Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Katekyō Hitman Reborn! : It has about 203 episodes (at 133 myself :P) and it's fun to watch.

A big warning is that it starts really slow hence a lot of people stop watching it soon. The anime kicks off with the actual purpose around episode 30-40. It it is like Bleach in a lot of ways, though the main characters are 10 times more interesting then let's say Chad or Inoue if you ever watched Bleach. :P

But if you don't like Bleach then you won't like Reborn either as the story telling and combat is similar...

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I've been reading the manga, the show seems to be put together quite well when you compare it to it's manga variant.
    Sadly enough I have too much time and usually can not wait for a show to finish so I take it with bite-size chunks.
    So far it's been a masterpiece but yeah, we're only 4 episodes in.
    I'm with the other guy and wait...though I doubt I'l find it as cool as everybody says it is. I haven't actually heard a lot of decent arguments to why it is good next to "it's badass"...then again I never bothered asking those people for more info as they usually just watch anime for flashy clips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    similar to what you want..

hellsing ultimate
    cowboy bebop
    code geass
    desert punk
    FLCL
    Lupin III
    tower of druaga

missing out if you keep to the same stuff though imo.
    Nice choices. Forgot about Sunabouzu too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm with the other guy and wait...though I doubt I'l find it as cool as everybody says it is. I haven't actually heard a lot of decent arguments to why it is good next to "it's badass"...then again I never bothered asking those people for more info as they usually just watch anime for flashy clips.
    Well, everyone has their own opinion on shows and I can understand your view.

To me it's the asthetics, it's dark and grim without going into the whole "nightmareish" feeling - it feels more down to earth and natural to me.
    The emotions showed in the series feels natural as well, with fear and remorse. It's not over the top like with a anime like Gurren Lagann (which is pleasing as well, for different reasons).
    The animation style stays close to it's manga version which I find nicer then most "super crisp/clean" anime shows that are aired more and more lately.
    While there are times that the animation is a tad lacking (Ugh, I hate CGI) it fits into the whole "down to earth" theme this show has going for.

On the other side, I'm not sure the manga is even finished considering I have only been reading the english translated ones.
    The story (SO FAR) grasps me by my legs and goes amoc with me in a great way.

edit;
    the ending of the show shares a number one spot with madoka magicas ending - it's just fantastic in it's own way.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-04-28 at 08:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Katekyō Hitman Reborn! : It has about 203 episodes (at 133 myself :P) and it's fun to watch.

A big warning is that it starts really slow hence a lot of people stop watching it soon. The anime kicks off with the actual purpose around episode 30-40. It it is like Bleach in a lot of ways, though the main characters are 10 times more interesting then let's say Chad or Inoue if you ever watched Bleach. :P

But if you don't like Bleach then you won't like Reborn either as the story telling and combat is similar...

oh man it is good,sometimes its hard to say why something is good,like why is such food good? you gotta taste it(see it) to understand;
    they did a good job with shingeki no kyojin,its quality anime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    I've been reading the manga, the show seems to be put together quite well when you compare it to it's manga variant.
    Sadly enough I have too much time and usually can not wait for a show to finish so I take it with bite-size chunks.
    So far it's been a masterpiece but yeah, we're only 4 episodes in.
    i usually read manga or manhwa straight away.. currently feng shen ji is my main addiction.. its just amazing.. each week is just epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    While these aren't really similar to those you mentioned, I heavily recommend watching Eureka Seven, Elfen Lied and Kino no Tabi. Also +10 to the one who mentioned Mushishi, fantastic serie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't follow anime too closely these days but I'd recommend Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) which just started airing in April. It's based on pretty solid manga series. It's pretty violent and leans a bit toward horror, with mankind fighting freakish giants that eat people alive, but it's also extremely stylish and well animated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I don't follow anime too closely these days but I'd recommend Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) which just started airing in April. It's based on pretty solid manga series. It's pretty violent and leans a bit toward horror, with mankind fighting freakish giants that eat people alive, but it's also extremely stylish and well animated.
    the show is friggen amazing.

Not going to bother mentioning old shows since people probably have watched them already.

Currently I'm watching the following new shows on a weekly basis, both are mech shows and I've enjoyed watching both

Valvrave the Liberator has a strong start that carried threw each episode, espacily this weeks episode.
    Majestic Prince had a excellent episode 1 but since then (eps 5 now) it hasn't really carried the momentum of a excellent first episode but its still good.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) is a non mech shows I liked but I unlike the other two I don't really feel the need to watch it every week.

Deleted
    Well all the ones i wanted to suggeste you have watched so i say you have a GREAT taste in anime But Dragon ball worht a watch, a good and fun one, fits with the others you have watched. With fun, and some great fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the show is friggen amazing.
    And how about them musics? =D Just mind blowingly good and fit the serie's horror theme very well. The main theme is also freaking awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    I suggest you check out some review sites as forum suggestions tend to gravitate towards "fanboyism". There are a couple review sites of note if you look around. I personally like themanime.org more as the # of reviewers is small so the reviews are consistent but the review list is quite extensive and objective.

Anyway one of the benefits of reading semi-professional reviews is that you might find something outside of your comfort zone. Your list of watched anime are purely action shounen. There may be other genres that may interest you.

