Thread: Ele Dps Help!

Ele Dps Help!

Hi, I posted back during FL for help on my alt's dps (Ele Sham) and got great feedback so I was hoping to get some more this from you guys again!

My main is a healing monk, and I put a lot of focus into that toon, however I've gotten a bit more time and gear to start working on my ele sham once more, so I can be competitive in alt runs and openraid groups!! I've been doing fairly well but I noticed after running sims that I'm pulling a lot less than what I should be. Obviously, Jade Spirit, a better trinket, and getting rid of crap gear is going to help, however those options aren't available to me at the time.
    I ran the sim on a target dummy, with my current gear/talent choices/buffs and it's saying I should be doing about 68k on average. However I'm pulling much less at 61k. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, I was wondering if I could get some feedback on my rotation to see what I'm missing to help boost that up.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=427&e=695

Thanks in advanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt use earth elemental, think its not a huge gain but a gain none the less, something like 1% dps. Otherwise nothing stands out in my untrained eye.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mintz/advanced is this you? Does sim take in to account unenchanted gear, i assume it does.

not sure how familiar you are with simcraft's extra options (or what you ran yours at), but keep in mind that you did (or rather, posted) one 252 second go at a target dummy, by yourself, whereas simcraft, by default, would have run you at full raid buffs and debuffs. it will also default to a fight length of 350 seconds (giving you another opportunity to use your fire elemental). drayk is right about earth ele - he's not much, but he's still extra dps.

your lava burst & ele blast numbers look about right. flame shock at 94% isn't dreadful. the only one i'm really seeing are fulmination casts - you had just 8 over the 252 second period, which is one every 31.5 seconds. keep an eye on your lightning shield charges and don't be afraid to fire fulmination off before you have 7.

teslah// recruitment officer for SWARM of thrall
    part of the immortal gaming network

Deleted
    Double check SimC settings as others have noted. SimC defaults to all buffs and one major buff I can see your lacking is a flask. That's 1000 intellect straight off the bat (even more if your an alchemist) which can theoretically be a few thousand dps in itself. And the lack of potion also, which the default cast priority always uses. Your fulminations seem alright though. Seems you got about 50 procs over the course of your fight and were firing them slightly less than you should have, but nothing too drastic.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2013-04-09 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fimbulvetr View Post
    not sure how familiar you are with simcraft's extra options (or what you ran yours at), but keep in mind that you did (or rather, posted) one 252 second go at a target dummy, by yourself, whereas simcraft, by default, would have run you at full raid buffs and debuffs. it will also default to a fight length of 350 seconds (giving you another opportunity to use your fire elemental). drayk is right about earth ele - he's not much, but he's still extra dps.

your lava burst & ele blast numbers look about right. flame shock at 94% isn't dreadful. the only one i'm really seeing are fulmination casts - you had just 8 over the 252 second period, which is one every 31.5 seconds. keep an eye on your lightning shield charges and don't be afraid to fire fulmination off before you have 7.

For simcraft (being a healer I don't often use it so I'm not as familiar with it as others would be) I made sure to check off the buffs and debuffs that weren't present that ele doesn't already give (such as mastery, and sp). I did notice the 94% and was a bit surprised at how low it was, I don't recall it ever dropping during that period, and I do track it as well as my lightning shield charges. For whatever reason I have periods where I'm spamming lightning bolt however not gaining very many charges, I figured it was an RNG deal.
    When I was more into my ele sham back in FL, and after asking endus a few questions the idea behind ES was to use it between 7-8 stacks and never really letting it reach 9 (because you could lose stacks if you stay at the cap for too long). That's what I try to do here but I feel like 5 stacks isn't enough, and I shoot for 6.
    Looking back at the options for sims I had it set to default (which was 450). I just now set it to 250 and ran it again and the dps was actually a bit higher (went up by 400), so I'm still missing out on about 7k somewhere, I'll hop in game real fast and see if flasking and potting will give me that 7k as well as popping my Earth Ele.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Didnt use earth elemental, think its not a huge gain but a gain none the less, something like 1% dps. Otherwise nothing stands out in my untrained eye.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Mintz/advanced is this you? Does sim take in to account unenchanted gear, i assume it does.
    I don't know, I assumed Sim took what I gave it. I'll go ahead and enchant those real fast and see what I get (been getting lots of upgrades and completely forgot to enchant).

I'll post back here in a few when I get more logs, also is there a way I can export my Sim results and post here?

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 02:41 PM ----------

That seems to have fixed the problem, I didn't realize how much that adds ~.~ (shame on me for not using a pot all this time)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...?s=1974&e=2257

Thanks for the help!!

Deleted
    Can I hijack this thread with one question: I did today 135.1k dps on 10man Jin'rokh normal (was our first raid in ages) using AS+PE as many have suggested on this boss. However I might need a little bit more clarification: should you be reforging to all-out haste or just stop at 6050~ (if you can't reach the next plateau 7860?~) and then rest mastery when using this combo? My haste seems just so high with AS, might also only be a situation of getting used to it.

Also, can someone run SimC for my toon (I know it will take a chunk of your time but I'm heading for work) and post which talent setups are best for my current gear. I'm also not that well accustomed to SimC that I could get the best answer out of it.
    I'll promise to give a /hug to the person that does this ;>

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not great at these things, but with your current build the difference was 107k against a PE/AS build doing 105k the stat priority for your build is mastery > haste for pe its haste>mastery. (patchwerk fight, full buffs and with elite player skills set)

There is no haste target for pe/as you just aim to not be constantly soft capped which is 50%, its not possible for you to do in your gear, only during BL will you be soft capped, and thats not an issue, your trinket gives about 20% haste when it procs so just avoid above below 30%.

My gear sims EB an extra 2k dps too, its so marginal but I found I did more with AS/PE due to the easier rotation and because LB is cast on the move, during movement fights its far superior for my inept skills. On movement fights the sims are pretty much identical for both of us :S
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-04-11 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    /hugs to draykorinee <3 Thank you for your answer!