Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this change seems to address some issue apart from shaman using a staff.

the 1h/oh 1h/shield vs. staff argument has been settled for a long time. no need to bring it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Mages and Warlocks cant obtain the spirit sword via LFR or mogu rune. Wasted weapon drop for raids without a holy paladin.. :>
    Let the Mistweaver Monk have it then.

Deleted
    the first time we've seen an epic caster fist weapon ever
    Actually, there was a caster fist weapon in Naxx 80.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763

Considering the lack of shield drops (only one available in T14, have yet to see one drop in a MoP raid), it's a shame if they really take staves off the shaman loot tables.
    Last edited by mmoc9ec9e3cdc6; 2013-04-09 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahia View Post
    Actually, there was a caster fist weapon in Naxx 80.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=39763

Considering the lack of shield drops (only one available in T14, have yet to see one drop in a MoP raid), it's a shame if they really take staves off the shaman loot tables.
    This time around however there are 2 shields and 3 off hands available. I know some would prefer the shield, but at least there are plenty of off hands if your luck is that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Also with haste / spirit being the secondary stats on this weapon it seems a bit silly that blizzard would not let us use it / bonus roll for it since it is could be considered bis before you get into heroics.
    In what way does a weapon having haste on it somehow make it "BiS before you get into heroics" for a resto shaman?

Haste is a pretty weak stat for us, and there's so much haste on tier gear / other pieces in ToT it is extremely easy to reach the 3764 haste breakpoint in 522 gear without a weapon.

The dagger from Durumu is massively better itemised than that staff....

While armor maybe nice for some fights my major issue is that people like me are super unlucky with even getting a shield. According to my armory I have killed the 3rd boss in msv 23 times in Raid finder as well as 12 times in normal without seeing 1 shield. (pretty sure i used a bunch of bonus rolls in normal mode as well). I also have yet to see one in ToT.

Currently I am using the 496 staff from Lei shi that I got on a bonus roll from our 1st kill but if blizzard didn't have that option I would probably still be using the 476 crafted fan or a blue shield as my offhand 6 months into the expansion.

Also with the addition of Shamanistic rage and 10% passive damage reduction in 5.3 armor is even less important now than it may have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    In what way does a weapon having haste on it somehow make it "BiS before you get into heroics" for a resto shaman?

Haste is a pretty weak stat for us, and there's so much haste on tier gear / other pieces in ToT it is extremely easy to reach the 3764 haste breakpoint in 522 gear without a weapon.

The dagger from Durumu is massively better itemised than that staff....
    I meant from a elemental POV. sry
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    1> This doesn't reduce your chances of getting loot. Removing an item from the loot table makes everything else slightly more likely to show up.

2> This is about LFR loot distribution, which deliberately makes some items class- or role-specific even though they could be used by other classes/specs. It doesn't affect anything else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    1> This doesn't reduce your chances of getting loot. Removing an item from the loot table makes everything else slightly more likely to show up.

2> This is about LFR loot distribution, which deliberately makes some items class- or role-specific even though they could be used by other classes/specs. It doesn't affect anything else.
    But what is the point of this change? Why is Blizzard deciding instead of me what loot I want/need? My resto gear is not very good and I would use this staff with pleasure if it dropped for me.

Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 1h

@MattyCrossley It's a tough one. We heard from shaman upset that we would give them a 2H weapon and not allow use of their shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadri View Post
    But what is the point of this change? Why is Blizzard deciding instead of me what loot I want/need? My resto gear is not very good and I would use this staff with pleasure if it dropped for me.
    The "point" is to make LFR gear itemization simple. They're deciding for you because it's LFR, and the gear system is designed to decide for you. That's the only point of the system. It's been leaving potential upgrades off loot lists since inception.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    Greg Street ‏@Ghostcrawler 1h

@MattyCrossley It's a tough one. We heard from shaman upset that we would give them a 2H weapon and not allow use of their shield.
    Seems reasonable. I know I was enticed into rolling a shaman because of the ability to wear a shield instead of an off hand and so were many others. And if you want the staff, you can still obtain it as a normal drop in normal/heroic modes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do want to know though if I use a coin on Ji Kun HC can the staff drop.

