Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WTF April 8th hotfix?!

Giorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods is no longer being awarded to Elemental and Restoration Shamans on Raid Finder difficulty or via bonus rolls.
    Engaging Ra-den now resets the cooldown on Reincarnation for Shamans.
    Could someone please explain this too me.
    The staff looks like a shaman weapon (and I want it).
    Why is the CD on Reincarnation reset only for that boss?

The staff linked was the ilvl 522 staff so its not suppose to drop on raid finder difficulty and I think the reset is just for progression guilds since it does only have a 30 attempt limit.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno the first.

And I would guess guilds are pounding away at it trying to be first, and are tired of waiting out the CD before the next attempt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Because the guilds that are on it will need to wait 20 Mins+ per attempt since you only get 30 pulls a week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    Current top raids are most likely waiting every attempt for reincarnate CD before pulling. Soo, rather then spending hours between pulls, get in, try again, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably because the mechanics were very complex for a boss such as Ra'Den.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

@op: You don't see a problem with a Heroic staff dropping in LFR? Also, limited attempts on Ra-Den means no one is going to waste attempts when shamans don't have Ankh up.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    @op: You don't see a problem with a Heroic staff dropping in LFR? Also, limited attempts on Ra-Den means no one is going to waste attempts when shamans don't have Ankh up.
    It doesn't say anywhere in there about the heroic version dropping in LFR

Seems kind of a random change, almost as if they're moving us away from staffs considering the other 2 staves are not on the loot list for elemental shamans.

Thank fuck I coined the heroic version this week before this change.

Quote Originally Posted by EruptorNZ View Post

It doesn't say anywhere in there about the heroic version dropping in LFR

Thank fuck I coined the heroic version this week before this change.
    *facepalm*

^Pretty sure he means coined from heroic Ji-kun.

Pretty stupid and unnecessary change.

To all the people saying that was a hotfix for the normal/heroic staff dropping on LFR: http://i.imgur.com/h8q3Wtb.png

Look like we're not meant to use a staff.
    LOLINFRACTED

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    Last time I saw an Ele shaman with a staff was in cataclysm. Dragonwrath that is.

EDIT: First and last time*
    Last edited by Razecog; 2013-04-09 at 07:05 AM.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Last time I saw an Ele shaman with a staff was in cataclysm. Dragonwrath that is.

EDIT: First and last time*
    Why does it matter? A shaman having armor is about as important as a mage or warlock having it. Unless you are pvping it doesn't matter what weapon type you use.

Also with haste / spirit being the secondary stats on this weapon it seems a bit silly that blizzard would not let us use it / bonus roll for it since it is could be considered bis before you get into heroics.
    Last edited by Jacob6875; 2013-04-09 at 07:23 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Why does it matter? A shaman having armor is about as important as a mage or warlock having it. Unless you are pvping it doesn't matter what weapon type you use.
    Pretty much this, unless the main hand + off hand stats are greater than the staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fest View Post
    To all the people saying that was a hotfix for the normal/heroic staff dropping on LFR: http://i.imgur.com/h8q3Wtb.png

Take that like a pinch of salt. MMO-Champion added their own item link in their news post. The patch notes from the official site have no such link and could easily be the heroic staff not dropping in normal.

Also with haste / spirit being the secondary stats on this weapon it seems a bit silly that blizzard would not let us use it / bonus roll for it since it is could be considered bis before you get into heroics.
    This. Even if MH/OH would theoretically be better with the enchant taken into account, that would be like excluding DKs from 1H str weapons because 2H frost performs better.

Deleted
    Yes and no. Extra portion of armor would be handy to mages as well (locks dont need surv boost) and is handy to every pve'er. For some fights most of damage taken (even damage taken by raid from aoes and stuff) is melee which is reduced by armor. And shield gives huge portion. Only exception when was generally staff over mh+shield was mentioned Dragonwrath.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone supporting the giorgio's change is foolish, if they don't want Shamans to use staves than they need to remove staves from being used by Shaman. Idiotic change. Armor does nothing major for us, if a staff is more dps over my current mh/oh I will use the staff just like I am now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Anyone supporting the giorgio's change is foolish, if they don't want Shamans to use staves than they need to remove staves from being used by Shaman. Idiotic change. Armor does nothing major for us, if a staff is more dps over my current mh/oh I will use the staff just like I am now.
    Just because they removed one staff from our loot table doesn't mean they don't want us using staffs at all. Considering, if you include trash/shared boss loot, that Elementals have access to over 10 weapons available to them this tier, and with the release of the next raid wing in lfr soon, they will finally have access to them all, it could well be that they are simply trying to reduce the clutter a wee bit for lfr raiders, since getting a weapon when you already have one is already frustrating enough, never mind a possibly worse item.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2013-04-09 at 07:56 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Just because they removed one staff from our loot table doesn't mean they don't want us using staffs at all. Considering, if you include trash/shared boss loot, that Elementals have access to over 10 weapons available to them this tier, and with the release of the next raid wing in lfr soon, they will finally have access to them all, it could well be that they are simply trying to reduce the clutter a wee bit for lfr raiders, since getting a weapon when you already have one is already frustrating enough, never mind a possibly worse item.
    Then they should simply remove them from only LFR and LFR bonus rolls, not LFR and bonus rolls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Then they should simply remove them from only LFR and LFR bonus rolls, not LFR and bonus rolls.
    Providing my initial post was right and they were only trying to reduce clutter in LFR. However, they may have just wanted to reduce weapon clutter across all difficulties, in which case it was the right change to make. You can still get the weapon via normal drops if you really want it badly. Removing one weapon from a pool of 10 available when I have no control what I receive from the pool either seems like a good change to me.