Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Anime] LF new anime to watch.

Hey dear MMO community.
    I have been watching anime since i was a kid, and now that i have watched some of them (One piece , Naruto, Bleach, Fairy tail, Fullmetal Alchemist normal and brotherhood, Code Geass) i am asking for some suggestions what to watch next that is simmilar to these animes.
    Thanks in advance.

The anime called Shingeki no Kyojin which recently premiered is one I suggest.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

check out this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...request-thread

I know for certain there are many people coming in listing the shows you have, especially in the last 6 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    D.Gray-man has some similar feels like the ones you listed.

If you're too lazy to loo though, I can think of one off the top of my head: Gintama.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    If you're too lazy to loo though, I can think of one off the top of my head: Gintama.
    I completely agree with this. Gintama is a fantastic comedy which can still be serious at times.
    Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind

Darker Than Black, Ghost In The Shell and Samurai Champloo are some really awesome shows.

if you like long series like those, Inuyasha, fits the bill.

for something like Bleach with One Piece/Fairy Tail humor, try Soul Eater.

for something involving organizations and politics like Bleach and Full-Metal Alchemist, try Claymore.

for action/fighting anime's like Naruto, try Samurai Champloo.

hidden gems for any anime lover: best female lead - Moribito. best story telling - Mushishi.

In addition to D.Gray Man and Shingeki no Kyojin as previously mentioned, I would recommend:

- Ao no Exorcist
    - Death Note
    - Darker Than Black
    - Guilty Crown

On-going series I would recommend are:

- Hunter X Hunter (2011)
    - Magi

---------- Post added 2013-04-08 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    if you like long series like those, Inuyasha, fits the bill.

for something like Bleach with One Piece/Fairy Tail humor, try Soul Eater.

for something involving organizations and politics like Bleach and Full-Metal Alchemist, try Claymore.

for action/fighting anime's like Naruto, try Samurai Champloo.

hidden gems for any anime lover: best female lead - Moribito. best story telling - Mushishi.
    wow how could I forget the likes of Claymore and Samurai Champloo, I'm ashamed of myself.

I just watched Baccano! last week and it was *really* good. The first episode is slightly confusing, but after that it gets really good.

I'm currently watching Kenichi: The Ultimate Disciple and it's also really good so far, about 15 episodes in.

I am rly thankful for the quick replies
    Last edited by valky94; 2013-04-08 at 09:24 PM.

Awww man you aint seen Dragonball/Dragonball Z? You need some of that in your life, if only to fill in the missing links! I wouldn't bother yourself with DragonBall GT though, you may be wanting it after watching the other two, but don't put yourself through it, you've been warned!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soopa View Post
    Darker Than Black, Ghost In The Shell and Samurai Champloo are some really awesome shows.
    This and black lagoon , Deadman wonderland
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Zetsuen no Tempest.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    Hey dear MMO community.
    I have been watching anime since i was a kid, and now that i have watched some of them (One piece , Naruto, Bleach, Fairy tail, Fullmetal Alchemist normal and brotherhood, Code Geass) i am asking for some suggestions what to watch next that is simmilar to these animes.
    Thanks in advance.
    I'd highly recommend Sword Art Online (SAO) it just recently came out (circa July 2012). Seeing as to how this is an MMO forum and into anime this will certainly be your cup of tea.

(Short Synopsis: virtual reality MMORPG where players aren't able to log out and are forced to beat the game if they want to get out -- if they are die within the MMO they die IRL).

I would definitely recommend watching Drrr (Durarara!!). It's a great show, has terrific writing, and probably has one of the best voice acting casts (the JP version,) in recent memory. One of the main characters (Kida) probably has the most natural sounding voice acting in almost any form of multimedia I've ever seen.

Deleted
    I mainly focus on TV series or long OVA series here:

Hunter X Hunter (I've only seen the original, not the supposedly more childish 2011 version, and it is easily in my top three favorite anime!)
    Basilisk
    Hellsing Ultimate OVA
    Cowboy Bebop
    Black Lagoon
    Trigun

And others here:

Fate Stay Zero
    Berserk
    Claymore (the manga is better)
    Juuni Kokki - Twelve Kingdoms
    Seirei no Moribito

Of course, there are a ton of anime movies and short series that are worth seeing too:

Ghost in the Shell
    Princess Mononoke
    Spirited Away
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Read or Die OVA

And if you want amazing anime that are completely different from the genres in your list:

PlanetES
    Death Note
    Azumanga Daioh
    Eve no Jikan
    Ergo Proxy.

For further recommendations, I have used these two superb sites for years:
    - http://www.anime-planet.com (has explicit "recommendations" for every series and with people's reasons)
    - http://anidb.net (easily the most comprehensive non-Japanese anime database on the planet with the most advanced search engine too, the Google for anime).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-09 at 09:57 PM.

I suggest you check out some review sites as forum suggestions tend to gravitate towards "fanboyism". There are a couple review sites of note if you look around. I personally like themanime.org more as the # of reviewers is small so the reviews are consistent but the review list is quite extensive and objective.

Anyway one of the benefits of reading semi-professional reviews is that you might find something outside of your comfort zone. Your list of watched anime are purely action shounen. There may be other genres that may interest you.

However if you are purely looking for action shounen I second (or third) the HunterxHunter suggestion as it is a very solid series with very consistent plot development unlike some others (cough SAO cough).

15+ Year Old Account
    Skip SAO, you'll only end up bitterly disappointed after watching it.

Baccano. Please go watch Baccano. It is one of the few animes that i have ever seen that truly deserves a 10/10. I would rate it over both FMA:Brotherhood and Code Geass.