Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Burst is meant to be addressed via Resilience. The problem is they added PvP Power, so any mitigation provided by Resilience was lost, and burst was back to its ridiculous levels. With the upcoming patch, higher base resilience, and next to no PvP Power, burst should be be under control. No need for counter-intuitive mechanisms

Only concern would be that healing might become too powerful (as it happened in prior expansions as Resilience went up) but at least this time they have Battle Fatigue to fine-tune that.
    They don't remove PvP power, as if they did, we would all go full PvE. Also only base resilience is higher, but resilience gets stripped off of (most) gear. So Burst isn't under control, no.

Also healing get's nerfed opposed to how it is on live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post
    Burst is meant to be addressed via Resilience. The problem is they added PvP Power, so any mitigation provided by Resilience was lost, and burst was back to its ridiculous levels. With the upcoming patch, higher base resilience, and next to no PvP Power, burst should be be under control. No need for counter-intuitive mechanisms

Only concern would be that healing might become too powerful (as it happened in prior expansions as Resilience went up) but at least this time they have Battle Fatigue to fine-tune that.
    Exactly this. I think drinking should be prohibited from arena as well, as if the damage goes too low, healing becomes too OP. It's so difficult to get the balance just right, but you should be able to oom a healer imo. If you can't, certain classes immediately become so unviable due to bad CC/interrupts.

Deleted
    Interesting concept, would need a lot of analysing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I think we can already confirm, that Blizzard think, the current game is fine as it is, there were 2 major patches so far this expansion, and neither adressed the burst issue head on.

Buy the next expansion, everything will be better!
    Blizzard nerfed warrior's burst by a lot, nerfed hunter burst. The biggest changes are coming in 5.3, average ressilience going up. PVE gear going away, huge ilvl differences between people are being tuned down.

There are many people whining how healing is too strong, and the burst should be bigger, now who is right?

Besides if you dont like it, dont play it, no matter what people say, this is one of the most balanced seasons, and it will definitely get better after 5.3.

If Burst wasn´t "unhealable", what else? Turning everytihng into dots would certainly scare off 80% of the pvp community. PVP Balancing IS hard, and it will never be fair unless they completely get rid of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If Burst wasn´t "unhealable", what else? Turning everytihng into dots would certainly scare off 80% of the pvp community. PVP Balancing IS hard, and it will never be fair unless they completely get rid of gear.
    Which wont happen since apparently most of the playerbase play MMORPGs because of the "power increase" model of gear and levels in PvP, if what people spout on forums is true.

I'd rather have a competitive PvP environment, considering that PvP is just an addition to the main PvE content of the game, there isn't really much of a reason for it to follow the same gear model (progressively getting stronger) since it isn't what the game was designed for.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardi View Post

What you talking about? PvP power will have its worth doubles, items which had x pvp resi and y pvp power will now have x+y pvp power

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 05:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Blizzard nerfed warrior's burst by a lot, nerfed hunter burst. The biggest changes are coming in 5.3, average ressilience going up. PVE gear going away, huge ilvl differences between people are being tuned down.

There are many people whining how healing is too strong, and the burst should be bigger, now who is right?

Besides if you dont like it, dont play it, no matter what people say, this is one of the most balanced seasons, and it will definitely get better after 5.3.
    If you think they adressed burst, you definitely wasn't playing in Wotlk let alone in TBC. Rogues, Hunters, Warriors, Rets with ilvl 522 pve trinket from shadow pan assult do batshit crazy burst on opening.

They did bandaged few classes, but as i said with "head on", they still at the same place. Burst is WAAAAAY out of control. But you ask, who is right? Neither. Healign should be nerfed by around 50% in pvp, burst and overall dmg should be nerfed by a 30-50% and andress the number of instant/aoe ccs or remove half of them from the game
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2013-04-09 at 05:11 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Option 2 seems to be the avenue Blizzard's been taking. They changed abilities like Lynx Rush and a portion of Chaos Bolt into dots. It doesn't sound to far-fetched for them to give that treatment to more of the super bursty abilities.

People seem to be confusing a lot of different feedback.

PvP resilience baseline will be slightly lower than the amount we have now. PvP power seems to have gotten buffed on the 5.3 PTR (went from 48% in 5.2 to 56% in 5.3 PTR). This is to ensure that pvp geared players will continue to be able to compete with end game pve geared players in world pvp. This brings about another arms race where burst will only increase more and anymore while resilience stays the same.

The complaints against healers is that when dps don't have burst cds or when they only pop one burst cd at a time, a healer can keep up two targets at the same time without breaking a sweat or using any of his own cds and even sitting cc chains. But when literally any class cd stacks it goes the opposite way to where a healer cd stacking against that burst still can't manage to keep their ally alive.

Heals can be toned down once cd stacking is toned down. Every class has way too many burst cds and those cds stacked together at least double to triple the classes' damage output.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-04-09 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

While getting globaled isn't fun, I certainly prefer this new type of PvP to the older grind matches in TBC and WoTLK. Nothing was more boring than 40 minute draws because neither team could take down the other.

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    While getting globaled isn't fun, I certainly prefer this new type of PvP to the older grind matches in TBC and WoTLK. Nothing was more boring than 40 minute draws because neither team could take down the other.
    WotLK matches could never be considered grindy. Even without the pve items in s6/s7.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I met so many wizards it was crazy. Ele/Destro + healer in 30% of the games at least.

Nerf pve trinkets.
    Example: Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
    This kind of trinket does so much additional damage..
    Last edited by walled56; 2013-04-09 at 06:34 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walled56 View Post
    Nerf pve trinkets.
    Example: Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault
    This kind of trinket does so much additional damage..
    The shadow pan assult trinkets are beyond retarded in pvp right now.
    Time is on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    What you talking about? PvP power will have its worth doubles, items which had x pvp resi and y pvp power will now have x+y pvp power
    Where did you get this info from, the doubling of PvP Power, source please?

All I can think of is that:
    a) You're incorrect.
    b) You've got an inside source.
    c) I've missed tons of PvP information.

I'm leaning towards a) atm. Please reply

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would make healers way too hard to kill, and I play a healer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    Where did you get this info from, the doubling of PvP Power, source please?

All I can think of is that:
    a) You're incorrect.
    b) You've got an inside source.
    c) I've missed tons of PvP information.

I'm leaning towards a) atm. Please reply
    I worded my comment wrong, its not "doubled", just increased, there was a picture/post on the front page of mmoc, how it will look like. Resilience's value will be added to PvP Power, so for example, current weapons gives around 3k pvp power and 300 resilience, after the patch, it will be 3.3k pvp power
    Time is on our side

I think its kind of weird how everyone asks for burst to be toned down and buff sustain, but then you have classes like unholy Dks that have the most sustain and least burst out of any class which still gets complained about. The game is really at the point where damage has scaled up way more than what our effective health pools are atm I think. Look at the PvE boss health compared to what ours are. I know we have resilience but it doesn't seem like enough still when you are getting globaled still.

These 2 ideas would make healers unkillable for sure.