Transferring Character to New Battle.net Account

So recently I was browsing around to see if it was possible to put a character onto another battle.net account (not WoW account) as long as the names on each account was the same. However, would this still b possible if the old account is expired, and will it cost money to do so or can I just call them and hace the character switched?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, although I don't think you can do it automatically. You may need to call them, but it shouldn't be an issue if the names are the same. Why would you want to, though? Apparently you'll lose mounts and achievements earned by that character.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes, although I don't think you can do it automatically. You may need to call them, but it shouldn't be an issue if the names are the same. Why would you want to, though? Apparently you'll lose mounts and achievements earned by that character.
    The only thing you will lose is some quest progress but not whole achievements or mounts. For instance if the character you are moving has done 6000 daily quests toward the 10000 achievement, they will not be added to the total on the new account.

The only mounts you cant bring with you are profession or class mounts that that character cant use.

When I transferred my pally to another bnet account just after MoP, the only thing I noticed was that the "gold looted" ach wasnt added between accounts which was annoying since the character stats show the amount it has looted and they nerfed raid gold drops so looting gold is slow slow slow now.

If you really wanted to, you would have to call up Blizzard Customer Service. If you explain the situation, and give them all the appropriate information to verify your separate accounts, They will get it done lickity-split! Good luck!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    The only thing you will lose is some quest progress but not whole achievements or mounts. For instance if the character you are moving has done 6000 daily quests toward the 10000 achievement, they will not be added to the total on the new account.

The only mounts you cant bring with you are profession or class mounts that that character cant use.

When I transferred my pally to another bnet account just after MoP, the only thing I noticed was that the "gold looted" ach wasnt added between accounts which was annoying since the character stats show the amount it has looted and they nerfed raid gold drops so looting gold is slow slow slow now.
    General shared ones might be okay, but a couple other times we've had threads like this, people have posted to say that they lost particular mounts on the donor account. One example someone specifically mentioned was the original ZA bear.

Quick search pulls up this one with someone posting a ticket from GM stating as much.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-04-09 at 06:05 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

So long as the other account is on a Battle.net account, and the last names on each of the accounts is the same, it shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind that accounts that are at an equal or lower level expansion, can send characters to other accounts that are higher (original account is only up to Cataclysm - can send to a Mists of Pandaria account), however this can't happen in the reverse (character on a Mists account cannot go to an account that only has Cata). Here's the complete FAQ page. Please PM me if there's anything else I can clear up