Honor and 50 Conquest a day.

So there are a few ways to get started with your gear. My advice around the Arenas, is to farm as much honor as possible until Tuesday (day before reset) and get your cap there as a start, since you will have the best gear at that point and most experience in BG's as 90.

Regarding World PvP, I cant really tell you. I play on an RP server, namely Argent Dawn, and no one is tagged there. But I can imagine the daily quests on the Isle of Thunder, can get rather rough.

Good Luck with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW

Thanks mate. I will defiantly look into the things you mentioned.
    Not to sure about all the places you named but ill go read up on them. Still bit of a MoP noob. Haven't played it at all

10+ Year Old Account
    So just dinged 90 a while ago and starting to do BGs for gear. Got my 2 honor weapons first.

Struggling a lot but it is lack of gear hopefully ill be fully geared in a week or so.

I'm guessing you're playing subtlety so let me know otherwise.

For stats you need to be focusing on gemming resilience/power/mastery and reforging mastery > crit > haste.

For rotation, it's important to keep Slice'n'Dice up at all times and make sure you have rupture/garrotte on your target so you get the +20% benefit from sanguinary vein (hemo dot doesn't give this). The vast majority of your damage is gong to come from ambush/eviscerates, but using ambush outside of shadowdance isn't necessary a good thing cause it will burn through your energy. I tend to premed>SnD>garrotte>cheapshot as an opener.

For talents I use the following;

1st) Subterfuge - being able to use your openers/sap after getting aoe'd out or having a dot tick on you after a vanish is pretty OP.

2nd) Nerve strike vs cleave teams so you can peel whoever is getting hit hard, combat readiness if you're absolutely certain they're going to try and gib you everytime they get CDs.

3rd) Elusiveness vs 99% of teams, cheat death vs annoying guildie thugcleaves that focus me cause they think it's funny to 100>0 me in 2GCDs

4th) Cloak and dagger - awesome mobility when you need it the most (the 8second window every minute where rogues can match the damage of other DPSers) and the ability to focus stun/garrotte healers from 30yards away.

5th) Depends what classes you're playing with. For BGs/normal 3s I always take paralytic, for thugcleave type burst teams I'd take prey on the weak, and for 2s with a healer vs caster teams it's pretty cool running with mind-numbing and the free gouges from dirty tricks.

6th) Everyone cries about Shuriken Toss being too strong, but the other two talents are much better imho. Anticipation and Marked for Death give free 5pt eviscerates everytime you want to burst. Since rogues are crap outside of CDs, you'll only really get kills with shadowdances so chaining ambushes into two back-to-back eviscerates (with find weakness debuff up) is more useful than increasing your DPS outside of CDs. Shuriken Toss can be useful but the only time I ever use it is vs double-dps teams that have a rogue or mage in them, or for duelling other rogues.

If you don't already, get used to using focus macros for dismantle/blind/gouge/cheapshot.
    Last edited by Dcruize; 2013-04-18 at 02:22 AM.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com