As Ji Kun is the only HC boss that can drop a weapon for me atm, that staff is a massive upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I do want to know though if I use a coin on Ji Kun HC can the staff drop.

As Ji Kun is the only HC boss that can drop a weapon for me atm, that staff is a massive upgrade.
    Says LFR and bonus loot rolls. Gonna assume it means bonus loot rolls across all difficulties for now.

Deleted
    Horridon and twin staff has never showed up as shaman loot at all (any difficulty) so not really surprised to see a change. Kind of surprised to see the change this way though, by making the 3rd staff impossible to get through coin.
    To person pointing out the random drop weapons: lol. Droprate on those are abysmal. Ele seems to be down to 1 fist weapon, 2 daggers and 1 mace now for coin weapon choices (or lfr).

10+ Year Old Account
    Reincarnation should be a 15min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Reincarnation should be a 15min CD.
    It should just reset after every raid wipe like all other <3:00 min CD's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    It should just reset after every raid wipe like all other <3:00 min CD's
    Does that really happen? As far as I know long CD's don't reset after wipes, they just cool off based on their timers like everything else.....the reincarnation thing is a special example cause that boss fight has a limited amount of tries. Having Reincarnate reset after a wipe is not going to happen since the 30 min cd was put in place specifically so Shaman couldn't rely on a self rez on every single fight or boss attempt, but at 15min its long enough for like every OTHER boss fight or wipe, but short enough that you don't feel like its rarely useable.

@ 2H Staffs for Shaman

Personally I think 2H staffs should still be on the loot tables and Shaman allowed to need roll on them in LFR, the difference between a 2H Staff or 1H/shield or 1H/OH isn't that big and Shaman were able to use the 2H legendary staff in the past. I can kinda understand for the bonus loot rolls, if they work like I think they do you aren't competing with other players for those rolls so since it rolls gear that your class can use it makes sense that you get bonus rolls that prefer a 1H and Shield over a 2H Staff, but it should not be totally excluded. Shaman are still restricted from certain types of weapons like 1H caster swords, so 2H staffs should be available.

I thought it was only for this one boss and its loot drops but people are making it sound like it will effect Shaman in all LFR loot drops so just wanna post my opinion.

@MattyCrossley Based on feedback, we are going to revert the change and let shaman win caster staves (and maces) once again.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...92115040460800

That change was retarded anyway, glad shamans can get staves from LFR again.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Good thing I got mine on my shaman last week. Yes, I use a staff. Only when it's better than my weapon/shield. Since I am not so lucky on shield drops (I still have a shield from heroics), the staff is superior. Once I get a shield out of ToT, then I will go back to weapon/shield. And still be the proud owner of an awesome staff.
    I got one aswell on my Ele shaman last week. Was an uppgrade from my 1h and shield. So I'm pretty happy with it
    Got it on my Mionk yesterday aswell^^

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    @MattyCrossley Based on feedback, we are going to revert the change and let shaman win caster staves (and maces) once again.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...92115040460800

That change was retarded anyway, glad shamans can get staves from LFR again.
    I'm glad just because I have the worst loot luck on my alt ele. I've blown so many elder charms, and mogu runes, all to no avail at getting a shield. I'm still using the stupid 476 fan. It really is frustrating, especially after I ran terrace on my fresh mage, got dagger off protectors, two swords off Tsulong, and two staves off Lei Shi Monday night. It was downright comical. Those key runs sure are great for maxing elder charms on alts, lol. Thank goodness I'm a chanter on that toon.

My guild had the same issues with Blackhorn and Gara'jal not dropping shields for our holy pally and resto shaman. It seems that shields and hunter weapons are the bane of our loot woes this tier so far. We've always had problems with them not dropping in our main runs.