Thread: 9778 or 13737?

9778 or 13737?

Hello Everyone!

I've been going back and forth with this for quite some bit and have noticed a lot of chatter about it on these forums in particular. Is it better for an Affliction Lock going Supremacy with RPPM trinkets to forsake mastery and just go all in for haste. Currently Im at 9779 Haste and have considered multiple times going for 13737 on single target fights specifically in order to up my pets dmg and encourage trinket procs. However im not sure if my logic is correct on this.

For Multi Dot fights I've reverted back to more mastery while staying at 9779 haste.

The problem I'm having being convinced of the higher haste cap, is that while yes we talk about it a lot on these forums, going to multiple higher end locks armories, none of them are doing it. So while in theory it "sounds like a good idea" is it in actual application?

Further, if its shown to be more beneficial to stretch our haste ratings, is that correct in all situations? I.E. Single Target VS. Multi Target.

Thanks for any responses!

Here's my armory if needed http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evega/advanced

I would suggest 9778 until you can get to 13737 with a decent amount of mastery(around 4000), most people are going to say 9778 because they just haven't been able to get to 13737 to have a true opinion of the matter(I have not either but logically with the new trinkets and the multiple cleave fights this tier it makes sense; plus more haste is always fun), I see it being the best with two PPM trinkets.
    Last edited by Kink; 2013-04-08 at 09:12 PM.

Currently at 13737 Haste I'm able to maintain 5568 Mastery Rating unbuffed.

Simmed at 3k DPS difference infavor of the haste build at 13737.

Also wondering would the number of targets effect the value of haste vs mastery? Would I do more dps on council with a heavy haste build or heavy mastery build considering I multi dot everything?
    Last edited by maelcrum; 2013-04-08 at 09:22 PM.

You have six int+haste gems. You could switch those to exp+haste gems (if you can reforge enough hit to mastery) and get 960 more mastery.

EDIT: You should be able to get 3800 hit, 960 expertise, 13840 haste, 6471 mastery and 2674 crit. That would sim your character at 148782 dps and put your stat values to Int 4.84, SP 3.84, Hit 2.89, Crit 2.07, Haste 3.12 and Mastery 2.76.
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2013-04-08 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    You have six int+haste gems. You could switch those to exp+haste gems (if you can reforge enough hit to mastery) and get 960 more mastery.

EDIT: You should be able to get 3800 hit, 960 expertise, 13840 haste, 6471 mastery and 2674 crit. That would sim your character at 148782 dps and put your stat values to Int 4.84, SP 3.84, Hit 2.89, Crit 2.07, Haste 3.12 and Mastery 2.76.
    Good Catch, Thank you! But I like staying hit capped. I believe I need somewhere around 4760 to maintain that, and doing quick math it would offset the gain from mastery by switching gems. Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by maelcrum View Post
    Good Catch, Thank you! But I like staying hit capped. I believe I need somewhere around 4760 to maintain that, and doing quick math it would offset the gain from mastery by switching gems. Unless I'm missing something.
    Exp = hit and with 3800 hit, 960 exp and human racial, you'll get exactly 15% hit.

I am using Wowreforge for reforging but it has some flaws (doesn't recognize prismatic socket in sha-touched weapon or upgraded stats in T14 items). If you want to reach those exact values, socket new gems, import your character to Wowreforge and manually enter new stats for your legs and weapon. Then set two reforging caps "Hit at least 3800" and "Haste at least 13520" (over cap weight: 0 in both cases) and you should get correct results and see how you should reforge your gear.
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2013-04-08 at 10:18 PM.

Well I'm an idiot. Thanks for that catch!

I still wonder about haste caps with pandemic and all...as long as you dont let your dots fall off.

EDIT: lol it took me a day to notice i put hitcaps not haste caps
    Last edited by vaeevictiss; 2013-04-10 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    Hope people don't mind me tagging onto this thread but I have a question pertaining to it.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about haste becoming a lot better for Affliction Warlocks right now and I believe it's due to the RPPM nature of most of the new trinkets. Am I correct in thinking that once you have one, or two RPPM trinkets, the value of haste outweighs the value of Mastery? Of course, I know that Simming my character will give me an indication of such but I'd at least like some human perspective rather than putting all of my faith into simcraft.

Furthermore, I am curious about another issue, which is, if for example I can only reach one haste breakpoint, for example 6637 and don't have enough haste to reach the next one (9778), is it worth keeping your haste around 6637 and focusing on Mastery or still stacking haste even if you can't reach the next breakpoint. Again, I know simming might provide me with an answer but I'm still not overly familiar with Simcraft, I can run my character through it to get my stat weights but that's about it.

Thank you for any input.
    Last edited by mmoc910f887fec; 2013-04-10 at 06:41 AM.

I dont know about anyone else but im 525 ilvl and my gear just seems to have waaay too much hit on it. In almost all blue sockets, I am just ignoring the socket color because gemming any hit for me is a complete waste (same for gemming expertise). Reforging everything out of hit and only gemming a 80 int/160 hit gem 1 time, im just on hit cap. I imagine if u try to get for expertise or hit in more than 1-2 gem sockets you will have an abundance of hit, depending on your gear.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I dont know about anyone else but im 525 ilvl and my gear just seems to have waaay too much hit on it. In almost all blue sockets, I am just ignoring the socket color because gemming any hit for me is a complete waste (same for gemming expertise). Reforging everything out of hit and only gemming a 80 int/160 hit gem 1 time, im just on hit cap. I imagine if u try to get for expertise or hit in more than 1-2 gem sockets you will have an abundance of hit, depending on your gear.
    I am in the same boat as you. I think I have something like 26-27% hit unreforged totally and with just forgoing a few socket bonuses to attempt to drop hit rating and proper reforging I am nearly 16% still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericprydz View Post
    I am in the same boat as you. I think I have something like 26-27% hit unreforged totally and with just forgoing a few socket bonuses to attempt to drop hit rating and proper reforging I am nearly 16% still.
    Yep, exactly same for me. I have 11 hit items and 522 ilvl. I have to pass 80% of items in ToT because they include hit and im already over.