However if you are purely looking for action shounen I second (or third) the HunterxHunter suggestion as it is a very solid series with very consistent plot development unlike some others (cough SAO cough).
    Hey some like me are known for making custom lists putting our own feelings aside...Doesn't hurt I like pretty much all anime.

Attack on Titan is easily the show of the season, if not past 2-3 seasons of anime. It actually had me itching for more and I went to check out the manga of it too. The show's actually reordered some of the chapters in a more effective manner than the manga, in my opinion. Instead of having the whole training camp stuff come up as a flashback a few volumes in, they instead used it as a chronological opener to introduce all the characters early, rather than just prior to their direct story involvement.

However, I realised while reading the manga, that it's actually one I'd prefer to see animated. The art style of the anime is just fantastic, capturing a gritty, almost early 90's Ninja Scroll-esque feel in an age of overly clean, blatant cg drawn characters and scenery. I love the toning and shading effects applied to everything and the sheer quality of the animation, which though sometimes betrays that you're watching cgi merged with 2D animation, is rendered moot with the sheer fluidity and artistry applied to every movement and action. I only wish that more anime had this manga-on-screen kind of appearance and feel. Not to mention the music and awesome voice acting, etc, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Attack on Titan is easily the show of the season, if not past 2-3 seasons of anime. It actually had me itching for more and I went to check out the manga of it too. The show's actually reordered some of the chapters in a more effective manner than the manga, in my opinion. Instead of having the whole training camp stuff come up as a flashback a few volumes in, they instead used it as a chronological opener to introduce all the characters early, rather than just prior to their direct story involvement.

However, I realised while reading the manga, that it's actually one I'd prefer to see animated. The art style of the anime is just fantastic, capturing a gritty, almost early 90's Ninja Scroll-esque feel in an age of overly clean, blatant cg drawn characters and scenery. I love the toning and shading effects applied to everything and the sheer quality of the animation, which though sometimes betrays that you're watching cgi merged with 2D animation, is rendered moot with the sheer fluidity and artistry applied to every movement and action. I only wish that more anime had this manga-on-screen kind of appearance and feel. Not to mention the music and awesome voice acting, etc, etc.
    I agree with every point you made Haven't read the manga yet though, don't know if I want to "spoil" it for me :P I hope more people will come in contact with this anime, it's too good to pass by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'd counter the opinion that it is quite a violent anime. I think it's been rather tasteful in some respects. For example, in the first episode, they could have quite happily shown the Titan biting Erens mother in half but they didn't. In the later episode where the women is attempting to give her lover CPR, only for you to realise he doesn't have a lower body any more, and could have shown a lot more. The most I've scene on the gruesome scale is someone with their leg bit of and a few disembodied hands.

I'm loving it though, and cannot wait for next Saturday! Going to see if I can't find the Manga as well. I'm lucky that if I spoil something for myself, I can still quite happily enjoy it in another format.
    RETH

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Attack on titan is all I can recommend, im more of a manga person and I have to say the manga is soooooooooooooooooooo good lmao. I know u didn't ask but here is a list of what I read and some of the anime adaptations are pretty good too
    naruto,bleach, one piece, toriko, beelzebub, jojos bizarre adventure, uzumaki, shingeki no kyojin, histrorys strongest disciple, katekyo hitman reborn, the breaker, veritas, gantz, dgrayman, claymore, fairy tail, kekkaishi, cage of eden, magi, hajime no ippo, kuroko no basuke, gamaran, eyeshield, hunter x hunter, noblesse, defense devil, blue exorcist, deadman wonderland, hungry joker, fist of the blue sky, terraformars

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 07:47 AM ----------

jojo has a anime that's pretty.. different. but I thought I was awesome. I love the whole series it just had its 25 anniversary, so it has to be good to be 25 years and still continuing
    naruto, bleach,one piece, toriko, beelezebub, jojos bizarre adventure, uzumaki , shingeki no kyojin, historys strongest disciple, katekyo hitman reborn, the breaker, veritas, gantz, dgrayman, claymore, fairy tail, kekkaishi, cage of eden, magi, hajime no ippo, kuroko no basuke, gamaran, eyeshield, hunter x hunter, noblesse, defense devil, blue exorcist, deadman wonderland, hungry joker, fist of the blue sky, terraformars, psyren, tough, soul eater, saint seiya

Hmm off the top of my head trying to stick with what you watched

Inuyasha
    Death Note
    Samurai 7
    The Original Gundam,Gundam Wing,Seed,00,and AGE plus their movies tho i have never tried the others
    High school of the Dead
    Dragonball and Dragonball Z (GT is hit and miss some enjoy it but most think its crap)
    Ghost in The Shell
    Yu Yu Hakusho if you liked bleach,one piece and naruto then this is a MUST i give it a 10/10
    Kenshin and Samurai X
    Gurren lagann
    and if you wanna go old school then hit up Akira its a movie and minds will be blown.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2013-06-26 at 09:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can try ElfenLied I mean I enjoyed it allot. also you get really indepth with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hajime no Ippo

On the subject of Advancing Giants/Shingeki no Kyojin, the anime, for obvious reasons, has considerable less gore (if you can call it that) than the manga. The manga is far more explicit when it comes to the titans eating humans scenes.
    Last edited by Grimbold21; 2013-06-27 at 04:57 PM.