Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Patch 5.2 Hotfixes: April 10

Elemental and Restoration Shamans are now eligible for caster staves that give a bonus to Spirit ( Giorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods, and Suen-Wo, Spire of the Falling Sun) in Raid Finder difficulty and via bonus rolls.

Elemental Shamans are now eligible for caster staves that give a bonus to Hit ( Dinomancer's Spiritbinding Spire) in Raid Finder difficulty and via bonus rolls.
    can't post links here: wowhead.com/news=211998/patch-5-2-hotfixes-april-10-throne-of-thunder-and-shado-pan-assault-trinkets

us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8953693/Patch_52_Hotfixes_April_10-4_9_2013
    Last edited by Amourette; 2013-04-11 at 08:52 AM.

So, like i said it was bullshit.

Why many people fell the need to defend the 8th fix is beyond my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Does that really happen? As far as I know long CD's don't reset after wipes, they just cool off based on their timers like everything else.....the reincarnation thing is a special example cause that boss fight has a limited amount of tries. Having Reincarnate reset after a wipe is not going to happen since the 30 min cd was put in place specifically so Shaman couldn't rely on a self rez on every single fight or boss attempt, but at 15min its long enough for like every OTHER boss fight or wipe, but short enough that you don't feel like its rarely useable.

@ 2H Staffs for Shaman

Personally I think 2H staffs should still be on the loot tables and Shaman allowed to need roll on them in LFR, the difference between a 2H Staff or 1H/shield or 1H/OH isn't that big and Shaman were able to use the 2H legendary staff in the past. I can kinda understand for the bonus loot rolls, if they work like I think they do you aren't competing with other players for those rolls so since it rolls gear that your class can use it makes sense that you get bonus rolls that prefer a 1H and Shield over a 2H Staff, but it should not be totally excluded. Shaman are still restricted from certain types of weapons like 1H caster swords, so 2H staffs should be available.

I thought it was only for this one boss and its loot drops but people are making it sound like it will effect Shaman in all LFR loot drops so just wanna post my opinion.
    yes, cd 5m and greater are reset upon wipe

Now that the hotfix is in, I am about to do Horridon LFR later.

Should I be coining him for that Dinomancer staff, or do I wait for next Monday's restart for it to work? OR have I misunderstood what a server restart means (those 15 minute breaks that happen occasionally)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edlike View Post
    yes, cd 5m and greater are reset upon wipe
    Then they should make it apply to Reincarnate on every wipe, or reduce teh CD to 15min.....long overdue update!

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they should make it apply to Reincarnate on every wipe, or reduce teh CD to 15min.....long overdue update!
    I remember a while back I read somewhere that resetting on wipe would make it just another Brez and we might potetially have to give up our self rez for raid then. I don't remember actual source but I think 15 cd would be a lot better.

Edit: I actually think 40 - 45% health and 30% mana back on anhk would be a better buff than a shorter CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I remember a while back I read somewhere that resetting on wipe would make it just another Brez and we might potetially have to give up our self rez for raid then. I don't remember actual source but I think 15 cd would be a lot better.

Edit: I actually think 40 - 45% health and 30% mana back on anhk would be a better buff than a shorter CD.
    its A brez just 4 the shaman not the entire raid so u cant count it as another b rez. it would b different if having a shaman in ur group caused every1 in your raid group to benefit from the reincarnate IE if a raid member died he could hit the reincarnate and put the shaman's ability on CD. but since that is not the case its just another CD for shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    its A brez just 4 the shaman not the entire raid so u cant count it as another b rez. it would b different if having a shaman in ur group caused every1 in your raid group to benefit from the reincarnate IE if a raid member died he could hit the reincarnate and put the shaman's ability on CD. but since that is not the case its just another CD for shaman.
    Well I remember what Cai is talkin about, Blizz said they didn't want the brez to be short enough that Shaman could rely on it for every single wipe....that would give us 2 lives basically with no penalty like the people with Brez get. It's true that it only works on us which makes it slightly different but I do get Blizz's point......although a 15min CD is still much more reasonable since that is like every other boss fight (average of 8min per boss) or like every 3rd or 4th wipe depending on how far into the fight you get. A 30min Cd is just way too long and kinda ridiuclous considering they don't have any long Cd's like that anymore.

Well I remember what Cai is talkin about, Blizz said they didn't want the brez to be short enough that Shaman could rely on it for every single wipe....that would give us 2 lives basically with no penalty like the people with Brez get. It's true that it only works on us which makes it slightly different but I do get Blizz's point......although a 15min CD is still much more reasonable since that is like every other boss fight (average of 8min per boss) or like every 3rd or 4th wipe depending on how far into the fight you get. A 30min Cd is just way too long and kinda ridiuclous considering they don't have any long Cd's like that anymore.
    they are too afraid of raids cheesing mechanics with shaman ankhs too often. Which would be fine, if it wasnt for fact, that rogues, DKs, mages, SPs, Locks, hunters, paladins and monks are all able to cheese certain mechanics, too. Apparently cheesing the mechanic through dying and loosing the food buff is too OP compared to skillfully press that once ability, take close to zero damage and keep your buff up. Oh wait, I forgot, Resto shaman would be dying on purpose to get those 60k mana back. Ankh too OP.

Seriously, whats the problem with being able to rely on your abilities every try? If they are afraid of stacking shamans, just make limit specific for ankhs used, 2 in 10man, 5 in 25man, reduce the CD to 15 minutes and reset on wipe and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    "Armor does nothing major for shaman"

Are you god damn serious? Do you realise that the most AE dmg in ToT which kills you, eg on Horridon HC is physical damage? Whereas other classes like Warlocks (passive -10% dmg and +10%) have passive mitigation, we'll relly on armor as dmg reduction, even in PvE.
    that is not correct. there was a blue post or a tweet by some blizzard employee that the damage of raid wide abilities is not reduced by armor and simply is a flat value equal for everyone to not give some classes an advantage over another one.
    however if you get hit by some bat during horidon fight a shield is of course better here instead of a staff as this dmg should be reduced by armor.

I don't buy the explanation anymore when you have skills like Cauterize, Purgatory, and to a lesser extent Dark Bargain, Bubble and Ice Block. These can be used multiple times a fight and you don't lose your buffs and food in the process.

There's no reason we couldn't half the CD and/or have it reset on wipes.